Captain
# 1 Useful loading screens
04-13-2013, 11:07 AM
I would like to see loading screens provide useful information for the specific STF missions people are loading up. I am tired of people who are new to some missions entering the ground Elite missions with no idea what so ever of what to do and what equipment should be used.
Career Officer
# 2
04-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
I would like to see loading screens provide useful information for the specific STF missions people are loading up. I am tired of people who are new to some missions entering the ground Elite missions with no idea what so ever of what to do and what equipment should be used.
Loading screens don't stay up long enough to impart that kind of information. Isn't that what the Mission Briefing is for? And the Wiki?

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Captain
# 3
04-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmoonrizin View Post
Loading screens don't stay up long enough to impart that kind of information. Isn't that what the Mission Briefing is for? And the Wiki?
It is true they don't stay up long but having a single useful tip like saying the Borg Workers in The Cure Applied need to be killed to prevent the from shutting down the generator would be a example of a useful tip as well as recommend having a melee weapon available to use. I have been in that elite mission with people who ignored the drones and apparently had their chat closed so they could not hear me telling them to kill the workers.

Most people don't use wiki and don't read a large text of from mission briefings. A short tip on the loading screen could do wonders I think.
Republic Veteran
# 4
04-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
It is true they don't stay up long but having a single useful tip like saying the Borg Workers in The Cure Applied need to be killed to prevent the from shutting down the generator would be a example of a useful tip as well as recommend having a melee weapon available to use. I have been in that elite mission with people who ignored the drones and apparently had their chat closed so they could not hear me telling them to kill the workers.

Most people don't use wiki and don't read a large text of from mission briefings. A short tip on the loading screen could do wonders I think.
And you think it being on the loading screen is going to fix that, I don't think so.

Captain
# 5
04-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
And you think it being on the loading screen is going to fix that, I don't think so.
I do think their are some people it would still not help but their are some that it would. If it even helped reduce the problem by say 5% of the time it is a success in my book.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-14-2013, 01:14 AM
Quote:
I do think their are some people it would still not help but their are some that it would. If it even helped reduce the problem by say 5% of the time it is a success in my book.
i'm agree with you. many games have tips in the loading screen. and in sto we see the loading very often. bisides it's harmless.

ps: for those with low pc loading screen stay a while

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
04-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Or at the least destination specific images. eg Loading ESD space should show ESD.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net