Lt. Commander
# 1 When will we see the Hur'q?
04-13-2013, 06:38 PM
I was hoping someday the Hur'q would make an appearance on STO so we Klingons can get a little payback. If they do I am also curious as to what Cryptic will make them look like. Looking on the web the description ranges from humanoids with horns to antlike creatures. If the make them antlike they need to pattern them after the jack jumper ant. There's no more vile tempered insect in the world than a jack jumper, the black and orange coloration of this insect would be cool too.
Captain
# 2
04-13-2013, 07:00 PM
As they are technically extinct in canon, probably never.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 3
04-13-2013, 07:52 PM
i thought the hur'q where former gorn hegemony subject/client races?

but yea, getting insectoids and other more exotic aliens would be interesting.
even if the 'preservers' panspermia'd the galaxy there are bound to be species they didnt seed, the changlings and the bugs from conspiracy for example.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.

Last edited by skollulfr; 04-13-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Captain
# 4
04-13-2013, 07:56 PM
There is a new insect race in LoR - based on the winged insect pic we saw on the LoR website. It looks like they have insect-looking ships too.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-14-2013, 04:38 AM
I concur. Let's bring back the Hur'q so we can show them how we kick ass Klingon style.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-14-2013, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post

Villains never die, they always find a way to return from their graves. Or maybe the Hur'q aren't dead, maybe they're like the 17 yr cicada lying dormant until its time to crawl out of the ground and threaten the galaxy once more.

Last edited by magnumstar; 04-14-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Captain
# 7
04-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:

The Iconians were extinct in canon as well. Hasn't stopped STO. It would be interesting for the Hur'q to turn up. Their descendands in the Invasion game were insectoids, so I imagine them being something similar.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-14-2013, 06:32 AM
I'm not sure when they'll reintroduce the Hur'q, Magnumstar, but in an KDF centric episode seems likely.

As to what they look like: well I'm sure Cryptic would follow Star Trek: Invasion's vision of their appearence.
Perhaps not to letter though, for copyright reasons. But like the Ferasans and Kzinti- they should be similar.

Although I'd like them more like this picture, as a mixture of both a fly an a scarab: so as to be quite revolting.
That or more of a basis on a hybrid appearence between the giant weta and the cannibalistic mormon cricket.

Quote:
There is a new insect race in LoR - based on the winged insect pic we saw on the LoR website. It looks like they have insect-looking ships too.
I thought they were just mere animals for upcoming ground content?
They look too Disney/WoW in my view to actually be a serious sentient species.
Reminds me of the epohh or nanov in actuality, which makes me think:

Will they be introducing the Reman section of New Romulus in Legacy of Romulus?

The Remans seem to live in a kind of bay facility as shown in the usual opening cinematic.
It'd logically open into some amount of a cavernous system, I would imagine.
So with the knowledge of New Romulus's fauna's art style and this witnessed fitting locale..

Could it be possible the concept art is showing us an overgrown insect of Mol'Rihan's underworld?
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
There are no secrets except the secrets that keep themselves.

Last edited by daroska; 04-14-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 9
04-14-2013, 04:40 PM
The HurQ are a nomadic race so I wouldn't call them extint, I would like to see the HurQ return and possible be behind the Fek'Lhri. The Fek'Lhri arc I hope will get expanded at some point and a new HurQ arc that follows it on.

We don't need the KDF fighting the Borg or True Way they should (imo) be focusing exclusively on Undine, Federation, Rival Klingon Houses/KDF Member uprisings (Gorn etc), Fek'Lhri and HurQ. Maybe throw a little Hirogen and Romulan into the mix to dilute it a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 10
04-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
You must be new to Star Trek if you think being dead means someone is going away forever. :-)
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom