Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 31
04-13-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure why Bortas would be the better tank. Fleet Negh'var has 1.3% less hull, 10% more shield strength, and an additional layer of armor.
Captain
# 32
04-13-2013, 07:00 PM
DDIS is melting faces in one at the moment.
Commander
# 33
04-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
I'm not sure why Bortas would be the better tank. Fleet Negh'var has 1.3% less hull, 10% more shield strength, and an additional layer of armor.
False, dpending on the varient, Bort has equal/higher shield strength.
Commander
# 34
04-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsf00181 View Post
I've had a fleet Negh'Var on one character for over a month now. I usually pick a ship that I want a character to have at endgame and skill them appropriately for that ship. Also, means all my alts get action since sometimes I want to run a BoP, or maybe a Raptor for another game. I mostly PvE BTW.

Anyway, I have a tac in a a Fleet Negh'Var. I decided to put a tac in it because....well lets face DPS is king in PvE and anyone can tank the NPCs no matter what class. Even with only three tac consoles, I have no problem getting top DPS in games. This thing will tank almost anything, I've only been destroyer once in thing and thats because I was lazy. Also I run with some points in threat control and spray cannon fire and torpedoes all over the place to pull in agro, works great.

I do think the Fleet Vorcha is still a better ship because of its diversity, but the Negh'Var is just something different, and a great tank also. Honestly, I think the Negh'Var should be the T2 ship and the Vorcha the T4 ship. And I know people say the Bortas is a better tank, but unlike the Bortas, the Negh'Var can turn and tank almost as well.

If anyone is interested heres my build. Doffs are 3 purple techs, 1 tac team conn officer, and 1 shield distribution officer.

http://imageshack.us/a/img17/5636/sc...3041316513.jpg
I'm sorry, but the Negh cannot tank remotely as well as the Bort can.

Battleship vs Cruiser. Big difference.
Captain
# 35
04-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
False, dpending on the varient, Bort has equal/higher shield strength.
Which variant has something other than a 1.0 shield mod?
Commander
# 36
04-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Which variant has something other than a 1.0 shield mod?
You've got a fed shipyard, look that them.
Career Officer
# 37
04-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:

They are both cruisers, just with different terms attached to them.
Captain
# 38
04-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:

Actually, the Fleet Negh'Var is quite comparable to any version of the Bortasqu', to include the Bortas (which is an inferior ship), in the defensive role. They're pretty similar. Straight off the Shipyard info, yellow highlights for the better stats of note...

BOFF SLOTS - Draw, IMO, even though the Bortasqu' ships have better Universal slots. But since we're talking about defense, I know that LtCdr Universal is going to go to ENG with the Bortasqu'. Anything else is not a tanking Cruiser
Flt Negh'Var
TAC Lt / ENG Cmdr, LtCmdr / SCI Lt / UNIV Ens

Bortasqu' series
TAC Lt / ENG Cmdr / SCI Lt / UNIV LtCdr, Ens

CONSOLES - In terms of Consoles, since we're talking about tanking, the Fleet Negh'Var is superior. Yes, both can be equal in the 5 ENG Consoles, but being able to have 3 SCI consoles means alot for defense. You can slot a SCI Console for more shield capacity or regen rates, for example.
Flt Negh'Var: TAC 3, ENG 5, SCI 3

Bortasqu' series
War: TAC 4, ENG 5, SCI 1
Cmd: TAC 4, ENG 4, SCI 2
Tac: TAC 5, ENG 4, SCI 1

HULL - Bortasqu' series have the better hull.
Flt Negh'Var 42.9k
Bortasqu' series 43.5k

SHIELD MOD - Fleet Negh'Var has the better shield capacity as standard.
Flt Negh'Var 1.1
Bortasqu' series 1

CREW - Bortasqu' line has more crew.
Flt Negh'Var 2500
Bortasqu' series 3600

BASE TURN RATE - Not even a contest. Fleet Negh'Var handles far superior. And it doesn't need a fancy console to put an enemy in its front arc. Turn rate of 9 while not like the Vor'Cha or K'T'Inga, is still among the best in the entire game for a Cruiser.
Flt Negh'Var 9
Bortasqu' series 5

DEVICE - +1 for the Bortasqu' series.
Flt Negh'Var 3
Bortasqu' series 4

SUBSYSTEM POWER BONUS - In terms of pure defense, it's equal. If you're talking about the Bortasqu' Command Cruiser with its sensor analysis, it forsakes the extra ENG Console and gains 1 SCI Console for a total of 2, but still 1 SCI Console less than the Fleet Negh'Var which has 3 as well as its outstanding 5 ENG Consoles. So in short, the best Bortasqu' for durability is the same in subsystem power with the Fleet Negh'Var.
Flt Negh'Var 10 weapons and engines

Bortasqu' series
War & Cmd: 10 weapons and engines, Cmd has Sensor Analysis
Tac: 15 weapons

Overall, in terms of defense, durability, the Fleet Negh'Var and Bortasqu' series, namely the War Cruiser which lines up similarly to the Negh'Var, are pretty close. In shields and hull, one is better than the other. The Device option is however better for the Bortasqu' ships and should be mentioned again. But 3 for the Negh'Var is not bad.

If you want pure defense as a true STO ENG oriented Cruiser, I will not fault someone for making either choice.

But personally, the Fleet Negh'Var's base turn rate of 9 compared to the Bortasqu's 5 will make life alot easier in battle. Of all the stats you can compare, that turn rate by far is the biggest, widest margin in differences. It means alot to be able to present defense facings and weapon arcs in a timely manner without having to use special tricks that will go into a cooldown.
Commander
# 39
04-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Actually, the Fleet Negh'Var is quite comparable to any version of the Bortasqu', to include the Bortas (which is an inferior ship), in the defensive role. They're pretty similar. Straight off the Shipyard info, yellow highlights for the better stats of note...

BOFF SLOTS - Draw, IMO, even though the Bortasqu' ships have better Universal slots. But since we're talking about defense, I know that LtCdr Universal is going to go to ENG with the Bortasqu'. Anything else is not a tanking Cruiser
Flt Negh'Var
TAC Lt / ENG Cmdr, LtCmdr / SCI Lt / UNIV Ens

Bortasqu' series
TAC Lt / ENG Cmdr / SCI Lt / UNIV LtCdr, Ens

CONSOLES - In terms of Consoles, since we're talking about tanking, the Fleet Negh'Var is superior. Yes, both can be equal in the 5 ENG Consoles, but being able to have 3 SCI consoles means alot for defense. You can slot a SCI Console for more shield capacity or regen rates, for example.
Flt Negh'Var: TAC 3, ENG 5, SCI 3

Bortasqu' series
War: TAC 4, ENG 5, SCI 1
Cmd: TAC 4, ENG 4, SCI 2
Tac: TAC 5, ENG 4, SCI 1

HULL - Bortasqu' series have the better hull.
Flt Negh'Var 42.9k
Bortasqu' series 43.5k

SHIELD MOD - Fleet Negh'Var has the better shield capacity as standard.
Flt Negh'Var 1.1
Bortasqu' series 1

CREW - Bortasqu' line has more crew.
Flt Negh'Var 2500
Bortasqu' series 3600

BASE TURN RATE - Not even a contest. Fleet Negh'Var handles far superior. And it doesn't need a fancy console to put an enemy in its front arc. Turn rate of 9 while not like the Vor'Cha or K'T'Inga, is still among the best in the entire game for a Cruiser.
Flt Negh'Var 9
Bortasqu' series 5

DEVICE - +1 for the Bortasqu' series.
Flt Negh'Var 3
Bortasqu' series 4

SUBSYSTEM POWER BONUS - In terms of pure defense, it's equal. If you're talking about the Bortasqu' Command Cruiser with its sensor analysis, it forsakes the extra ENG Console and gains 1 SCI Console for a total of 2, but still 1 SCI Console less than the Fleet Negh'Var which has 3 as well as its outstanding 5 ENG Consoles. So in short, the best Bortasqu' for durability is the same in subsystem power with the Fleet Negh'Var.
Flt Negh'Var 10 weapons and engines

Bortasqu' series
War & Cmd: 10 weapons and engines, Cmd has Sensor Analysis
Tac: 15 weapons

Overall, in terms of defense, durability, the Fleet Negh'Var and Bortasqu' series, namely the War Cruiser which lines up similarly to the Negh'Var, are pretty close. In shields and hull, one is better than the other. The Device option is however better for the Bortasqu' ships and should be mentioned again. But 3 for the Negh'Var is not bad.

If you want pure defense as a true STO ENG oriented Cruiser, I will not fault someone for making either choice.

But personally, the Fleet Negh'Var's base turn rate of 9 compared to the Bortasqu's 5 will make life alot easier in battle. Of all the stats you can compare, that turn rate by far is the biggest, widest margin in differences. It means alot to be able to present defense facings and weapon arcs in a timely manner without having to use special tricks that will go into a cooldown.
What it really comes down to, is the weapon power/engine buffs, and the sizes of the ships themselves, they play differently. Having a Fleet Negh'Var myself, situations where my Bort would have powerhoused, the Negh'Var failed.

Areas where my Fleet Torkhat would have gotten the upper hand (mobility) the Negh'var failed.

It's too big to maneuver like a Vorcha, too small to roam like a Bort.

you feel the size difference when you fight in either of the ships.

In every possible was I could have pwned with my Bort, my Negh failed. Every possible way I could have pwned with my Torkhat, my Negh failed.

It's a red headed step child, mainly due to its size.

Last edited by benovide; 04-14-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-14-2013, 09:38 PM
I've been thinking of getting an upgrade for my KDF engineer and I'm stuck between the Bortasqu' War and the Fleet Negh'Var.

I know that the Fleet Vor'cha is a more maneuverable ship, but what gives the Bortasqu' the edge in survivability?

Last edited by tksmitty; 04-14-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Spelling error