Starfleet Veteran
Hi there

I usually play a lot of Borg STF's. I always used Electroceramic technical consoles against the plasma damage, but lately I heard that this is only against plasma energy damage, not against their plasma torpedoes (kinetic damage). And it would explain a lot. *lol*

Is this true?

Would Neutronium consoles be the better option, because they are against energy AND kinetic damage? They would also have the advantage that I can use those against all enemies, because they're not limited to plasma damage.

What do you think? Is Electroceramic really just against energy damage? STOWIKI can't help me with this.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
04-14-2013, 02:26 AM
Its true.

2 neutroniums is better than one energy specific armor and 1 monotanium, since the resistance values are the same but against all energy types.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
# 3
04-14-2013, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetiamatt81 View Post
Hi there

I usually play a lot of Borg STF's. I always used Electroceramic technical consoles against the plasma damage, but lately I heard that this is only against plasma energy damage, not against their plasma torpedoes (kinetic damage). And it would explain a lot. *lol*

Is this true?

Would Neutronium consoles be the better option, because they are against energy AND kinetic damage? They would also have the advantage that I can use those against all enemies, because they're not limited to plasma damage.

What do you think? Is Electroceramic really just against energy damage? STOWIKI can't help me with this.
You're right. The big punch from plasma torpedoes comes from their kinetic damage, although they do have a small amount of plasma damage. As such, neutronium is probably your best option, but electroceramic and monotanium can get you by until you can afford neutronium.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
04-14-2013, 04:03 AM
Thank you, so I change to Neutronium.

I always thought that "Plasma Damage" means damage from Plasma Energy weapons as well as from Plasma Torpedoes.

By the way: There is a mission where you can get a free blue MK XI Neutronium Console. Just play the last Undine mission (A light in the dark).
Edit: KDF seems to get just a console Mark X! Don't know why...

Last edited by helvetiamatt81; 04-14-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Captain
# 5
04-14-2013, 04:54 AM
It depends. Neutronium has the bonus of having all the energy type resistances. But it is also more then ten times more expensive then the rest.

Tooltips say for Mark XII purple consoles:

Monotanium : 40 Kinetic.
Neutronium : 20 kinetic 20 energy (all type)
Electroceramic : 40 plasma/tetryon energy

So for pure borg STFs, it seems the monotanium+electroceramic gives the same amount as the Neutronium.

But the neutronium is more useful outside STFs, if you don't mind its exorbitant price.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.