Captain
# 11
02-25-2013, 10:28 PM
It is worth it to subscribe for a month, but that is it. Not sure what level 50 characters get when they subscribe for a month. If you want to get veteran rewards, then go for the lifetime subscription when it goes on sale.
Ensign
# 12
02-26-2013, 01:58 AM
Qucik question. The benefits, do they vanish when subscription ends? what about the characters?
Captain
# 13
02-26-2013, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvirith1 View Post
Qucik question. The benefits, do they vanish when subscription ends? what about the characters?
If you sub, you get an extra character - which you must have made a character with or you will lose that slot iirc - all the other benefits like the expanded inventory, bridge officer slots, account bank ect which will stay with you when you drop back to silver (the only thing that goes will be the EC cap which you can buy with the 500zen for that months sub.

Most people sub for 1 month, level up thier characters so they get the respec tokens - very valuable - as well as the full inventory/bank slots and then drop back to silver with no real change.

Its important that you level up to 50 - which is very easy to do - to get the maximum benefits as you get bank slots per rank up ect
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Ensign
# 14
02-26-2013, 04:01 AM
Am I reading that right that you'd need to level up to 50 all three characters in order to keep the benefits of subscribing for one month?...or is it enough to just create two additional characters while you're subbed?

I wonder because I can barely see me being able to level one character to 50 in a month, let alone 3!
Captain
# 15
02-26-2013, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezzna View Post
Am I reading that right that you'd need to level up to 50 all three characters in order to keep the benefits of subscribing for one month?...or is it enough to just create two additional characters while you're subbed?

I wonder because I can barely see me being able to level one character to 50 in a month, let alone 3!
No, you just need to make 3 characters which could be all level 1 - that stops you from losing the sub free character when you go back to silver - its just that to maximise all the sub benefits its worth levelling them to 50 in the sub period - you get extra inventory / respec tokens and bank slots per rank up so to get the maximum slots ect its best to get to 50 in the sub period.
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Career Officer
# 16
02-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezzna View Post

If you want those 'free' respec tokens, then yes. Otherwise, you can have 2 characters at level cap, then subscribe, and get all the slots 'retroactive', as they get everything except the respec tokens, and concentrate on leveling up the new third character...

(And if you can't do that in a single month, you could always subscribe for another month...)
Career Officer
# 17
02-27-2013, 07:12 AM
It is worth it if you are a new player, new toon, no levels. If you subscribe as you are leveling then you get lots of unlocks, ship tokens and respec tokens as you level which are invaluable.

Once you hit max level and you are not a LTS sub, it is better to go F2P. The reason is you can cherry pick the items you want from the zen store for a perma unlock. basically you are paying $10 per/mo to do different things you can unlock with a single purchase anyway.

That is my 2 cents.
Ensign
# 18
04-13-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm wondering if the zen stipend is working or not. I haven't seen any in awhile. I'm watching, but has anyone run into a problem with it not showing up? I'm in week 3 waiting now. So by week 5 it better show up or there's a serious problem.
Career Officer
# 19
04-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saladinco View Post
I'm wondering if the zen stipend is working or not. I haven't seen any in awhile. I'm watching, but has anyone run into a problem with it not showing up? I'm in week 3 waiting now. So by week 5 it better show up or there's a serious problem.
Mine usually hits around the 5th of every month.
Survivor of Remus
# 20
04-14-2013, 08:08 AM
I am myself returning to the game after a long absence from it. This thread was just the info I was looking for. I think I will re-up for a month and then just get ZEN for everything else. For a while I may even spend more per month but as long as the game play is fun I am cool with that.

Plus I'm starting back over to relearn how to play.