Commander
# 1 Data Chips
04-14-2013, 09:07 AM
I have been going to the Academy and doing the quick little missions there where you pick up data chip, and also can do a quick test question for Dilithium.

I've googled the Data chip and I can't find anything that clearly explains what it is for. I've been right mouse clicking them, and selecting 'Use' and they seem to give me some XP, but I don't know what they are meant for.

Can someone clue me in?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=96550022000&type=sigpic&dateline=13659  55208
Captain
# 2
04-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Double click on it lol that will tell you what it's for lol
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Captain
# 3
04-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astimingpyle View Post
I have been going to the Academy and doing the quick little missions there where you pick up data chip, and also can do a quick test question for Dilithium.

I've googled the Data chip and I can't find anything that clearly explains what it is for. I've been right mouse clicking them, and selecting 'Use' and they seem to give me some XP, but I don't know what they are meant for.

Can someone clue me in?
They outline the path to 2409. Basically the backstory of STO. If you go to your accolades, you will have a set of "Path to 2409" accolades. You can click those and you will get the information on the data chips you have collected and they will tell you parts of the story between Nemesis and leading up to the start of the game.
Rihannsu
# 4
04-14-2013, 10:23 AM
there are also Romulan Data Chips that you can get from a researcher on New Romulus, that give you the history of the Sundering and the ancient Romulan colony there.