Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
A Fed starbase just hit tier 5 science, getting access to elite fleet hangar pets. Normally this wouldn't be cause for concern- just more spam, except for one little problem.

http://i.imgur.com/hwLHSBB.jpg

Take a look at the lower right. I'll wait.

And yes, I can hear the scream of outrage from here. That's right: Fed Battle Cloaks.

It's on their fighters- only a matter of time before every ship in their fleet has it, completely wrecking any sense of unique play the KDF faction has.

With the Romulans getting their own unique play options via singularity cores, we KDF are officially bent over a rail here.

Welcome to the end of STO.

I kid, but I thought I'd pre-empt the inevitable 'omg trek is teh overz' thread since they'll start up as more people hit T5 science and the old 'the feds are stealing our uniquenessez!' guys come out of hiding.

Last edited by illcadia; 04-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-14-2013, 01:04 PM
i can't beleive they did T5 science.
It is really hard to get the doffs. Our fleet has been working on other stuff.
Captain
# 3
04-14-2013, 01:11 PM
I am not concerned about the pets having battle-cloak seriously.

I am more worried about the Yellowstone. I really do not believe that after all the problems Danubes caused, the developers could be this shortsighted.

reasons why the aforementioned not a problem.

1.) Pet logic is laughable.

2.) Do I need to tell you what happens when a TS III, GW III, TR III, CPB II, PSW III hits a cloaking ship?

3.) Theta, Acetone Assimilators - the parties getting started!

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 04-14-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Captain
# 4
04-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Welcome to the end of STO.
The KDF is about to get 1-50 Mission Content, the Roms are about to be introduced, and you think a Pet with battle cloak is the end of STO? Can we be any more dramatic here?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Ponies are dramagic.

I had no idea they snuck elite jem hadar fighters in there... Dammit.
Captain
# 6
04-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Looks like a nice versatile selection of fighter pets for Feddies. Once these become more common, maybe the Feddies will stop whining about the KDF having frigate pets. Especially with that Yellowstone runabout. . .good god, chronitons, TT3, AND Warp Plasma. . .on a carrier pet? What the hell, devs?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
First impression: Yay, this means when we make it availible at my fleet my Fedcat can have somewhat better cat-craft in her Atrox and she could use Caitian fighters on the Caitian carrier rather than the current carp. It will take some time though. And I agree, not as impressive as the Yellowstones anyway.

Second impression: To any forum moderator that stumbles upon these forums, please now and in the future immidiately close threads with such titles. I'm even willing to pay cold hard zen for that!

So the Stalker pets have a battle cloak. So what?
"Only a matter of time when every ship in their fleet has it". Really? Unless you're working at Cryptic I have no idea how you can know that.
They already shortcutted through that with the Romulan Republic having alliances with the Federation & KDF. That is the way for Fed. players to have starships with cloak and still play the content on their prefered side of STO. With the exception of the Defiant & Galaxy-X, Starfleet's ships will never have cloaks. CBS won't allow it. Especially after the option for Romulans to allign with Feds.
And the cloak is more of a gimmick. It's not the holy grail of STO.

For Star Trek sake, "KDF is over", "End of KDF" and such titles of threads are becomming very old very fast. Give it a rest. The KDF survived much harder times, so it's not about to fall apart when it finally is shaping up to become a proper full faction.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 8
04-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post

So the Stalker pets have a battle cloak. So what?
"Only a matter of time when every ship in their fleet has it"...

For Star Trek sake, "KDF is over", "End of KDF" and such titles of threads are becomming very old very fast. Give it a rest. The KDF survived much harder times, so it's not about to fall apart when it finally is shaping up to become a proper full faction.
What he said.

Overreact much? I mean for crying out loud, it's just one fighter, which is supposed to be a stealth fighter, and it's nigh unobtainable anyway.

As for this "every ship in the fleet" nonsense, yes, like every Fed ship already has a cloaking device, fully universal BOff layouts, plasmonic leach...

Ow. I just strained my eyes by rolling them too hard.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
04-14-2013, 04:01 PM
truthfully...i could careless about seeing people USING elite stalkers...its rare to see atrox flying around these days. I for one like the battle cloak for the elite stalkers. makes them that much more easier to hide from sensors The thoron pulse is pretty nice thought thats for sure (even the normal ones hahh)

these guys are shield strippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 10
04-14-2013, 04:33 PM
The AI of the stalkers is the same as the other fighter types: They fly to target, swarm around it. Battle cloak is of no use since the AI decloaks them when they 'attack' .. hence the only time they will actually cloak is when they are on recall.

The yellowstone and delta flyer are a much bigger concern. Tractor and tachyon beam ... under AI rules (not player rules). That is scary shiznit.

Jemhadar bug fighter with BO2. yikes...

I wonder what the elite BOP is like though.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg