Empire Veteran
# 21
04-14-2013, 04:02 PM
it would sorta barely be ok if they dropped a single puff every minute or so, has anyone seen them in action yet?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 22
04-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Clearly the solution is to give them Beam Target Engines 3 and Graviton Pulse, too, so that Omegas won't let you move, either. We wouldn't want there to be imbalance between sci and tac powers!
Captain
# 23
04-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Where are my Elite Interceptors? They're so underp- underpow- lol I can't even get it out. NVM me.
Captain
# 24
04-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Pets with
Rapid fire 3
Dem 3
Tractor 3
Tetryon warp plasma ? I have no idea wtf that is but it sounds extremely stupid
Faw 3 +beta 3 WTF
BC + MES on one pet ? Why even lol Do these guys even pay any attention or just randomly throw crap on these things

Good game Cryptic. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 25
04-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
it would sorta barely be ok if they dropped a single puff every minute or so, has anyone seen them in action yet?
Maaaaaaybe one little 'pulse' of EWP (not the whole long chain) MIGHT be ok.

But, from what it currently looks like, it's a copy of the player ability (available from the shuttle engines).

And then there's the fact that there's going to be 8 of these little turds flying around pooping everywhere.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 26
04-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Maaaaaaybe one little 'pulse' of EWP (not the whole long chain) MIGHT be ok.

But, from what it currently looks like, it's a copy of the player ability (available from the shuttle engines).

And then there's the fact that there's going to be 8 of these little turds flying around pooping everywhere.
maybe theyll "balance" it out by not allowing all the pets to drop their gas at once but instead chain it all! -sarcasim-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Commander
# 27
04-14-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm developing a firmer belief every day that systems "balances" by a algorithm similar to "Get drunk on whiskey then grab tacks from a bad with random values on them and finished with walk to wall with whatever they have to work on that week and then while blindfolded stick the tack to the wall.

Only way I can explain some of these things.
Captain
# 28
04-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Even with their 'nerf', Danubes still use their Tractors with alarming frequency. And those Chronitons proc a bunch too, considering there's 4-8 of those things being shot at you.

Now these things have a longer duration TB and get an EWP to boot.

Even if some sort of high CD was implemented on the EWP, you'd just have to pump out new ones (which is what... ~30 seconds with high Aux and no DOffs?) to have that CD reset on the fresh ones.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Commander
# 29
04-14-2013, 06:35 PM
I was in PVP against a guy that was outfitted to the hilt with awesome stuff, he had fighters, those tractor beam drone things TONS of !@#$ Torpedo's AND was quite the tank...also could telaport himself behind me, I still managed to get him a few times and barely won the match, I was actually working very hard to just stay alive in my Kumari...Mines and turrets go a long way to help fight against such enemy's make sure your weapons have a decent [Acc] and the Romulan consoles and cutting beam also add Plasma to weapons that do not have plasma...Keep this in mind for next time.
Commander
# 30
04-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Well looks like this game is becoming more unfun by the day.

Good thing I dropped by

Cheers to all
GenxCraig
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update