Lieutenant
# 11
04-14-2013, 11:52 AM
PS; you seem to forget that the klingon ships are using disruptors with the disruptor proc being: -10 (or 15... whateva... all damage resistance rating for 10 seconds...)

When you have 20 or 30 plus ships firing at you in that timeframe; yea its not difficult to know why you die...

Your damage resistance gets nullified by the sheer cluster**** that ensues then. Also, bio-neural warheads really?? Those forsaken things have killed me a few times already... They are especially deadly when there are 30 plus ships shooting at you, stripping your shields in no seconds flat, and get a BNW up your ass... It always has been and always shall be a cluster**** of a fleet event...

It has been reworked, but its the same old cluster**** it was before...

When I get to the cluster**** part of this FE, I hit the GTFO button (lol) or Emergency Power To The Engines, preset power to shields (or engines... it depends) and just gtfo.

If I survive I try to head back to the mission start. Otherwise I will let myself blow up, wait the 14 seconds and start at the start again.

PS: you could just let yourself die over and over again... Just try to stay alive for a few minutes after your previous death or the spawn timer will increase...

Peace
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-14-2013, 12:58 PM
The only way to completely survive the second half of Starbase 24 is to be away from the starbase when the 50th ship pops.

I usually head toward the space cylinder/sensor relay/dueterium tank to the right of the spawn. A small Negh' Var group spawns there so I can get to work immediately.

Even if the entire team stays together you'll all die eventually, being whittled down by the massed Klingon firepower.
Lieutenant
# 13
04-14-2013, 12:59 PM
There are a few other options that can be utilized as well. First off, if you have the Vesta pack, the 'perfect shield' will allow you to move out of there and get better possitioned even while taking fire. I personally use it when a tac cube is about to go boom in my face in CSE. If you'd rather dish out max punishment, and you are speced for the Vesta's Quantum Focused Phaser Array, hit FP, MQS (Multidimensional Quantum Shield), RSP, and start moving while being ready to hit FF (Fermion Field) once MQS stops working so you can gain a few more moments before going boom. And once you don't have to worry about 50 ships raining death on you, pick out one that particularly annoys you and use the Quantum Focused Phaser and watch the ship melt before your eyes.
Commander
# 14
04-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Turn and burn away from the starbase, hit every defensive cooldown you have.
Career Officer
# 15
04-15-2013, 06:51 AM
FAW, TT, RSP, EPS, Duetrium Tank, Brace, Subspace dohicky, and fly right at spawn with the whole klingon army on your tail its fun, and I only wish I could see the faces of the guys that are doing SB24 for the first time lol