Rihannsu
# 41
04-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Honestly, I am kinda baffled how they gave the Yellowstone that Eject Tetryon Warp Plasma. I mean sure it fits the scheme that they are involved in, where they are trying to immobilize things.. But really.. a power that not only has similar stats to Eject Warp Plasma, but instead of Damage, they disable engines? So.. your GOING to get stuck in it..and Omega can't help you when your engines go off line?

I don't seem to be the only one who thinks that it's a bad Idea.. Not to mention coming from 4 of them... for a Vesta/Armitage.. or 8 from a Dread, Atrox, or Tholian..

But why not change them and swap out the ETWP for Target Subsystem: Engines 3 instead? It'll still be attempting the same thing, but with less graphics issues on their engine.. Uhg.. Mine as well also add on the stipulation that you have to own the Yellow Stone Shuttle... Why not right?

And those poor Type 10 Shuttles. I mean I seriously feel bad for them. Could have given them FAW or something..

Rapid Fire 3 BO 2 for the Elite JHAS..... Greeat... Thankfully the AI is still pretty STUPID..

Elite Stalkers... Battle Cloak.... Really? Meh.. at least they didn't get much to buff them compared to the Yellowstones..

And APB 3 FAW 3 for the Mesh weavers? Kinda Cute.

All that and I now am REALLY Curious on what the KDF Side gets..

I'd suspect:

Fek'lhiri Frigate: Aceton Beam 3, Rapid fire 3, HY 2
S'kul fighters: Raming speed 3, Rapid fire 2 or 3 maybe
To'duj Fighters: Same as the Peregrine Fighters but with Disruptors.
Bird of Prey: HY 3, Rapid Fire 3
Orion Slavers: Their Theft ability might work on players too, but still only "steal" the same stuff as the lower tier..
Marauding Force: Might just make their Boarding Party Effect work like Boarding PArty 3
Tachyon Drones: Probobly Tachyon Beam 3.. Maybe even Vent Plasma..
Orion Intercepters: Maybe Spread 3.. Or something to make their Engine Targeting more annoying.. Chroniton Dispersal Pattern Beta 2 or something..

Either way I'm sure fleets with the Pets will get rich off us Carrier Pilots..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku

Last edited by webdeath; 04-15-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Career Officer
# 42
04-15-2013, 02:18 AM
I just think it's a pity that, as already noted, the type-10 shuttles are still not really worth purchasing. I love the look of those little shuttles.

Sadly, they are no cheaper than any other hanger 'item' and are, to say the least, somewhat less funtional than most of the alternatives. There just isn't any reason to select the type-10 over, for example, the Delta Flyers and certainly not the Runabouts.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 43
04-15-2013, 02:23 AM
type-10 shuttlers should get FAW and perhaps APD that they would cast on allies.
Career Officer
# 44
04-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
type-10 shuttlers should get FAW and perhaps APD that they would cast on allies.
They definitely need something else, as they're no cheaper than any other hanger item, somewhat less functional and definitely inferior to pretty much everything else available for hangers. The end result being that they're just not worth buying - and that's a shame.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 45
04-15-2013, 03:28 AM
...its official... the monkeys chained to the design boards at cryptic finally escaped and have been replaced with a dartboard based selection system

..seriously, its the only explanation for this insanity
Captain
# 46
04-15-2013, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
You guys are so used to complain about anything, especially pets, that you don't even know how they work.

An ability can be used by one pet in the wing, and the wing is on CD as soon as one pets uses the ability. The abilities are similar to players ones. So it's at most 2 EWP every 45s, and the AI isn't as smart as you are, hopefully, so you might SEE that there is a dangerous zone.

I like these pets. Great control stuff. Sci powers are so lame that any sci deserves pets.

And since Gecko's current long-term plans are to turn pvp into a MOBA game (pvevp), you should get used to it anyway.
Have you seen these in person? Are these actually how they work?

Even so... that's OP.

2 EWP every 45 seconds is ridiculous. That's giving players 2 free LtC Eng abilities on top of the free LtC Sci ability in the form of Tractor Beam 3.

And as far as the whole wing being on CD... just pop out a new wing, and the CD is reset. Yayyy.

It's just going to clutter up the battlefield more, cause ridiculous amounts of frustration, replace player skill to the point where they're going to be more of a crutch, and cause horrendous lag. Remember how STO can't even render a lot of torps/GW/EWP as it already is?
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Empire Veteran
# 47
04-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Have you seen these in person? Are these actually how they work?

Even so... that's OP.

2 EWP every 45 seconds is ridiculous. That's giving players 2 free LtC Eng abilities on top of the free LtC Sci ability in the form of Tractor Beam 3.

And as far as the whole wing being on CD... just pop out a new wing, and the CD is reset. Yayyy.

It's just going to clutter up the battlefield more, cause ridiculous amounts of frustration, replace player skill to the point where they're going to be more of a crutch, and cause horrendous lag. Remember how STO can't even render a lot of torps/GW/EWP as it already is?
Well launching a new wing doesn't reset the runabouts abilities like the other pets.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Empire Veteran
# 48
04-15-2013, 05:16 AM
If everyone is randomly held in place...wider firing arcs are better...aha! It is actully intended as a buff to cruisers!
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 49
04-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
Well launching a new wing doesn't reset the runabouts abilities like the other pets.
Proof? Everything I've seen says the opposite of what you've just said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 50
04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
I have mixed feelings about this. I can see those Yellowstones being extremely annoying (much like the Danubes were when they first came out); but I have been thinking that there needs to be more ways of getting around Omega (which this could, if what I'm reading is correct), so part of me kinda likes this. Mind you, it's a very small part.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters