Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 289
# 21
04-15-2013, 08:40 AM
The OP is too funny, One pet gets a battlecloak and now all the KDF players will delete there accounts and no new players will start KDF toons due to this new item. And thus the STO game as a whole will fail and cryptic will shut down the servers. Great post chicken little.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 22
04-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
The treaty was ended when the RSE collapsed I mean sure its still there but the treaty doesn't really matter with how weak the RSE is now and there has been no agreement with the NRR to restrict cloaks on fed ships. Really the only reason feds don't have more cloak ships is because of Klingon tears.
Per the path to 2409, the Federation is still ostensibly enforcing the treaty. Please note I'm making no argument as to the intelligence of that decision, simply pointing out that said decision was in fact made.

How that's all going to work with the way LoR is setup however, I have no idea.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,446
# 23
04-15-2013, 10:16 AM
According to the Path to 2409 they are, but according to events during 2409 they have stopped. The Galaxy-X was one of the first two ships available outside of the regular ship progression (TOS Connie preorder being the other), and was a flagrant violation of the Trety of Algeron. The VA ships were also pretty early additions (I think the next three out Fed side after those two? Or was the Excelsior out before that?), and include a second violation.

Whether the Federation now considers the treaty invalid or if they've declared it in abeyance because of Romulan violations of it isn't clear, but either way it's no longer in force somehow - the Federation has developed a cloaking device, and is now using a short term cloaking device acquired from New Romulus (the treaty also forbade the use of cloaking devices acquired from elsewhere).

Last edited by hevach; 04-15-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 24
04-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
According to the Path to 2409 they are, but according to events during 2409 they have stopped. The Galaxy-X was one of the first two ships available outside of the regular ship progression (TOS Connie preorder being the other), and was a flagrant violation of the Trety of Algeron. The VA ships were also pretty early additions (I think the next three out Fed side after those two? Or was the Excelsior out before that?), and include a second violation.
STO and time have always had...strange...relationships. It should be at least 2412 in-game, but it isn't.

Also, did the Defiant-R come with a cloak out of the box or was that added later? It's been so long now that I honestly can't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Whether the Federation now considers the treaty invalid or if they've declared it in abeyance because of Romulan violations of it isn't clear, but either way it's no longer in force somehow.
It's something that very badly needs an in-universe explanation. Anek Okeeg made a pretty big (albeit not exactly strategically brilliant) ethical stand when he stood up for the Treaty, but suddenly because Cryptic needed the dough that went out the window with the Gal-X and Defiant-R.

Toss in the giant mess that is the state of the Romulan species and you get all manner of contradictory stuffs.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,002
# 25
04-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
A Fed starbase just hit tier 5 science, getting access to elite fleet hangar pets. Normally this wouldn't be cause for concern- just more spam, except for one little problem.

http://i.imgur.com/hwLHSBB.jpg

Take a look at the lower right. I'll wait.




And yes, I can hear the scream of outrage from here. That's right: Fed Battle Cloaks.

It's on their fighters- only a matter of time before every ship in their fleet has it, completely wrecking any sense of unique play the KDF faction has.


With the Romulans getting their own unique play options via singularity cores, we KDF are officially bent over a rail here.

Welcome to the end of STO.

I kid, but I thought I'd pre-empt the inevitable 'omg trek is teh overz' thread since they'll start up as more people hit T5 science and the old 'the feds are stealing our uniquenessez!' guys come out of hiding.
I agree with the general sentiment I see in here that battle cloaking fed pets are a slippery slope that will lead to more begging from feds and eventually Fed ships with battle cloak. Every single time I come on to these forums it seems the devs are taking another shot at Klingon uniqueness by eroding any sort of distinctive feature the Klings have, whether it's the klingon STF space and ground sets, carriers, etc.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 108
# 26
04-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
What he said.

Overreact much? I mean for crying out loud, it's just one fighter, which is supposed to be a stealth fighter, and it's nigh unobtainable anyway.

.
Agreed its called STALKER. so doesn't any cloak help? besides its battle cloak not the enhanced version.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 769
# 27
04-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Also, did the Defiant-R come with a cloak out of the box or was that added later? It's been so long now that I honestly can't remember.
The Defiant-R and Galaxy-X always came with a cloak from the moment they were introduced into the game.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 28
04-15-2013, 11:28 AM
The AI is so stupid that it's afraid of its own torpedoes and will cloak immediately to stay safe. No worries. There's no danger here.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,391
# 29
04-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Where is it I can't it and those are the exact same as I got from the Dilthium store?
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
# 30
04-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
It should be at least 2412 in-game, but it isn't.
Why do you say that? DS9 ran from 1993-1999 and was set in 2369-2375... So, there's no direct analogue.

Edit: Or maybe you just meant it's strange that the year hasn't ticked up since the game was released? Apologies if I misread.

Last edited by wifflecondom; 04-15-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 AM.