Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 STOked Radio Interviews dStahl
04-15-2013, 11:00 AM
In this week's episode of STOked Radio, Mav and Irish sat down to talk with Executive Producer Daniel Stahl about Legacy of Romulus.

Link to the interview.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
04-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Any chance for a transcript or summary? It doesn't look like Stoked's site has one.
Captain
# 3
04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Any chance for a transcript or summary? It doesn't look like Stoked's site has one.
the STO discussion subforum has a thread that has some of what was talked about summarized.
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Reducing the costs of fleet holdings and starbases: ok, as long as the people who got tons of fleet credits get some sort of compensation. I'd like to see cryptic admitting a mistake but saying "ok we did it wrong, but you did well, here is something for you". That would be a positive change.

An "expected kdf outcry"? Come on, seriously?

And still no word on Romulans flying KDF and Fed ships?
Republic Veteran
# 5
04-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Dan's answer to scimitar was kinda vague... does that mean it will be in the game playable or won't.... But nice interview over all and honestly i think it was a smart game design decision to not split the sto gaming community any more with factions, it just doesn't make sense in the long term. But I would love to see a Romulan starbase as a holding.

Last edited by cryptkeeper0; 04-15-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Captain
# 6
04-15-2013, 12:06 PM
@ Daniel Stahl,
Splintering of the player base has already occurred. As a result of pushing everyone into fleets, shutting down the Omega office, establishing fleet bases, and establishing embassies, the population in many locations have drastically declined.

Second, what the heck are you going to do with the ground stfs? During the past three to four weeks, the majority of the players have abandoned "Khitomer", "Infected", Cure", and "Hive". Unless you do something to entice people to play, I do not see how the ground stfs will continue to exist. I waited twenty-five to thirty minutes to play a ground stf.

Did the player population suddenly decline?

Did the push for fleets drastically thin out the population?

Did the majority of the players already complete the Omega rep system?

If there is no population problem, what is scaring people away from the ground stfs?

Over the past three to four weeks, something about the player population had drastically changed.

Did people burnout from the grinding?

Did players shift their way of playing?

What is going on here?

Last edited by linyive; 04-15-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Rihannsu
# 7
04-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
...During the past three to four weeks, the majority of the players have abandoned [ground STFs]...
My best guess answer for you: When they created the Omega Rep system, they removed the need to do ground STFs to get all the Mk XII gear. Most players generally prefer space combat over ground, and Space STFs are faster/easier. So when you have to grind STFs, people are going to default to whatever gets the job done most efficiently. Hence the popularity of Space STFs.

Combine that with the fact that I bet many players have completed their T5 Omega Force Rep (I have on a handful of toons), and you're going to have fewer players doing Omega at all (though I'd wager there will always be a good audience for STFs since they pay out good Dil (especially when you can convert your Marks/NPs to Dil), at least until something better comes along).

That being said, if you join one of the Public Elite STF chat channels, you should be able to find ground STF players faster than 25-30mins (and they're likely better players than you'll find in most PUGs).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Empire Veteran
# 8
04-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
@ Daniel Stahl,
Splintering of the player base has already occurred. As a result of pushing everyone into fleets, shutting down the Omega office, establishing fleet bases, and establishing embassies, the population in many locations have drastically declined.

Second, what the heck are you going to do with the ground stfs? During the past three to four weeks, the majority of the players have abandoned "Khitomer", "Infected", Cure", and "Hive". Unless you do something to entice people to play, I do not see how the ground stfs will continue to exist. I waited twenty-five to thirty minutes to play a ground stf.

Did the player population suddenly decline?

Did the push for fleets drastically thin out the population?

Did the majority of the players already complete the Omega rep system?

If there is no population problem, what is scaring people away from the ground stfs?

Over the past three to four weeks, something about the player population had drastically changed.

Did people burnout from the grinding?

Did players shift their way of playing?

What is going on here?
You don't get it. He doesn't want people to play in empty factions where people feel lonely. When you go to ESD you don't. Sometimes, on qonos, you do.
Career Officer
# 9
04-15-2013, 12:40 PM
I could agree with Riker being the voice of the Federation.

Personally, my preference there, as I tend to say on these forums, is to have a Riker ECH who's married to Minuet.

I imagine CBS will be really dodgy regarding what you can or can't say about Riker's fate but having a Riker ECH married to Minuet lets you pick up a TNG subplot at least and deal with the state of the photonics and artificial life in the Federation, which is in many ways one of the core Federation storylines.

Plus, I've seen Frakes play old men and I think he's more fun playing a character who's quick on his feet and witty. And I think we've seen plenty of bad tempered holograms. It would be humanizing to see one who's got a bit of Riker's sense of humor.
Captain
# 10
04-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta50024 View Post
the STO discussion subforum has a thread that has some of what was talked about summarized.
I don't think so.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.