Career Officer
# 11
04-15-2013, 02:14 PM
and the power creep continues...

"Gold players will be able to purchase both trait and reputation respecs in the Dilithium Store at a discounted rate. We?ll also be adding a bundle of skill, reputation, and trait respecs in the C- Store at a discount."

- another (tiny) Bonus for Gold Players? (do i smell a new approach here? adding benefits for subscribers again?).

- skill and reputation respecs listed separately, hmm at the moment if you use a skill respec and click on the *reset everything* button your reputation skills will also reset [at least thats what i've heard].
I take it this will now be an extra item? costing extra zen...

hmm my 10 characters surely have made some errors in their choice of traits, so i kinda look forward to be able to change them around a bit.
but then... changing traits of TEN characters... to new stuff i am not used to yet,
that will only result in the next messed up choices.

that bit about adding / earning new trait choices later...
do we get new trait slots with those new traits then?
or free respecs?
or do we have to pay for respecs to use any traits that are added later?

...i guess that will be decided later anyway.
Captain
# 12
04-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
hmm my 10 characters surely have made some errors in their choice of traits, so i kinda look forward to be able to change them around a bit.
but then... changing traits of TEN characters... to new stuff i am not used to yet,
that will only result in the next messed up choices.
you gotta do it right away? you cant wait for other people to make mistakes first?
Captain
# 13
04-15-2013, 02:53 PM
I like what I see. I kind of wonder if there's any other way to do respecs, rather than splitting them all up. I hope the pricing for all three combined will be comparable to the current single respec now - it seems like it would be a bit of a gouge to charge three times the current single respec for all three, since they're all really the same thing, sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
I can't help but wonder (or should that be want?) if there would ever be a way to gain access to another class's traits, i.e a Tac getting access to Conservation of Energy, or an Eng or Sci getting Crippling Fire. Maybe for getting an accolade for doing x (absurd) amount of exotic damage on a non-sci character would get that character access to that particular trait.

Maybe some traits available through DOFFing too?
Those are good ideas.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
04-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
...Borg Neural Blast is kind of meh...
Any active species-specific traits that you feel are "meh", please post in the Tribble feedback thread for the Trait revamp. My goal is to leave no traits feeling "meh", so that you can always take the ones you think are cool.
Empire Veteran
# 15
04-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff "AdjudicatorHawk" Hamilton
Ultimately, your captain?s traits can now be more closely tailored to your playstyle, and you will hopefully never again feel like you missed out on a trait during character selection that you just can?t take anymore.
if only this were true. on tribble, my liberated borg captain cannot chose the trait 'elusive', one of the absolute must haves for anyone that space pvps. i was this close to reroling this character because it was made before i knew beter, but then when i heard trait respecs were due next season, or whatever, i didnt hold off and got this character fleet ships, and fully ground out rep, knowing that i just had to stick it out until i could get that respec.

and now i find that that trait is bared on that species, or theres some kind of bug. the traits are terribly buggy on tribble right now. if it is intentional that lib borg cant get the elusive trait, thats UNACCEPTABLE. this is a somewhat premium species, your not making it desirable if you bar the best trait there is from it. i wish you would have told me back at season 7 that you were going to screw over that character so i would not have wasted so much time and money on it, at this rate it will forever be mediocre

i cant go back and change this character into one that can have elusive, i would if i could, so this bug or barring needs to be cleared up before may. you can bar anything but accurate and elusive from any species you want, but these 2 are critically important to pvp, theres a huge difference in performance between my character with both, and another with nether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Any active species-specific traits that you feel are "meh", please post in the Tribble feedback thread for the Trait revamp. My goal is to leave no traits feeling "meh", so that you can always take the ones you think are cool.
i have posted this concern in that thread in its first few pages, i was extreamly unhappy about it then, so it may have seemed a bit harsh. but that only because i waited so much time and money on a character i can never truly optimize, as it stands currently. is this an intended baring or more of a bug?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 04-15-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Captain
# 16
04-15-2013, 03:03 PM
What will this do for BOFFs? Will their species traits be consolidated as well? If so will their new traits be random or will we get to select them? Will old BOFFs stay the same but new ones be consolidated? etc.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 17
04-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
I have a question about the trait respecs. I read in the blog that Gold members of the game will be able to get additional trait respecs through the dilithium store at a discounted rate... does this mean that Silver players will also have the trait respecs available in the dilithium store? or is it only available via the C-store for silver players?
Understandable confusion, sorry for the unclear wording there! Only Gold players will see the option to purchase trait respecs in the Dilithium store.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
04-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
What will this do for BOFFs? Will their species traits be consolidated as well? If so will their new traits be random or will we get to select them? Will old BOFFs stay the same but new ones be consolidated? etc.
The current trait revamp is not changing Bridge Officer trait choices, though if a Bridge Officer has a trait that was improved (such as Limited Telepathy or Acute Senses), they will benefit from the improvement.
Lieutenant
# 19
04-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
The current trait revamp is not changing Bridge Officer trait choices, though if a Bridge Officer has a trait that was improved (such as Limited Telepathy or Acute Senses), they will benefit from the improvement.
In regards to BOffs and Traits, will the Exchange ever get updated to allow us to search for BOffs based on which traits they may/may not have, as well as skills?
Career Officer
# 20
04-15-2013, 03:10 PM
This looks great to me! I hope this system will be usable for boffs as well in the
future, that would be the icing on the cake!
------------------------------------------------
Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.