Lieutenant
# 31
04-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
Why weren't Accurate and Elusive removed then? They are "too essential" or have too large an impact compared to other traits.
Would rather see Accurate and/or Elusive rolled into the "Species trait" instead of being outright removed. The base accuracy of a player with no [Acc] weapons is appalling. Rolling Accurate trait into the Species trait (for all species), would certainly be a step in the right direction, and potentially allow players to use fewer [Acc] weapons as a result.
Career Officer
# 32
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
great job !!!!

Last edited by derrico1; 04-15-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Lieutenant
# 33
04-15-2013, 03:41 PM
I don't really like the class specific traits. Right now you have access to the same skills, boff abilities, ships and equipment(aside from kits) regardless of your class. The only thing that is different between classes is the captain abilities and kits. Kits only being relevant for ground and captain abilities have a long enough cooldown that they act more like added perks, not game changers. So the most meaningful contributor to your playstyle in space combat is the ship you fly. So if you get bored with one style of play, you can just dock and change ships. With class specific traits though, we're going to be pushed more towards specific roles. And leveling up a new character and grinding for equipment for other characters just to try out other classes represents too much of an investment in time and resources for the average casual player.
Career Officer
# 34
04-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Looks awsome!
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Captain
# 35
04-15-2013, 04:29 PM
@ Cryptic,

Will this lead to people paying for 'specialized' c-store traits?

Will this lead to the introduction of the $200 c-store packs, which you have introduced into "Neverwinter"?

How expensive will these changes make "Star Trek: Online"?

Have you decided to abandon the "Free to Play" model?

"Legacy of Romulus" is starting to feel a little too expensive. During my first year on "Star Trek: Online", I sporadically spent around $200. How much more will this cost me?

Last edited by linyive; 04-15-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 36
04-15-2013, 05:00 PM
This is by far the most impressive thing you've done since F2P started, even more so than a new faction. Thank you Cryptic I have tested this out on Tribble and my Lethean now has some decent traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milen93 View Post
Really liked the new Trait system on triblle, but i have 1 question.
I have normal Trill. If I buy Joined Trill from Z-Store, can I make my normal Trill - Joined?
I would like to know if we can get a re-racial trait. Most of my characters are Aliens or Joined Trill as they were the only real competitive species now with this update I want to be able to have some more diversity with my characters, maybe a Klingon, an Andorian etc.

However I have devoted a large amount of time and money into these characters and simply can't delete them. One has a D'Kora and the Ferengi wardrobe.

So my question is expanding from this new system will re-class (changing from tactical to science for example) and re-racial (from Alien to Orion for example) be the next step from this and be available in the near future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Republic Veteran
# 37
04-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
@ Cryptic,

Will this lead to people paying for 'specialized' c-store traits?

Will this lead to the introduction of the $200 c-store packs, which you have introduced into "Neverwinter"?

How expensive will these changes make "Star Trek: Online"?

Have you decided to abandon the "Free to Play" model?

"Legacy of Romulus" is starting to feel a little too expensive. During my first year on "Star Trek: Online", I sporadically spent around $200. How much more will this cost me?
It's a Free, everything is free...whatever you need to play is free, anything you want and don't need cost money...where the heck did you get they are abandoning their free 2 play.

Ensign
# 38
04-15-2013, 06:12 PM
So far looks good!
I'd also like to be able to change my alien toon over to a liberated Borg as I only chose alien for the better trait options. Maybe make it a free one time use on each pre-existing character login thing?
~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
Career Officer
# 39
04-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
You may find that the next Tribble patch contains a change to roll Efficient into the Borg racial trait and add Elusive to the Borg optional traits. I'm not a big fan of how necessary Accurate and Elusive both are, but I recognize that they are viewed as such and therefore did try to give them to as many species as I could that didn't have them.
Be nice if Liberated Borg got Superior versions of Efficient and Neural Blast.

Honestly, was expecting this to be part of the Trait system, where you could upgrade your traits from lower quality to superior quality.

Also, would've been nice if there was a greater variety to traits, new ones. Like a martial arts ability (Kirk Flip?) or a weapon mastery trait that allows you to have a higher firing rate. You know, something fun.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Career Officer
# 40
04-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Any active species-specific traits that you feel are "meh", please post in the Tribble feedback thread for the Trait revamp. My goal is to leave no traits feeling "meh", so that you can always take the ones you think are cool.
Quote:
You may find that the next Tribble patch contains a change to roll Efficient into the Borg racial trait and add Elusive to the Borg optional traits. I'm not a big fan of how necessary Accurate and Elusive both are, but I recognize that they are viewed as such and therefore did try to give them to as many species as I could that didn't have them.
I think your changes overall are positive.

Im also happy that you are opening elusive to Liberated borg and that more choice is good for everyone.

My concern is that the benefits of being alien in the new system are severely diminished.

Standard races now get nearly all of the advantages of an alien, with much wider access,as well as getting a single megatrait that is easily worth several lesser traits on its own.

Some possible compromises:

1) Aliens can select 1 trait from the standard race pool (i.e. the new mega traits)

or

2) Aliens recieve 1 bonus trait selection.