Commander
# 51
04-16-2013, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
and now i find that that trait is bared on that species, or theres some kind of bug. the traits are terribly buggy on tribble right now. if it is intentional that lib borg cant get the elusive trait, thats UNACCEPTABLE. this is a somewhat premium species, your not making it desirable if you bar the best trait there is from it. i wish you would have told me back at season 7 that you were going to screw over that character so i would not have wasted so much time and money on it, at this rate it will forever be mediocre
See this is why I didn't roll a Klingon for any of my KDF toons. I have to completely agree that opening up those two traits for all races is a complete must. To be honest, I have no idea why those traits arent open to all races. Humans might be the only race with a legitimate reason for not getting elusive since leadership has a nice counter bonus.
Captain
# 52
04-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Question:

will the traits be split in space and ground?
i mean, will we be forced into selecting, say 5 space and 4 ground traits?

The Skilltree is split into space and ground sections
There are 5 DOff Active Roster Slots for ground and 5 for space.

If traits are not split into space and ground, we will have the space pvp junkies selecting 9 space traits.

Nobody complained so far that we did not get 10 Space DOff Active Roster slots but 5.
In fact everybody seems to do his best to get the best DOffs for ground and for space instead of just concentrating onto space.

That is just how the game is. So i would not see anybody complaining about having to use some Ground Traits.

IMHO splitting the traits and forcing the space only junkies down into a competitive format for players who like both would be kind of important here.

Also i would just remove Elusive and Accurate, if everybody has them, they counteract each other and nothing is gained by anyone, you only loose out if you don't choose them.
Very bad idea. I am happy with 2 ground and 7 space traits. No need to force people to choose both.

Also, did it ever occur to you that in PVE, elusive and accurate can be effective and it is really a gain outside pvp?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Community Moderator
# 53
04-16-2013, 08:19 AM
I like what I'm seeing in the new trait system so far (though haven't gotten onto Tribble yet to see first hand).

I do have a concern, though. It seems the new traits will expand the number of clickable powers, which I would ordinarily consider a good thing. However, I play on a laptop and the screen real-estate is getting pretty tight. At this rate people are going to have to break down and learn keybinds.

(I freely admit I'm lazy...)

The optional second power tray is helpful, but it's fixed in size and you can't change the orientation. I liked the feature in later versions of CoH where you could change the shape of the extra power trays to make them fit better where you wanted them.

I know a change is coming that will reduce the overall size of the power trays, but we're still going to have issues with click traits that get hidden because there's no room to put them on a visible tray.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 54
04-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I like what I'm seeing in the new trait system so far (though haven't gotten onto Tribble yet to see first hand).

I do have a concern, though. It seems the new traits will expand the number of clickable powers, which I would ordinarily consider a good thing. However, I play on a laptop and the screen real-estate is getting pretty tight. At this rate people are going to have to break down and learn keybinds.

(I freely admit I'm lazy...)

The optional second power tray is helpful, but it's fixed in size and you can't change the orientation. I liked the feature in later versions of CoH where you could change the shape of the extra power trays to make them fit better where you wanted them.

I know a change is coming that will reduce the overall size of the power trays, but we're still going to have issues with click traits that get hidden because there's no room to put them on a visible tray.
Agreed. A third ground power tray may be needed. Even on holodeck I have to put less useful abilities like mind meld or nerve pinch on a hidden bar, because health hypos and nanite ressurection cloud is just better.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 55
04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
The last thing this game needs is more clickable powers, but since the designers seem to hate auras, I'm not sure where else we go.

I'm actually dreading the inevitable level cap raise to 60 in a "season" or two because odds are pretty good it will lead to needing a fourth tray in space play... which is really moving into ridiculous territory.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 04-16-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Lieutenant
We get pacification with certain Betazoid bridge officers but its never been in the trait list for playable captains. As long as the trait system is getting an overhaul perhaps its time to correct this oversight. It would give people more of a reason to play Betazoids and if you haven't noticed there's not a lot of them running around ESD.
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
04-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Does this mean gold players will get respecs for dilithuim instead of zen??
Ensign
# 58
04-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
@ Cryptic,

How expensive will these changes make "Star Trek: Online"?

Have you decided to abandon the "Free to Play" model?
If they abandon Free to Play, I would be kicked out of Star Trek Online beacuse I have not became a gold member, It would not be a good idea. I prefer if I have access to play on there server than to be thrown out the door.

"I'll never look back, I've got no regrets 'Cause time doesn't wait for me, I choose to go my own way."
Rihannsu
# 59
04-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inputend21 View Post
Does this mean gold players will get respecs for dilithuim instead of zen??
The way I read the Blog, there will be respecs in the C-Store, purchaseable via Zen, available to anyone. Gold players will also have an opportunity to purchase them in the Dilithium Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdjudicatorHawk's Blog
...Additional trait respecs will be available in the C- Store, and Gold players will be able to purchase both trait and reputation respecs in the Dilithium Store at a discounted rate.
I'm not sure what the part about "at a discounted rate" means. I conjecture that it means anyone can buy from the Dil Store (too), but Golds get them cheaper in the Dil Store, or only Golds can purchase in the Dil Store, and the price will be cheaper in the Dil Store than the equivalent value of Zen in the C-Store.

Example: If Respecs cost 500 Zen in the C-Store, that's worth (an ever-changing, but approximate) 50k Dilithium. Silvers would pay 50k in the Dil Store (if they get access to Respecs this way, at all), but Golds may only have to play 30k Dil. Or something like that, anyway...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 60
04-18-2013, 12:42 AM
I would like further clarification on what's happening with the boff traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
The current trait revamp is not changing Bridge Officer trait choices, though if a Bridge Officer has a trait that was improved (such as Limited Telepathy or Acute Senses), they will benefit from the improvement.
1. Will boffs keep their current species traits or will they get the new species traits that the captains are getting? If boffs keep their current species traits, then this dual system will be confusing to new players. If boffs get the new species traits, then some boffs may wind up with only 2 or 3 traits. Will they get additional traits to maintain their number of traits at 4?

2. Creative, basic creative, and superior creative no longer seem useful for tac boffs, because they have limited healing abilities. Will tac boffs get a different trait instead?