Lt. Commander
I have some feedback regarding the Vesta class I just bought, and the textures/color options available for ships.

First..I would like to say that I want to see ships with less of an orange/white bussard collector glow and more of a serious red as an option like seen in the shows. This Vesta class has a very light colored bussard collector which looks lame. However the blue glowy parts look perfect, I would suggest re coloring that texture with a red and adding that as a 2nd Vesta skin option. I would also like to see nacelle glowy bits be seperately customizable from the actual skins.

look at the color of the bussard collectors here:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._in_flight.jpg

very much a red color, compared to the orange we have in game.

Second, I found the Vesta is missing some important details that shouldn't be too hard to rectify, seeing as the ship doesn't need to be remodeled..just touched up if the devs have the time.

These images show the problems I found:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps3c566b93.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps0ef63d6d.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps345b180c.jpg

The Vesta is also not supposed to have the ship name on the nacelles, but some tech texture there instead to keep it from looking so plain. There are also supposed to be two nav lights on the top middle edge of the saucer, one green and one red...those can be seen here:

http://trekazoid.files.wordpress.com.../aventine1.png

The back facing side of the impulse engines on the saucer are supposed to be black not grey, in fact the whole impulse engine housing should be black colored, and the second impulse engines in the back should be black, and turned off...these would only be activated during saucer seperation or if the main impulse engines failed or were offline.

Out of all these issues, i'd say the missing observation windows, missing bussard collector caps and the fact that the buzzard collectors are orange and not red are the biggest issue with the ship.

Please ship artists, if you have the time try and maximize this ships visual potential.

Edit: after looking at the ship again in game, I noticed alot of raised little straight lines on the top rim of the saucer, if you look at the images these lines should be black, the devs took the time to put the lines there but you can't really notice unless the devs go in and allow these to be tied to the ship skin coloring.

Last edited by morkargh117; 04-15-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
04-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Just FYI, it's Bussard collector, not Buzzard collector. Unless your ship runs on ground up turkey vultures, a Buzzard collector wouldn't do you much good. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
Just FYI, it's Bussard collector, not Buzzard collector. Unless your ship runs on ground up turkey vultures, a Buzzard collector wouldn't do you much good. :p
oops, ill have to go fix that right away lol.
Captain
# 4
04-16-2013, 02:26 AM
This thread title conjured up the image of the Vesta sucking in buzzards like a jet engine.
Captain
# 5
04-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
This thread title conjured up the image of the Vesta sucking in buzzards like a jet engine.
It's even funnier for people who've played SW: KOTOR... if I recall, the Sith fighters from there are called Buzzard fighters. Very funny picture indeed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 6
04-16-2013, 09:20 AM
In reference to the red bussard collector; since the better of the available equipment (MACO set for example) change the hull texture, impulse engine colour and nacelle colour anyway, this is something of a non-issue.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 7
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Turn down bloom strength in your video options, if it's set to 100% it makes glare and lighting effects way too bright. The ramscoops will look a bit better if you reduce bloom.
As for minor imperfections in the ship design, I'm afraid you'll have to wait in line, that ship is just one of many that have details that aren't quite right.
I suppose we should be thankful that we are even getting these ships, Perpetuals designs for the game didn't look anything like ships that belong in Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
In reference to the red bussard collector; since the better of the available equipment (MACO set for example) change the hull texture, impulse engine colour and nacelle colour anyway, this is something of a non-issue.
Yeah but then it doesn't look like a classic Vesta as it was intended to look, it has the weird MACO textures and colors. I always disable the set visuals on my ships, its not Trek to me. The only time I would ever enable those visuals is if I was flying a Romulan ship and wanted to make it look like it was Borg modified, since only the Romulans have been known to do that I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Turn down bloom strength in your video options, if it's set to 100% it makes glare and lighting effects way too bright. The ramscoops will look a bit better if you reduce bloom.
As for minor imperfections in the ship design, I'm afraid you'll have to wait in line, that ship is just one of many that have details that aren't quite right.
I suppose we should be thankful that we are even getting these ships, Perpetuals designs for the game didn't look anything like ships that belong in Star Trek.
I would have posted this in the other sticked compilation thread but everything seems to get lopped in there and forgotten about. Capnlogan fixed the Luna, Galaxy, and Sovereign due to player demand...enough players asked for it. If enough people supported these changes the devs would listen but it seems players have all kind of split up on the matter since then. Seeing as how the Vesta is a class you have to purchase with real money, I think it should get priority for looking the best.

And I agree I think only one of the Perpetual designs looked decent enough for Star Trek.
Captain
# 10
04-16-2013, 06:57 PM
I don't know if Capnlogan still works for Cryptic. There are a lot of C-Store ships that need to be looked at, the Vesta isn't the only one and it seems like a long time since a dev has responded to issues brought up in this section. Add that they are neck deep in working on the next expansion so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.