Captain
# 31
04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
I really don't understand how people can say that ground takes a long time. Every time I run the Khitomer Ground Elite, I'm done either before the optional is over or very close to it. So that's less than 15 minutes a run.

The other two take longer, but if you're going for speed, you do Khitomer ground.

Yeah, I saw several general STO threads in that section, but nothing that tells me "Hey, here's info from the interview!"

Which mission is that?
Agreed with the KAGE thing. It's the best source of dilithium, if you're only looking at STFs.

Precisely what I mean. I found some of the things when I searched for "STOked" - found the official thread.

I would presume it is one of the missions coming in LoR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
Some would see the difficulty of the ground STFs as good...others as extreme.

I haven't been able to get the ground accolades for Khitomer or Infected yet. I know Khitomer is doable.

Infected though? I have very little confidence as I don't know anyone who runs ground enough.

The issue with that mission from an in story is that it requires a level of planning to succeed that you wouldn't expect in a fire team going in blind. In a PUG with people rushing through it's just impossible to get the save (the crew be assimilated). I find it a little weird that in order to be successful in that mission even on normal difficulty, you have to plan in advance and basically know the course inside and out and have perfect timing to have a chance- at the optional. It's quite beatable, but the optional in that particular STF stands head and shoulders above every other one. I'll play Ground STFs just for the accolades and the accomplishment, so I kind of want to beat it as it is right now, but it feels a little off.

Maybe I just need to run it with a great ground team to Demystify it, I don't know.
I regularly get the optional in any STF when running with a team from EliteSTF. Unfortunately, it's been a private channel for some time now - shortly after I got into it. Lucky me.

Then again, I never see anybody hosting Into the Hive or Hive Onslaught. Don't think I ever did those outside of S7 testing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Personally I think it's a hugely wasted opportunity only having "red vs blue" as Dan referred to it. One of the first things I thought of when it was released that we were getting the romulan faction was FINALLY some pvpvp...there's a war on and now it'll finally feel like it.

Not going to rehash the entire thing about Romulan Fleetbases....instead I have a perfectly reasonable middle ground proposal.

Instead of adding Romulan bases that would have to be started from cratch, why not simply add a romulan starbase as a costume option. Any of the Cosmetic limited time special projects could be credited with a free "upgrade token" usable towards limited time projects for the romulan costume variant base.
Rihannsu
# 33
04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
I managed to get the IGE accolade once, and while IGE isn't my favorite (due to lag and the plasma of death) I don't shy away from it that much.

But yes, that rest of that team was amazing. As far as I can tell, to get optional on IGE, you need a team that knows the trigger lines (points where if you go past them, the assimilation count downs start), can clear rooms fast from a distance and from close up, and know when to just charge. If I remember right, we got that optional at the last second, and like I said, this was a pro team, besides me, and we had to do a few do or die charges. And I've been on pro teams before and after that, who missed it by that one second, so some luck on the damage RNG helps as well.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Empire Veteran
# 34
04-16-2013, 11:35 AM
lolground.

If the ineptitude of a bad group is annoying in space; it is 10x worse in ground STFs.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 35
04-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
No it was a Vulcan. They only showed one Romulan on Vulcan. As per canon, no human ever laid eyes on a Romulan in Enterprise.
Actually, the Vulcan Archer defeated was the same Romulan we saw at the end. He was a Tal Shiar agent named Talok.

Quote:
Which mission is that?
It's from the Path to 2409. Can't remember which chapter.

It said the Soong Foundation was trying to free Moriarty from his little Cube, but Starfleet was fighting it.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 36
04-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
It's from the Path to 2409. Can't remember which chapter.

It said the Soong Foundation was trying to free Moriarty from his little Cube, but Starfleet was fighting it.
The path to 2409 mentions that the Soong Foundation is trying to free him. Nowhere does anything say Moriarty has a mobile emitter and is wandering around free.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ding=h.2xcytpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Path to 2409 (2393)
The legal fight for civil rights for artificial lifeform hits a snag over the hologram known as "Moriarty." Alerted to its existence in a Starfleet computer, the Soong Foundation sues to have the program released into its custody. Attorneys for Starfleet argue that Moriarty and his companion are a security risk, and that the program's attempt to take over the U.S.S. Enterprise-D in 2369 allows Starfleet to keep it in indefinite custody to protect the public. "That's just imprisonment without a trial," argues Alyssa Cogley-Shaw, lead attorney for the Soong Foundation. "Since when did Starfleet turn into the Obsidian Order?"
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
The path to 2409 mentions that the Soong Foundation is trying to free him. Nowhere does anything say Moriarty has a mobile emitter and is wandering around free.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ding=h.2xcytpi
Indeed, though one of the 2406 entries implies mobile emitters are well on their way to be replicated for civilian use, and already has been replicated for Starfleet use. I have an hard time seeing Moriarty being happy to serve in Starfleet, of course, and the court case has, as you, not been mentioned since.

Last edited by lordinsane; 04-16-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 38
04-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
PS. Kirk v. Archer

Name one fist-fight that Archer won. Name one that Kirk lost.
Benjamin Sisko punched Q in the face, and Q NEVER CAME BACK.
Captain
# 39
04-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Because he decided to flirt with Janeway instead
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Captain
# 40
04-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Because he decided to flirt with Janeway instead
One could argue that's clear evidence of Sisko-inflicted brain damage.