Commander
# 31
04-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Simple request. Can something please be added in during the character creation where the new captain can select the starting ship!? I don't know how it'll work on the Klingon and Romulan side but the feds have the:

Miranda
Centaur
Shi'Kar
NX Replica
TOS Connie
Oberth

Would be great if we could start our new captains out on the ship you want to (assuming you own the rights fly that ship)
Captain
# 32
04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
You may have missed my post on the previous page: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...31&postcount=9

Google image search "Star Trek Movie Posters" -- you'll see the look we are going for

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No. I got that. (infact I actually quoted that post, and I even read the blog first and saw that little tidbit about the movie posters.) It still looks stupid.

I dont like characters floating in space with a glowy lightbeam behind them. It makes it look bad. However having the character (and their bridge officers... which dont need to be there either, to be honest) standing in spacedock with the ship out the window makes so much more sense... and doesnt look stupid.

So... you know. It looks stupid.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
04-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Will there be a option to save password instead of having to type it in each time on my personal pc?
Rhys Delta
Head of Technical Services
TaskForce Atlantis
www.taskforceatlantis.com
STO Forums Join Date: August 2009
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
04-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Is there a way to choose which BOs are shown at character selection? Some people might have certain BOs as their main crew for RP purposes, but have other BOs or a mix for actual gameplay pew pew purposes.
I imagine it'd be the 5 which are set as your current away team. That would be the most logical, anyway.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
04-16-2013, 04:51 PM
After waiting an hour to get in it said version mismatch! I just patched Tribble so why is it mismatched? When I tried to run STO again Gameclient.exe crashed! I am running Linux now. I will switch to windows and see if the problem exists with the Windows OS. Maybe Cryptic changed something again on us Linux players. Too bad Cryptic dosn't yet support Linux, fixing this would be much easier.
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
04-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
No. I got that. (infact I actually quoted that post, and I even read the blog first and saw that little tidbit about the movie posters.) It still looks stupid.

I dont like characters floating in space with a glowy lightbeam behind them. It makes it look bad. However having the character (and their bridge officers... which dont need to be there either, to be honest) standing in spacedock with the ship out the window makes so much more sense... and doesnt look stupid.

So... you know. It looks stupid.
In your opinion.

I agree the light is a bit iffy at the moment, but it's an early version and I don't think it'll look the same after release. Personally I think it looks a lot better on tribble than it does on holo. Stop preaching your opinion as fact!
Republic Veteran
# 37
04-16-2013, 05:20 PM
I didn't like the light at first, but now that I see where they are going with it...I do like it now.

especially since it will change according to faction.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Commander
# 38
04-16-2013, 05:54 PM
So the romulans are apparently getting liberated borg.

Will they also be getting joined trill?
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
04-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Having tested a little of the changes, I have to say I'm very impressed. This update is really shaping up to be a fantastic step forward for STO.
Empire Veteran
# 40
04-16-2013, 06:26 PM
I would love to see an option to re-class and re-species our existing characters now that there are way more options with the traits and character creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrenos View Post
I really don't think it's the "leveling 1 through 50" bit that puts alot of people off from rerolling new characters. It's the fact that you need to grind through 5 Tiers of Omega, 5 Tiers of New Romulus, and soon 5 Tiers of Nukara, to get fully bumped up in terms of passives, actives and available gear.

Reputation "grind" would be alot smoother for making new characters, if it were Account Based, instead of Character Based.
I agree, I used to have a large number of characters but deleted all but 8 due to the reputation grind. I now have 9 free character slots because of it. I am really finding it hard enough to push through two (1 KDF and 1 Fed). There needs to be a way to make them more friendly to people who run more than one or two characters even having them faction based would be better than the way it is now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"