Commander
# 51
04-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
I've actually flown a standard Neghvar; it was the free ship I picked up at level 40. My only real complaint was that it just needed a smidge more tac, which the UniEns can provide. The rest is just deciding if the hull/turn/inertia tradeoffs are to my liking (reply hazy, ask again later).

Gen
I'd still gow ithe K'Tinga, if you want something heavier than the K'Tinga, than Fleet Torkhat, if you want something heavier than that, than I'd get the Bortasqu'.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-16-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm very happy with the fleet Negh'var for my engineering captain. Before I bought it, I joined some STF's with Momaw to get an impression about it's performance. (Thanks for that)
Now I use it with a plasma build (Romulan weapon set, embassy consoles...) and it is a real blast to fly. Tanks like a champ and does acceptable damage.
Bortasq with it's craptastic handling is no alternative for my playstyle.
Captain
# 53
04-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
I've yet to meet a target, PVP or PVE (aside from a Tac Cube, Gate, etc) that could survive the full alpha of the Bort.
They don't need to survive the full alpha if you have trouble keeping 90% of the targets within your firing arcs with that 5.5 turn ship of yours.

The targets are simply out of the way because you can't easily bring your forward arc weapons to bear, or they just... move to the side.

And that teleport console?

Cooldown.

Again: All the firepower in the quadrant doesn't mean squat if you have a difficult time bringing targets to bear.

NEXT.
Commander
# 54
04-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
They don't need to survive the full alpha if you have trouble keeping 90% of the targets within your firing arcs with that 5.5 turn ship of yours.

The targets are simply out of the way because you can't easily bring your forward arc weapons to bear, or they just... move to the side.

And that teleport console?

Cooldown.

Again: All the firepower in the quadrant doesn't mean squat if you have a difficult time bringing targets to bear.

NEXT.
You're lucky if it's 10% of targets that can actually get out of the firing arc.

Snare, and Jump, both have seperate cool downs, BTW.
Commander
# 55
04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
You're lucky if it's 10% of targets that can actually get out of the firing arc.

Snare, and Jump, both have seperate cool downs, BTW.
...which torches two of your ten console slots. Opportunity cost is a harsh mistress.
Empire Veteran
# 56
04-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldicephoenix View Post
well considering the Fleet Vorcha is one lean mean machine and the fact that both FVorcha and Fl Neghs cost 4 modules each, I kinda doubt we'll see a lot of the latter. Personally since I have the Flt Vorcha and since I had to shell out 2k Zen for it I have decided against getting the Negh as well. If they cost only 1 FSM them maybe I would have..
Well, when you get to the point when the Negh is available you may reconsider getting one.
The Negh ship is more of a PvP ship. With the right tweaks it can become one very mean 'PvP' machine.