Ensign
# 11
04-12-2013, 03:37 PM
i have the heg'ta (lvl 40 bop) and i bought the Mirror Qin Raptor, but i use my bop more than the raptor, is more fragile, i know, but i just love how agile, and fast it is the bop
Lieutenant
# 12
04-13-2013, 02:29 AM
I'd say stick with the disruptors.
Captain
# 13
04-13-2013, 02:51 AM
There's really only one reason to use anything other than Disruptors or Antiprotons in PvP-that is, cost, because you can get Tet gear or Polaron cheaper than the others-of course, the reason being, they aren't nearly as effective.

I'm saying this with both a Tet-build Raptor on one toon, and Polaron build BoPs on two others that I regularly run in PvP.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Commander
# 14
04-13-2013, 08:13 AM
If you're worried about expense but want effect as well, go Plasma.

Experimenting with a full Rom Plasma build, I'm putting out more DPS than my full Mk 12 Fleet AP build.
Rihannsu
# 15
04-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah Disruptors are excellent, however if you can get your hands on polarized disruptors even better. Though I am not sure how hard they are to get these days, my old fleet had like sixty polarized disruptor boxes in the bank but only the leader had access and refused to share them.

If there are still any on the gtn then they may be fairly expensive, but you never know, ask around you may get lucky.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Captain
# 16
04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Yeah, in short tetryon sucks hard in PvP.

Disruptors, antiproton (if you can get your hands on it), or a mixed type like polarized disruptors will do you good.

P.S. Mimey your avatar pic looks scarily like my main character (except that he doesn't wear a suit).
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Commander
# 17
04-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Only time you can justify tetryon in PVP is if the ships beside you are either:

Torp Boats
Disruptor/AP/Phaser boats

Or:

Plasma Or Phased Polaron.

Energy/weapon types that can take advantage of someone else sacrificing their main combat ability, and carrying it for them. (Causing greater harm to the enemy ship being targeted by both)
Empire Veteran
# 18
04-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
P.S. Mimey your avatar pic looks scarily like my main character (except that he doesn't wear a suit).
Ah, hmm, not sure what to say to that. Great minds think alike and all that I s'pose.

Though I do like my yellow with black-pinstripe jacket there. Matches my Yellow Epohh Elder I walk around with.

Captain
# 19
04-17-2013, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosvzla28 View Post
hello all! im a newb to PVP, i play mostly on kerrat is a war zone not in the organized pvps!!!! for now i have a heg'ta with 3x disruptor DHC mk Xi [acc]x2 [crth] and 1 beam bank ?[acc]x2 [crth], changing these weapons for the equivalent in tetryon worth it?

sorry my bad english and thx in advance!
Nope. there's only a couple reasons to ever go Tetryon:

1. you're running what they call a "Drain build" in support of a teammate-the Tet shield-stripping (full spec flow consoles, etc.) for a torp boat or other, punchier design.

2. It's all you can get-I had this problem with my Engineer initially-by grinding in N'Vak as she levelled, I kept getting Tet drops and little else, but the tet drops were all higher level, so eventually she went to using Tet because "Free from a drop" is still cheaper than "Bought on the Exchange", and having a full set of MkXIIs' with (Acc) and (CritH) procs is more helpful than MkX disruptor (white) with one or two green consoles.

Esp. if the tets are DHC's and turrets, backed by Quantums with THY or Torp spread going forward and Mine-Launchers with DPB going aft.

But it's not an optimal solution if you're PuGging PvP in Arenas and C&H or running Ker'rat on a regular basis against rep-heavy Fed builds.

Now, using "Free from a drop" as your justification, there ARE things you can do to be useful to your team while running a Tet boat.

Spec full into Flow capacitors, for starters-this helps it drain those shields faster. If you have bought the console (Ship) for it, the Plas leech is a VERY nice complement and helps you strip them shields FASTER.

If you run the Breen/Defera missions, pick up the Transphasic torps and the 3P Breen set-this helps enhance your effectiveness with this energy type, and gives you a teensy bit of actual punch (not much, transphasics aren't great for anything but hitting hull THROUGH shields, but they seem to work pretty well IMHO when kitted to a Tet build as I've described...)

But realize that you're running an energy type that is out-performed by most other energy types, you are never going to be as effective a killer in PvP using Tetryon as you would be using Disruptors, Polarons, Antiproton, or even Phasers.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Last edited by patrickngo; 04-17-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Rihannsu
# 20
04-17-2013, 02:07 AM
I prefer polaron to anything but tetyron is good if one bug user is running it and one is running a standard bug build.
-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader