Ensign
# 21
04-16-2013, 08:13 PM
I am new to the game but played at launch.
If I change to a gold account will I get the rank rewards retroactively?

For instance I am only a LT CMDR but will I get the extra bridge officer from that rank even though I have passed it?
Captain
# 22
04-17-2013, 01:56 AM
No, the only way to really get the rewards from being a subber is to either wait the time or buy the LTS, other wise you don't get anything. As for getting a reward from a lower rank by switching to gold, i don't really think that's how that works. If it's rank based than you get it with rank, if it's time based you get it with time, if it's a time based reward that applies to a specific rank than you should still have to be gold for that amount of time to collect, even if that rank has been passed already.

Needless to say Cryptic just wants your money, so if you don't pay to play no shiny for you.
Captain
# 23
04-17-2013, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raithgrim View Post
I am new to the game but played at launch.
If I change to a gold account will I get the rank rewards retroactively?

For instance I am only a LT CMDR but will I get the extra bridge officer from that rank even though I have passed it?
You will gain the extra boff, inventory/bank, and account bank slots retroactively. You will NOT, however, retroactively get the respec tokens for any promotions claimed. Never claim promotions unless you are a Gold member. Period.
Lieutenant
# 24
04-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Iv'e been playing STO since just after launch and had paid A LOT for the game-lifetime sub, c-store etc. There was a scandel going around, just after launch of free-to-play that many veteran player accounts had been hacked and whole accounts were deleted, I was one of them. Unfortunatly I had lot all the items I had bought, all the special items that I had got from special events that were no replayable and all my lifetime perks. I basically had to start a new account and character and start again. Is subcribing worth it? Not anymore to me
Lieutenant
# 25
04-19-2013, 10:13 PM
I've been looking into playing this game. How is it now that it's gone f2p and after a few expansions?
Rihannsu
# 26
04-21-2013, 11:57 AM
As someone that intends to start playing a romulan as a first character. Is there any point for me to start playing now? Could I bulk up on resources that I can transfer to my romulan character? Or will I still be stuck with only one characters slot, and might as well wait?
Career Officer
# 27
04-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Even if you dont want any toons but Romulans it is still worth making a character now. You can use it to start earning dilithium which you can sell for Zen to be able to start getting rewards for your new toon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
You will gain the extra boff, inventory/bank, and account bank slots retroactively. You will NOT, however, retroactively get the respec tokens for any promotions claimed. Never claim promotions unless you are a Gold member. Period.
Do you maintain the extra slots when you unsub?
Ensign
# 29 Monthly stipend of Zen
04-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't been getting it but I can, for the life of me figure out who to contact so I can resolve the situation. I subscribed on 2/15 for 6 months and have yet to get April's.

Any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstryver View Post
I am myself returning to the game after a long absence from it. This thread was just the info I was looking for. I think I will re-up for a month and then just get ZEN for everything else. For a while I may even spend more per month but as long as the game play is fun I am cool with that.

Plus I'm starting back over to relearn how to play.
This.
I've been playing for a few months and this is also my strategy. About a month after Rom is released I'll:

1. Resub
2. Delete/ create a few new alts.
3. Slowly level (refuse promotions) account will become Silver again
4. When the new alts reach 50 I resub and take my promotions.

Everything else I want in the game I'll buy ZEN. If they offer a lifetime discount before Rom is released I'll consider it