Rihannsu
# 51
04-15-2013, 02:17 PM
if you don't want to snail mail it, buy a zen card, then send your friend the code under the scratch-it on the back.
Ensign
# 52 Where can I get these cards?
04-16-2013, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
You cannot buy Zen for someone. The best you could do is buy a Zen card for someone and send that to them.

As far as posting your own thread, the game requires you to buy Zen or to have played a certain amount of time before you can make your own threads in most sections of the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
if you don't want to snail mail it, buy a zen card, then send your friend the code under the scratch-it on the back.

Thanks for the replies I've spent over $600 on Zen with this account and have charged Zen to my STO account too so don't understand why I still can't make my own threads?

Regardless of that where do I obtain a Zen card? I've checked my local Game and Grainger Games stores none of which stock them. Neither do PC World/Currys or TESCO/Morrisons. Searching Amazon only brings up 60 day time cards (???) but no actual Zen cards.

Thanks,
DS
Captain
# 53
04-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksacred View Post
Thanks for the replies I've spent over $600 on Zen with this account and have charged Zen to my STO account too so don't understand why I still can't make my own threads?
I am guessing it's because you just created the STO account this month. Have you bought Zen since you created your STO forum account?

Quote:
Regardless of that where do I obtain a Zen card? I've checked my local Game and Grainger Games stores none of which stock them. Neither do PC World/Currys or TESCO/Morrisons. Searching Amazon only brings up 60 day time cards (???) but no actual Zen cards.
I have them in Walmart, Target, and Casey's General Store in my area.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Ensign
# 54
04-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
I am guessing it's because you just created the STO account this month. Have you bought Zen since you created your STO forum account?

I have them in Walmart, Target, and Casey's General Store in my area.

Yeah I've credited ?10 to my STO account but still says I can only post replies and not threads.

Ah unless I travelled 3,500 miles to the US East Coast I'm stuck with the stores we have in the UK (Game, Amazon, Grainger Games, PC World/Currys, supermarkets etc)

So with the exception of these cards which they only sell in America is their no other way to gift a friend Zen as a surprise birthday present etc?

p.s. the euro sign doesn't work on these forums :s
Captain
# 55
04-17-2013, 10:03 AM
I just did a quick check on Google. PC Game Supply, Here sells the cards world-wide: they apparently send you the digital code via email. There are probably other European online game sites which do likewise.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Ensign
# 56
04-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
I just did a quick check on Google. PC Game Supply, Here sells the cards world-wide: they apparently send you the digital code via email. There are probably other European online game sites which do likewise.
Just tried this and sent the code to my friend for their birthday fingers crossed have to pay a small charge for them to scratch the card off ontop of the base charge but much quicker and easier than waiting for them to post a card out. Fingers crossed it will work!
Captain
# 57
04-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksacred View Post
Just tried this and sent the code to my friend for their birthday fingers crossed have to pay a small charge for them to scratch the card off ontop of the base charge but much quicker and easier than waiting for them to post a card out. Fingers crossed it will work!
Good luck! I hope it works for you!
Survivor of Romulus
# 58
04-18-2013, 03:05 PM
as far as the not being able to make new threads thingie. My PWE account is over 2 years old and has always been in good standing and i have characters on 5 different games yet still no posting(in that context) for those requisite forums. Im curious once you make a new character on a game that you just installed before you can send zen to it?
Captain
# 59
04-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrala69 View Post
as far as the not being able to make new threads thingie. My PWE account is over 2 years old and has always been in good standing and i have characters on 5 different games yet still no posting(in that context) for those requisite forums. Im curious once you make a new character on a game that you just installed before you can send zen to it?
You just joined this forum this month. See where it says Join Date:Apr 2013? You're not going to be able to make threads of your own until you have posted in some other threads and the freeze-out time period has passed. It's a spam-bot protection built into the forum - to keep spam-bots from flooding us with threads.
Lieutenant
# 60
05-22-2013, 07:34 PM
i nee help, I tried with my CC, and kept failing, that I need to do "browser settings", but where do I look up?
it wont let me buy zen tokens.

last time I bought few zens were last dec 2012.
I assume it were very simple 1-2-3 steps format.
Closed Thread