Captain
# 111
04-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Enough With The Grinds Cryptic
Starfleet Veteran
With the sale on Zen and lock box keys this past weekend, I was almost tempted to buy some more keys and build up the remaining lobi crystals I need to upgrade a dominion space set to Mk XII. Almost.

Then I read the blog about how they were going to make the tholian ground set upgrade I previously paid for a free part of the Tholian reputation system. Nothing special about the set I paid for. No distinct skin or ability, its just going to be freely available. Then I thought about that space set I was just about to spend money on.

Naw, I'll wait.
Commander
# 113
04-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah pretty much. Makes me real glad I decided long ago not to spend any more money on this game until such time as things are done that I agree with and don't make me think "Wow, I'm glad I didn't spend money on THAT".

New Romulus was a step in the right direction but season 8, specificially this Tholian reputation system, is 2 steps back.
Lieutenant
# 114
04-15-2013, 10:57 AM
What I don't get is why I can only trade in my un-upgraded ground set for marks and nothing else.

I don't want to give up my cool stuff like that!
Captain
# 115
04-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Aye, thanks for the warning Cryptic. The sales have come and gone while my game has down due to broken patch downloads for the last 2 weeks.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 116
04-15-2013, 11:05 AM
this is one reason why im not paying 400m for a jh attack ship to get the hangers for my dreadnought..

i figure as soon as i do, they will announce they are adding the attack fighters for everyone..
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 117
04-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordthrud View Post
Does this mean I will not be able to use this gear which I earned and paid for until its registered via the reputation system.

As it is XII and presumably tier 3/4/5 to get in the system will I have to grind through the system for a time until I can get to do the projects to register it?
Here's how this works. At Tier 0 (as soon as you're level 50) you are able to register your Mk XII tholian sets earned on Nukara. This requires one piece of the set. After a couple of seconds you get the piece back and 50 Nukara Marks. If you choose not to register the item and claim your marks, that's up to you. You will be able to use your tholian set regardless if it's registered or not.

Regards.
Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
Empire Veteran
# 118
04-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorngonzolla View Post
Here's how this works. At Tier 0 (as soon as you're level 50) you are able to register your Mk XII tholian sets earned on Nukara. This requires one piece of the set. After a couple of seconds you get the piece back and 50 Nukara Marks. If you choose not to register the item and claim your marks, that's up to you. You will be able to use your tholian set regardless if it's registered or not.

Regards.
What about the existing nukara free set with infinite level? Will we be able to use it? And will the stats remain the same?
Career Officer
# 119
04-17-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm hoping that the missions will give decent rewards i.e. no repeat of the double capped Azure Nebula.

And that the gear is actually worth working towards (comparable to MACO/HG/Omega trinity) and have use outside the Nukara grind.

The passives looked interesting.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 120
04-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
What about the existing nukara free set with infinite level? Will we be able to use it? And will the stats remain the same?
Correct. We aren't removing or disabling any items you currently own. You can, if you so desire, turn in your old levelless Tholian ground set pieces once for 50 Nukara Marks each (for a total of 150 if you have the full set).

Regards,