Survivor of Romulus
# 11
04-17-2013, 11:45 AM
my mobius has the temporal warfare set, borg weapon set, and the 3 piece mk XI borg set. though if you got mk X, you should get the Mk XII or XI version at least. both do pretty well.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Ensign
# 12
04-17-2013, 12:31 PM
this brings up a question for me, im grinding omega rep right now and planning to get the maco set. my question is do set bonuses work across marks? ie, if i have XI deflector and impulse and XII shield will i still get the full 3 set bonus? I assume it would but don't know for sure
Career Officer
# 13
04-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecrhade86 View Post
this brings up a question for me, im grinding omega rep right now and planning to get the maco set. my question is do set bonuses work across marks? ie, if i have XI deflector and impulse and XII shield will i still get the full 3 set bonus? I assume it would but don't know for sure
No, unfortunately, it does not. Happened to me with the XI and XII Borg Set. You need all three appropriate levels for the set bonus and special power to work.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Ensign
# 14
04-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
No, unfortunately, it does not. Happened to me with the XI and XII Borg Set. You need all three appropriate levels for the set bonus and special power to work.
bugger..well thanks for response
Starfleet Veteran
# 15 mixed sets
04-20-2013, 06:00 PM
I use a Maco mark XII shield and Borg mark XII deflectors and engines. I ran with the mark XI Borg gear and the Maco Mark XII shields for a while and only upgraded for the tiny speed boost availble in the mark XII gear.

The partial Borg set gives me hull bonuses and the Maco shield is the toughest in the game. If you throw a few more sets on the Mobius, like using all the temporal gear and the Omega set (Borg console, mark xii plasma torpedo and cutting beam) the stacking bonus abilities turn the Mobius into a real predator.