Ensign
# 1 E-STF and ship minimums
04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Is there a guide or discussion somewhere on what the minimum bar for Elite STF is?
Captain
# 2
04-17-2013, 12:04 PM
VA level ship, knowledge of the mission and half a brain.

The VA level ship is kind of optional with the latter two though.
Ensign
# 3
04-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Can you make any broad suggestions on setup? Stack for resists, damage, etc.

I fly a Vesta - Multi Mission Surveillance setup for popping Gravity Wells' 'round every 30s
Career Officer
# 4
04-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Well...

The game will prevent you from entering in a shuttle... That's about it.

Don't expect praise for entering in a Miranda though.

In all seriousness, MK XI Rare weapons and consoles is probably the minimum viable setup...

VA Ship? Na... A RA ship will do nicely.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 5
04-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Must strengthen your Search-fu ...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=282071

That's a sticky in "The Academy" forum. It's a start.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lieutenant
# 6
04-17-2013, 12:59 PM
I've only recently started doing STFs, but here's what I've picked up so far:
1. Anti-protons seem to be the weapons of choice for the crit damage and since the borg appear to shrug off the procs of other weapons.
2. Resists to plasma damage in the shields, like the MACO shield, and perhaps armor. A BO with at least one copy of hazard emitters.
3. STO Academy has some walkthroughs on their site - http://www.stoacademy.com/walkthrough/stf/
Ensign
# 7
04-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Many thanks for your time and efforts.
Captain
# 8
04-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Tactical Astuteness helps, as well a a good team, but for ships, I'd say RA at least with Rare MK XI weapons is a minimum, also try and get the maco,omega and borg sets as well as quickly as possible.

Bridge layout, Hazard emitters is a must as well emergency power to shields. Engineering and Sci teams is also a must, for tac, AOE abilities help with tac teams are essential

Mirror NX, you know you want it
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
04-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugryn View Post
Is there a guide or discussion somewhere on what the minimum bar for Elite STF is?
As mentioned earlier, the most critical part is KNOWING WHAT TO DO.
Then, you have to adapt your actions to the situation.
No 2 STF's work out quite the same.
On some runs you'll have experienced death machines OWNING the Borg but on others you'll be the one carrying the team.
An STF Guide can be found here.

As for ships, the last "free" ships can be adequate (especially if you roll a KDF) but the Mirror ships can be had for cheap on the Exchange and are worth a test flight.
Rare (blue) Mk XI weapons/gear are sufficient but you don't want to be a scrooge over your deflector and shield so Very Rare (purple) Mk XII def/shield should be your first upgrade.

I use Mk XII positron deflector/covariant shield on my alts until I get around to unlocking KHG/Borg stuff.
Make sure one of the attributes are [PLA] on the shield.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5
Ensign
# 10
04-17-2013, 03:32 PM
I just wasn't certain if it was recommended a Fleet ship, seeing how they have a lot more hull than some of the others, if the C Store ships were secretly bad ships for the ESTF purpose or what.

I'm practicing during regular runs, get the understanding under my belt and my attack strategy. I only have trouble in one STF reliably and I think that's more a matter of tactical awareness than anything else.