Lt. Commander
# 11
04-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
I don't know if Capnlogan still works for Cryptic. There are a lot of C-Store ships that need to be looked at, the Vesta isn't the only one and it seems like a long time since a dev has responded to issues brought up in this section. Add that they are neck deep in working on the next expansion so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.
He doesn't, im pretty sure we have a new ship artist now. I agree that the Romulan stuff should get priority, get it right the first time...so far everything I have seen of the Romulan faction looks great, all of the ships have been remastered visually so they all look great now.
Captain
# 12
04-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkargh117 View Post
Yeah but then it doesn't look like a classic Vesta as it was intended to look, it has the weird MACO textures and colors. I always disable the set visuals on my ships, its not Trek to me. The only time I would ever enable those visuals is if I was flying a Romulan ship and wanted to make it look like it was Borg modified, since only the Romulans have been known to do that I believe.
I sometimes enable Borg shield visuals on my ships - makes me look assimilated. Not at all like the junk they fit on my deflector and engines.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Captain
# 13
04-17-2013, 02:57 PM
That's about the one thing I hate about the Borg set is all of the random plumbing sticking out of the ship, I could live with just eerie lighting effects, and a darkened hull with greenish glowing sections like the reman shield effect, but the way it now just makes the ship look terrible.
Borg have no sense of esthetics, I guess to them "perfection" must mean grotesque.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
That's about the one thing I hate about the Borg set is all of the random plumbing sticking out of the ship, I could live with just eerie lighting effects, and a darkened hull with greenish glowing sections like the reman shield effect, but the way it now just makes the ship look terrible.
Borg have no sense of esthetics, I guess to them "perfection" must mean grotesque.
The deflector reminded me of the Narada a bit, Borg tech has always looked a bit crude IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-30-2013, 07:20 PM
The Vesta looks even better with the HD textures on tribble, much sharper! it could look even better with these details fixed.

Please look into fixing these issues devs, when you have the time of course.
Ensign
# 16
05-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I'd like to add that on the Vesta skin the hull is way too long, almost like it was stretched. This makes the rear landing deck stick way too far out. I don't know if this was intentional, or an oversight but it departs significantly from Mark Redemakers design. Just take a look at the top-down view of the STO Vesta skin and compare it to the original.

I suppose the argument could be made that graphically you need the extra length so the pets have room on the deck in the half second it takes them to launch. But since that's not taken into consideration on any of the other carriers, I don't see why it would apply to the Vesta.

It would be great if and when the Vesta gets a pass you would consider addressing this. It just looks odd.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaudeville03 View Post
I'd like to add that on the Vesta skin the hull is way too long, almost like it was stretched. This makes the rear landing deck stick way too far out. I don't know if this was intentional, or an oversight but it departs significantly from Mark Redemakers design. Just take a look at the top-down view of the STO Vesta skin and compare it to the original.

I suppose the argument could be made that graphically you need the extra length so the pets have room on the deck in the half second it takes them to launch. But since that's not taken into consideration on any of the other carriers, I don't see why it would apply to the Vesta.

It would be great if and when the Vesta gets a pass you would consider addressing this. It just looks odd.
Your right the landing pad tail is a bit off, its probably just an oversight...like just about everything in the OP.
http://grimdarkfuture.com/images/IRF_SIGS/morgomir_Sig.png
Ensign
# 18
05-10-2013, 09:40 AM
The missing windows just under the bridge always annoyed me. It looks like there's a small wall for no reason there.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
05-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
In reference to the red bussard collector; since the better of the available equipment (MACO set for example) change the hull texture, impulse engine colour and nacelle colour anyway, this is something of a non-issue.
It's an issue if you don't want some weird looking neon striped green glowing thing but do want a ship that looks how it should in good old Starfleet colours.
Been on STO since Beta and a fully fledged veteran with the scars to prove it.