Captain
# 51
04-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
This sounds awful. I would not want a "Federation" UI on my Rom or KDF toon. Likewise, I might want one Fed toon to use "Federation" another to you "Voyager" or "TNG".

The UI setting must be adjusted/saved per character.

Also, please tell me we can resize windows and locate them (with "last location remembering") however we please. I hate windows that I can't control. Especially overly big/wasted space windows.
I'm not sure they can save it per character, but come on! FULLY GLOBAL?!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 52
04-17-2013, 02:17 PM
It looks very nice. I will play around with it. Specially when I make my Romulan. Hope they add a few new features like hair styles etc.
Career Officer
# 53
04-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymersto View Post
Oh goodie, we can change the color schemes to one of 9 pre-sets... HOW?
Quote:
When Legacy of Romulus launches on Holodeck, you can access the color scheme choice on the 'Basic' tab of the Options menu.
Read harder.
----
Ensign
# 54
04-17-2013, 02:36 PM
New interface schemes look like a huge improvement! I'm really digging the LCARS mimic.

However, the biggest issue with active-play UI is it not being in a good layout for "heads up". I find myself looking almost constantly at my power bar, watching for the next cool-down to finish up. While the better contrast will certainly help with identifying those powers faster, I almost want something completely new and off-the-wall.

As a UI designer/developer, I know the time and effort it can take to rebuild an entire interface. But consider something more "heads-uppy", such as icons arrangeable in an arc or circle around the center of the screen, mostly opaque, that "light up" when off cool-down.

I'm sure you can come up with great ideas on your own, there's obviously been a LOT of improvement in the game, especially recently. Even if you cannot get a completely new UI layout implemented before the "big release", I implore you to explore this avenue in the near future. An interface that allowed us to keep more eyes on the AMAZING world you've created while playing would definitely improve the overall experience!

(if you like, I would be more than happy to mock up some UI ideas)
Commander
# 55
04-17-2013, 02:50 PM
i have played this on tribble and it was awesome to finally get away from the pure blue color of the fed lighting with the TNG layout it is awesome =) i also like the fact that the UI changes to a pulsing red whenever combat starts it is soo cool =D my hats off to cryptic for A making the UI even better than before and B for making it have less of a footprint than before now i can crank up what settings i do have down for processing reasons =)
Career Officer
# 56
04-17-2013, 02:58 PM
No offense to Cat, but I still feel like all he did was reskin the UI in a psudo LCARs when he could've gone further and actually improved it.

Though it's in progress HERE is what I been working on in an attempt to improve the current UI.

(Still Work-In-Progress).

I found it that you guys could've made it truely more LCARs and merged the weapon window with the Shield / Hull UI. Because much of that was just redundant.

I changed the power window in part omage to the Excelsior Power Sceen and also improving it where the icons could become the lock buttons.

Above the Chat Bar is the BUFF / DEBUFF Icon location (so those with multiple buffs, no longer have to have it covering your UI Elements.

And the toolbar is more LCARish with newer buttons that change color depending on the Icon.

Black = Not Used
Outline = Device
Light Blue = Captain Powers
Gray = Universal Ship Consoles
Blue = Science
Dark Blue = Weapons Offline

And I plan on making a copy of this in Red Alert with the Red alert Icon at the top with flashes into the Red Alert like we had at the bottom of the viewscreens in Star Trek.

And I'm even in the concept phase of a Klingon UI thats actually different.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!

Last edited by azurianstar; 04-17-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
04-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Anyway we can get the sets of Vertical or Horzontal bars to lie both horizontally or vertically? ie in same direction for both set of bars? right now my hotbars are =||. I'd prefer if they were all facing the same way: ||||

Thanks!
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Commander
# 58
04-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Players: "We want more content! Please, give us more story!!"

Cryptic: "Thank you for your comments. We have taken your feedback into consideration and are proud to announce that we have updated the User Interface!"

Players: o_O

Beers,

Jengoz =/

"Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
Starfleet Veteran
# 59
04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post

Cryptic: "Thank you for your comments. We have taken your feedback into consideration and are proud to announce that we have updated the User Interface!"

Players: o_O

Beers,

Jengoz =/

"Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
You do realise that they are giving new Klingon content for levels 0-21 and Romulans 0-40 right? That enough content for ya?

P.S. your signature made me lol.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 60
04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Most of the story parts of this game are the complete opposite of content. Since this game doesn't really have text trees that branch out as you make decisions, defining all those walls of nothing as content is stretching reality awfully far, unless we've time warped back to the 1990's.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom