Career Officer
# 51 Dumb Question
04-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Ok I'm going to ask the stupid question....if one started out with just a regular human character, then went lifer(as in, after one had leveled a character all the to 50 and hacked through all the reputation grinds and then went lifer), does this revamp allow me to redo said character into a Liberated Borg?

Thank you.
Sound of Interstellar Space

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Last edited by thumpyecho; 04-17-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Career Officer
# 52
04-17-2013, 09:49 AM
I love the idea of the "movie poster" concept for character selection! Awesome work guys!

Suggestion: could the view of the ship be more from the front and below, like THIS. I think it would give it more of that "movie poster" feel. :-)

Also, I think it would be great if the star system background were dependent on the faction (Sol, Qo'nos, New Romulus) and changed with the character selected.

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Career Officer
# 53
04-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
I like the screenshot of it even better: the crew isn't just standing around you like they do on tribble, but doing stuff. I see they're all showing kit visuals. Was that just a mocked up image, or is that something you're sneaking into LOR?
It appears to just be a mock up using images they already have to illustrate the "movie poster" concept. But I would love to see BOFFs able to equip kits.

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Career Officer
# 54
04-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrenos View Post
Would certainly help, if you could fix the bug on Tribble where it shows your "small craft" on the Character Selection screen, rather than your "active ship".

Needless to say, it looks pretty ridiculous with a full away team, your Captain, and a dinky little shuttle hovering above their heads. Personally, i'd vote for always showing your active starship at Character Selection. I don't need to see my shuttle before starting my gaming session.
Yes, this. I don't want to see my Runabout. Even now, at the current character selection screen on Holodeck, it says my ship is my Runabout and not my Odyssey.

Career Officer
# 55
04-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarium1979 View Post
Simple request. Can something please be added in during the character creation where the new captain can select the starting ship!? I don't know how it'll work on the Klingon and Romulan side but the feds have the:

Miranda
Centaur
Shi'Kar
NX Replica
TOS Connie
Oberth

Would be great if we could start our new captains out on the ship you want to (assuming you own the rights fly that ship)
If nothing else, it would at least be nice to customize your beginning Light Cruiser BEFORE beginning the Tutorial.

Career Officer
# 56
04-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrenos View Post
I really don't think it's the "leveling 1 through 50" bit that puts alot of people off from rerolling new characters. It's the fact that you need to grind through 5 Tiers of Omega, 5 Tiers of New Romulus, and soon 5 Tiers of Nukara, to get fully bumped up in terms of passives, actives and available gear.

Reputation "grind" would be alot smoother for making new characters, if it were Account Based, instead of Character Based.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
I agree, I used to have a large number of characters but deleted all but 8 due to the reputation grind. I now have 9 free character slots because of it. I am really finding it hard enough to push through two (1 KDF and 1 Fed). There needs to be a way to make them more friendly to people who run more than one or two characters even having them faction based would be better than the way it is now.
The way it is now makes sense, in that, it's that particular Captain's Reputation that s/he's earned with that given group. But the thought of grinding through all of that, over and over again with each new character, is quite daunting and probably turns many off to creating multiple characters. I agree that it would be better to have the Reputation System unlock the options within the Faction, at least. That way, at most, you'd only have to grind the Reputation System three times.

Career Officer
# 57
04-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
So the romulans are apparently getting liberated borg.

Will they also be getting joined trill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Honestly, I never understood the Joined Trill on the KDF. So I am fine with the Romulans not getting it.

But the Liberated Borg is suppose to be a lifetime subscription bonus. It would be a shame if some lifers couldn't get a Lib Borg because they prefer the Romulans over Starfleet and the KDF.
It makes sense to give Romulans Liberated Borg, but not necessarily Joined Trill.

I'm guessing the reason for giving Joined Trill to KDF is because of the canon connection between Dax and the Klingons established in DS9.

Rihannsu
# 58
04-17-2013, 11:12 AM
are we going to get female letheans/Gorn yet?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 59
04-17-2013, 02:25 PM
I really love the new changes and the text is in pictures instead that makes it easier for me to find what im looking for much faster. I even liked the way my ship shows on the Character Selection Screen.

Not sure If I checked but it be nice to see the ship's gear that changes your apperance like the borg sets appear on the Character Selection.

"I'll never look back, I've got no regrets 'Cause time doesn't wait for me, I choose to go my own way."
Community Moderator
# 60
04-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
No more irresponsible than any web browser that saves website passwords. I'd like to have my password remembered, especially because I only play this on one computer.
No less irresponsible, either. I only use such features if they in turn are password-protected and encrypt the stored data with that passphrase. And mostly I don't even use them; I use Lastpass instead.

Only you play on that computer; but you won't be the only one who checks that option off. Others who do so won't be the only one using their computer, and when their roommate/sister/boyfriend/neighbor/fratmate uses their account, they'll be contributing to the length of the support queue.

Further, since that data will not be in any meaningful way protected, it will be accessible to malware. Gold sellers employ programmers to create malware. The support floods when they have a big strike make the above look like small beer.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google