Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 594
# 21
04-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
That was NOT funny.
yeah actually it was lol
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,138
# 22
04-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy83 View Post
Oh yeah, the lance is a disgrace to be honest. 3 minute long cooldown for a weapon that misses more than half the time and with meagre to okay damage.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 29392 (25412) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 28460 (27938) Phaser Damage to .
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 13052 (25803) Phaser Damage to .
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 40603 (43882) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 15107 (24340) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 35745 (39483) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 19537 (22937) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22435 (27634) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 10214 (22989) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 19381 (26471) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 24370 (24479) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 23902 (42374) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 23201 (23665) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 33312 (38724) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 13245 (23544) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 34670 (38904) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 44970 (38053) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22699 (38910) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22243 (46964) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 18099 (24419) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 29299 (26046) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 20178 (42340) Phaser Damage(Critical) to

(names removed to prevent humiliation)

Just a few from the other day in kerrat, don't forget each one of those is just one of the two lance hits, so you can practically double all of em. If the lance doesn't kill them the preloaded BO2 backed up wtih DEM + Marion finishes the job.

Meagre it is not. Does it need looking at? Yes because to get this ship to work as a decloaking alpha striker took a lot of work and requires extrodinary careful planning for each attack.

30% more damage, 60% more acc,90 sec CD, a real 45 deg arc, 4 tac consoles and a Lt Cmd Tac. Saucer sep would be fun for the PvE side.

Last edited by mattjohnsonva; 04-17-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 107
# 23
04-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 29392 (25412) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 28460 (27938) Phaser Damage to .
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 13052 (25803) Phaser Damage to .
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 40603 (43882) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 15107 (24340) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 35745 (39483) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 19537 (22937) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22435 (27634) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 10214 (22989) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 19381 (26471) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 24370 (24479) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 23902 (42374) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 23201 (23665) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 33312 (38724) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 13245 (23544) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 34670 (38904) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 44970 (38053) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22699 (38910) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22243 (46964) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 18099 (24419) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 29299 (26046) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 20178 (42340) Phaser Damage(Critical) to

(names removed to prevent humiliation)

Just a few from the other day in kerrat, don't forget each one of those is just one of the two lance hits, so you can practically double all of em. If the lance doesn't kill them the preloaded BO2 backed up wtih DEM + Marion finishes the job.

Meagre it is not. Does it need looking at? Yes because to get this ship to work as a decloaking alpha striker took a lot of work and requires extrodinary careful planning for each attack.

30% more damage, 60% more acc,90 sec CD, a real 45 deg arc, 4 tac consoles and a Lt Cmd Tac. Saucer sep would be fun for the PvE side.
And out of curiosity, was this ship piloted by a tactical officer class (I'm assuming so).. If so, Come back to me with stats for an Engy or Sci. APA is the only real reason for those stats and to be honest, not all of us are or want to be tacs in the Gal-X, nor should we have to to get some decent damage out of her lance.

Then you'll see EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

One Year and Three months waiting for Fleet Galaxy X - "Technical Difficulties" Since 8th Feb 12.
Landmark Technical Difficulties Dates: 13/01/12 - 8/11/12 - 14/11/12 - 14/12/12 - 26/04/13

Last edited by ozy83; 04-18-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 24
04-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 29392 (25412) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 28460 (27938) Phaser Damage to .
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 13052 (25803) Phaser Damage to .
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 40603 (43882) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 15107 (24340) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 35745 (39483) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 19537 (22937) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22435 (27634) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 10214 (22989) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 19381 (26471) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 24370 (24479) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 23902 (42374) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 23201 (23665) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 33312 (38724) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 13245 (23544) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 34670 (38904) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 44970 (38053) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22699 (38910) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22243 (46964) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 18099 (24419) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 29299 (26046) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 20178 (42340) Phaser Damage(Critical) to

(names removed to prevent humiliation)

Just a few from the other day in kerrat, don't forget each one of those is just one of the two lance hits, so you can practically double all of em. If the lance doesn't kill them the preloaded BO2 backed up wtih DEM + Marion finishes the job.

Meagre it is not. Does it need looking at? Yes because to get this ship to work as a decloaking alpha striker took a lot of work and requires extrodinary careful planning for each attack.

30% more damage, 60% more acc,90 sec CD, a real 45 deg arc, 4 tac consoles and a Lt Cmd Tac. Saucer sep would be fun for the PvE side.
How many misses were there tho ? Can't believe you always hit ...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,138
# 25
04-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy83 View Post
And out of curiosity, was this ship piloted by a tactical officer class (I'm assuming so).. If

so, Come back to me with stats for an Engy or Sci...

Then you'll see EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
Yes of course Tac, you think a Sci or Eng can deal that much damage? This goes for all ships in terms of damage, the Tac officer will always get more DPS from them, APA, TacFleet, GDF are not available to Engineers or Science careers.

STOWIKI has some useful information about the different classes in STO that may be able to explain this better than I

http://www.stowiki.org/Guide:_Basics
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,293
# 26
04-18-2013, 08:33 AM
With the changes going on on Tribble, a fleet galaxy X would be a waste of a purchase so I'd just hold off on pushing for it to exist until Engineering BOFF powers, and cruisers in general, get straightened out.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,138
# 27
04-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
How many misses were there tho ? Can't believe you always hit ...
This is a good question. No I don't always hit.

The list shown is part of a considerably longer list I keep to help me see any trends whilst tweaking the build. I only record hits from Alpha strikes that result in a kill. The largest I have seen was 94K X2, 188K to a Zilant ship in SBFD but I don't keep a log of hits against NPCs.

Providing the ship you are targeting is moving in a straight line or a gentle curve and is of sufficient size the lance never misses. So the easiest example would be a parked cruiser, the lance will never miss it. Next most difficult is a turning cruiser, then smaller ships such as Raptors. It then becomes progressively more difficult up to the hardest one shots which are bug ships wipping around the sky, the tractor can't hold them lined up well enough and because of the Lance's terrible accuracy it will often miss. I usually wait until said bug ship has stopped moving and is hammering his target, then they are fairly easy to get.

I fire off the graviton pulse at the same time as the tractor which makes it harder for players to avoid, but even then it still misses.

So yes it can and will miss, and the unprepared pilot is likely to miss most of the time, I miss maybe 2 shots every 10.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 844
# 28
04-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 29392 (25412) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 28460 (27938) Phaser Damage to .
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 13052 (25803) Phaser Damage to .
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 40603 (43882) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 15107 (24340) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 35745 (39483) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 19537 (22937) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22435 (27634) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 10214 (22989) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 19381 (26471) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 24370 (24479) Phaser Damage to.
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 23902 (42374) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 23201 (23665) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 33312 (38724) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 13245 (23544) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 34670 (38904) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 44970 (38053) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22699 (38910) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 22243 (46964) Phaser Damage(Critical) to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 18099 (24419) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 29299 (26046) Phaser Damage to
[Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 20178 (42340) Phaser Damage(Critical) to

(names removed to prevent humiliation)

Just a few from the other day in kerrat, don't forget each one of those is just one of the two lance hits, so you can practically double all of em. If the lance doesn't kill them the preloaded BO2 backed up wtih DEM + Marion finishes the job.

Meagre it is not. Does it need looking at? Yes because to get this ship to work as a decloaking alpha striker took a lot of work and requires extrodinary careful planning for each attack.

30% more damage, 60% more acc,90 sec CD, a real 45 deg arc, 4 tac consoles and a Lt Cmd Tac. Saucer sep would be fun for the PvE side.
don't be that harsh with him guys, he is an engi captain, so yes reaching these number with an engi captain is next to impossible.

and in my opinion, he is rather right no matter what the number you show us matt, let me explain:

you are a tact captain and have a hyper specialize build to make this lance effective, so the numbers are good and i can have the same when my lance didn't miss with my tact buff as well after decloaking.
so just looking at the number you said, wow this things work really good when you do it right! and yes, that true.
the problem is all the things and compromises you are force to do to " do it right"
and in that way, yes, i found the damage to be "meagre".

but don't get me wrong, i don't suggest to boost the lance firepower, i am for alleviating all this stupid mechanism that make it a not reliable weapons in the first place and force you to compensate.

because all galaxy x pilot are not tactical, because all galaxy x pilot don't have the intention to play in kerrat and nothings else, because this ship should not be blocked in ultra specialize pvp build to pretend to be effective.
i known some defiant pilot that do the same if not more damage with a simple BO3 fully buff ( and it didn't have a 3min cooldown on it)
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 29
04-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Take the G-X to queues and see your 8/10 ratio drop to like 2/10. Ambushing people is much easier in Ker'Rat.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,138
# 30
04-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo1nx View Post
don't be that harsh with him guys, he is an engi captain, so yes reaching these number with an engi captain is next to impossible.

and in my opinion, he is rather right no matter what the number you show us matt, let me explain:

you are a tact captain and have a hyper specialize build to make this lance effective, so the numbers are good and i can have the same when my lance didn't miss with my tact buff as well after decloaking.
so just looking at the number you said, wow this things work really good when you do it right! and yes, that true.
the problem is all the things and compromises you are force to do to " do it right"
and in that way, yes, i found the damage to be "meagre".

but don't get me wrong, i don't suggest to boost the lance firepower, i am for alleviating all this stupid mechanism that make it a not reliable weapons in the first place and force you to compensate.

because all galaxy x pilot are not tactical, because all galaxy x pilot don't have the intention to play in kerrat and nothings else, because this ship should not be blocked in ultra specialize pvp build to pretend to be effective.
i known some defiant pilot that do the same if not more damage with a simple BO3 fully buff ( and it didn't have a 3min cooldown on it)

Agreed on all points, it need fixing, big time. Yeah I thought about doing it with a Defiant but I love the Gal and wanted to see the old girl dealing some damage. You may notice a lot more Dreads in kerrat nowadays and I think the message is getting across that in this type of war zone it can be effective with the right build.

I have just about every other ship including two bugs on two different tacs and this is the one I enjoy the most.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.