Captain
# 11
04-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
But I wasn't made whole. They ruined my weapons then offered a refund.
LOL you just contradicted yourself in the same sentence. You just admitted being offered the refund, that is being made whole. You also got to rent the weapons for free basically since you get a full refund. You can't convince anyone you are still owed anything more then that refund.

You also fail to look at the big picture when considering why things are "nerfed", they don't do it just for lulz its maintaining game balance. All mk xi very rare dil store weapons are supposed to be same stats since they are same price, so its not fair to owners of the other weapons that paid same price as you. Also the stats the weapons had pre nerf made them almost like fleet weapons, again not fair to everyone who already grinded their starbases and the credits for those weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-17-2013, 10:37 PM
You mad bro? Things get changed, if we all got butt hurt about it we still wouldnt be playing this game.

Think about us galaxy x owners, who earned our gx's just for them to be sold in the c store because people bitched about it, fact of the matter is poop happens, deal with it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
04-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I also suffered the Galaxy X fiasco as well.

This is more of the same.

It's been added to my list.

Getting a cough drop in exchange for a Ferrari is not an adiquate refund, no contradictions there.

Very sad that some people can't get that and enjoy your cough drops, I'm sure there will be more to come after they nerf all the Romulan stuff you come to love.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-17-2013, 10:45 PM
When you get a refund for those Phasers do u get the same price u bought it for?
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
04-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami2 View Post
When you get a refund for those Phasers do u get the same price u bought it for?
yes, for the prototype andorian weapons...

as to the OP...well you ARE doing a starbase that was meant for fleets of more than 5 people by yourself....

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
04-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Actually I got a better price as they were worth far less when I sold them.

It's not the refund that's bad.

It's the nerfing of already purchased products which should be as illegal in this virtual world as it is in the real world.

I've often thought an MMO Over-site Committee should be formed to ensure fair business practices among MMO companies. Sadly, if such a committee existed, STO would simply close it's doors rather than change. That I don't want to see happen so I guess I'll take it, but I should also be allowed to express my opinion as all the detractors soon will after their favorite Romulan bits start getting nerfed.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 04-17-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Captain
# 17
04-17-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm not selfish enough to think of myself more then overall game balance so won't mind nerfs to something Romulan if its not balanced properly. There will be no STO if they don't ever fix things everyone quits.
Career Officer
# 18
04-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
I've often thought an MMO Over-site Committee should be formed to ensure fair business practices among MMO companies. Sadly, if such a committee existed, STO would simply close it's doors rather than change.
In theory this sounds like a good idea but since it would either be run by players,dev's or both there are some major issues with it mainly the human factor. "just wanted to throw that out there."

I for one am sorry that you are upset about your refund. I am sure none of us like the feeling of being ripped off when they change something ingame after we already got it but regretfully that is life and life is not fair look at it this way atleast you made some progress on your starbase. Enjoy your coughdrop.

Always Recruiting Join us at http://temporalimperium.enjin.com/
Lieutenant
# 19
04-18-2013, 12:21 AM
Quite possibly the most self entitled forum rager I've ever seen. The OP has no idea what it means to balance an online game. The phasers were bugged, and needed to be fixed. They aren't taking anything away from you. They offered a full refund for anyone unsatisfied with the change. They can't do much better than that!

Let me guess, if your bank accidently made an error and deposited 10 grand into your account you would probably feel entitled to that as well when they inform you they need it back.

Get over yourself.
Rihannsu
# 20
04-18-2013, 11:15 AM
My Kumari is outfit with a full set of MKXII fleet Andorian phasers. They're awesome balls of flaming blue death.