Commander
# 381
04-17-2013, 12:01 AM
This game has no support at all. I have made quite a few tickets since launch, but beside one they were simply closed and never solved.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Empire Veteran
So I sent a ticket over a week ago asking for help with someone who had been hit with the unmute bug in a chat channel. I've still yet to receive any kind of response or advice and it has been well over 3-4 business days.

Does sending it on the website not work? Does it have to be done through the game itself?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Ensign
# 383
04-18-2013, 08:42 AM
I have submitted tickets for bugs and never gotten a response either, a couple times i got automatic reponses where their system identifies key words. But, as good as it sounds sometimes those are irrelevent to your ticket. So far, they've all been irrelevent, I have never gotten a real response and all the bugs I submitted still exist since last year.

If it's a game bug that doesn't allow you to exploit features, expect it to never get fixed. If it is a game bug that exploits features, expect it to take them two to three months to fix it.

Their main goal is to promote zen sales, not fix what's broken. Therefore, as much as I love star trek, I have no loyalty to this game. Their next expansion, I hear the purpose to attract old players into coming back. I expect this will not meet their expectations, gamers hold grudges that last a lifetime, they burned those bridges.

I will leave star trek when a space game worth playing comes out and never come back. This game has proven to me how bad customer support can get, how bad leaving bugs in the game can get. They keep adding content which can be nice, but I want the current content to get fixed first.
Community Moderator
# 384
04-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
So I sent a ticket over a week ago asking for help with someone who had been hit with the unmute bug in a chat channel. I've still yet to receive any kind of response or advice and it has been well over 3-4 business days.

Does sending it on the website not work? Does it have to be done through the game itself?
Unfortunately from what I know of the situation there isn't much that can be done. with that bug you just kinda gotta keep hammering away till it unmutes or mute someone else, unmute them then unmute the other person. It takes a few but it does work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comash View Post
I have submitted tickets for bugs and never gotten a response either, a couple times i got automatic reponses where their system identifies key words. But, as good as it sounds sometimes those are irrelevent to your ticket. So far, they've all been irrelevent, I have never gotten a real response and all the bugs I submitted still exist since last year.

If it's a game bug that doesn't allow you to exploit features, expect it to never get fixed. If it is a game bug that exploits features, expect it to take them two to three months to fix it.

Their main goal is to promote zen sales, not fix what's broken. Therefore, as much as I love star trek, I have no loyalty to this game. Their next expansion, I hear the purpose to attract old players into coming back. I expect this will not meet their expectations, gamers hold grudges that last a lifetime, they burned those bridges.

I will leave star trek when a space game worth playing comes out and never come back. This game has proven to me how bad customer support can get, how bad leaving bugs in the game can get. They keep adding content which can be nice, but I want the current content to get fixed first.
As it's been stated a lot, bugs unless requiring feedback will never get a response. If you have a bug you'd like to discuss, and possibly get feed back, thats what the forums are for However your statement is 100% false as they do try to fix every bug, exploit or not.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 385
04-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Unfortunately from what I know of the situation there isn't much that can be done. with that bug you just kinda gotta keep hammering away till it unmutes or mute someone else, unmute them then unmute the other person. It takes a few but it does work.

As it's been stated a lot, bugs unless requiring feedback will never get a response. If you have a bug you'd like to discuss, and possibly get feed back, thats what the forums are for However your statement is 100% false as they do try to fix every bug, exploit or not.
The thing is that they should keep the players within the loop informed on what is going on. I have had a bug that was "sent to QA" where I cannot change the appearance of my Fleet Excelsior for more than five months now and I have heard nothing. That's nearly half a year now. I a company want's to give the impression that they don't care about customers, don't keep them in the loop for several months.
Ensign
# 386
04-23-2013, 07:25 PM
i currently have 3 tickets for support outstanding....

i am a lifetime subscriber and have been since launch and i sitll have issues that have gone unresolved and ignored by "support" ever since i created my account, which is ironic cos support doesnt seem to give any support at all.

i still have no career officer title...

i still cant make new threads on the forum.....

as i said this has been ongoing since day 1 .... what a joke and a slap in the face to someone who has spent real life cash on this game, i ownt be spending anymore money til this is resolved.
Captain
# 387
04-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstumps View Post
i currently have 3 tickets for support outstanding....

i am a lifetime subscriber and have been since launch and i sitll have issues that have gone unresolved and ignored by "support" ever since i created my account, which is ironic cos support doesnt seem to give any support at all.

i still have no career officer title...

i still cant make new threads on the forum.....

as i said this has been ongoing since day 1 .... what a joke and a slap in the face to someone who has spent real life cash on this game, i ownt be spending anymore money til this is resolved.
Your forum account was only established this month: Join date: April, 2013. It takes some time before the forum system recognizes you as being a participant - it's part of the spam-bot blocking system. Give it a little time and you will be allowed to make threads.

As far as your Career Officer title, you need to Edit Avaar at the top of the forum and activate the Career Officer title yourself. It's not automatic. That's how it worked on the previous forum too.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 04-23-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Captain
# 388
04-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by comash View Post

If this is the truth then I am extremely let down. A product such as this needs an active customer service and quality assurance team. Heck, for all that was bad with SWG it at least had an active cs/qa department.
Career Officer
# 389 Perfect World Billing ?
04-24-2013, 02:24 PM
I have been trying for 3 days to make contact with Perfect World Billing via the 1-888 number.

Does this number ever get answered?
Captain
# 390
04-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Have you tried an email?

Perfect World has 14 games and probably around 15 million customers between them. It wouldn't take long to tie-up a phone line.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.