Captain
# 11
04-18-2013, 06:22 AM
Yeah, use advanced fleet plasma DHCs and romulan plasma turrets.

That is awesome... I wish I had the dilithium for it, I usually just use fleet plasma turrets just to save the purple tiberium crystals.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Republic Veteran
# 12
04-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theuser2021 View Post
(remember dmg is the worst modifier in the game by a significant margin)
^ Very much so! Thank you for mentioning it! I keep hearing people say "Fleet weapons are the best!" But the above quote is the voice of reason!

Quote:
Romulan plasma also looks a little nicer being a deeper shade of green plasma instead of the cyan color but that's just personal taste.
I agree completely, I just made an Odyssey build with them and both the Romulan and Borg gear sets. Puuurdy!

Quote:
Of course the one downside is that Romulan plasma will cost you 32k dilithium each (cheaper than spiral weave disruptors, but still very expensive). Compare that to the fleet 10k dilithium and 20k fleet credits.
But, think of it this way, if you donated 20k dilithium to get those fleet credits (Dilithium to fleet credits give you 1:1), it's almost the exact same on dilithium
Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?

It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol

Last edited by imadoctornota; 04-18-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Commander
# 13
04-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deianirrah View Post
If You do plan to use the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo, You might want to get the entire set.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. The 3-piece beam active ability is nice burst, but on a 3m cooldown it's probably not enough DPS to compensate for slotting the beam in any slot. The zero-point conduit is probably worth using under any circumstance, even if you're not using any of the other two pieces.
Captain
# 14
04-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millimidget View Post
I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. The 3-piece beam active ability is nice burst, but on a 3m cooldown it's probably not enough DPS to compensate for slotting the beam in any slot. The zero-point conduit is probably worth using under any circumstance, even if you're not using any of the other two pieces.
The beam is a zero power drain weapon. For those ships who slot a single beam for subsystem targeting, or BO shield breaking it's not a bad choice.
Commander
# 15
04-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
The beam is a zero power drain weapon. For those ships who slot a single beam for subsystem targeting, or BO shield breaking it's not a bad choice.
I'm not saying the beam is worthless, it's just weaker than using another plasma DHC or turret. That 3-piece bonus is surely nice in PvP, though, but burst doesn't really matter in PvE; at least not single-target burst, at any rate.
Captain
# 16
04-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Just going to echo the Fleet DHCs in front, Romulan turrets in back sentiments. You'll get the raw damage of the fleet DHCs with the disruptor procs of the turrets.

Really though, if you're going plasma, kinetic damage is where it is really at. Energy damage consoles don't modify the plasma fire procs like the Kinetic ones do. Also, there are enough different kinds of plasma launchers to make a full torpedo boat work. Plasma torp boats have a very different playstyle though, and I wouldn't recommend them for pvp.
Captain
# 17
04-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
They fire slower, so they have a lower chance of proc'ing.
FYI, this is false. It was debunked in testing awhile back (I don't have the link, but feel free to search it). DC and DHCs have exactly the same rate of weapon proc.
Captain
# 18
04-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
FYI, this is false. It was debunked in testing awhile back (I don't have the link, but feel free to search it). DC and DHCs have exactly the same rate of weapon proc.
Really? Something must be borked then - the only point to using DCs is to get the extra procs/shots for DEM. Other than that, they're terrible compared to DHCs when it comes down to DPS/power efficiency/etc
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Career Officer
# 19
04-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
I think You were thinking of this?

http://deepspacealliance.blogspot.de...annons-vs.html
Commander
# 20
04-18-2013, 12:00 PM
So much bad information on these forums.

Do NOT use advanced fleet weapons if you are looking for the highest DPS in PvE. If you have 2 or 3 rare romulan embassy boffs, so your crit chance is up around 14 or 16% (Also with all the crit modifying consoles), you need to get CrtD mods. You cannot get these mods on advanced fleet weapons as far as I know. CrtD as a mod FAR outstrips everything else in parses when you have 14-16% crit chance.

So, I believe the highest DPS setup would be Mk XII Purple Disruptor DHCs with [CrtD]x3. The romulan weapons MAY come in close if you set it up with the romulan 2p set bonus and romulan embassy consoles, the extra dmg from those may make up for the lack of a [CrtD] modifier.

But, I repeat, do NOT get advanced fleet weapons. They are really junk for PvE. Elite fleet weapons are another story, my fleet isn't T5 yet so I haven't been able to use them yet.
__________________________________________________ __
Pay no attention to the dates and titles under my name at the left! I am a Career Officer, Lifetime Sub since launch, was in the Beta. Having problems with my forum account.