Captain
# 211
04-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowrulesupreme View Post
The pack merely offers a chance for those who would pay real money and not ground zen to get them at a discount.
Ah you missed the larger context of why I brought that up. For years now the single biggest complaint about this game's c-store has been it offers a Pay to Win model. The biggest point posters use to shoot that down is that everything is available for zen and can be acquired for free.

This pack, however, is not available like that. It's a straight money transaction. It sets a bit of a precedent for that larger discussion.

I realize all that stuff will be available for zen ala carte.

And I also realize with how little attention Cryptic gives to non-federation factions, it's most likely the best option to just wait, level your Romulan, see if it's actually worth playing and investing time and resources into, and then getting the Mogai Retrofit as a single purchase since that will save you money or Zen and get you the most bang for your buck or Dil.

It's just I feel:

1- This should probably be purchasable with zen on the store. Maybe in 6 months from now as a sale or whatever. But it should be zen acquirable.
2- 125 bucks is overpriced. Rhiannsu isn't worth that much.
Career Officer
# 212
04-18-2013, 09:19 AM
So low price and high price are the only two options? nothing in the middle? Srsly wtf????
Captain
# 213
04-18-2013, 09:20 AM
One other question, you seem to get some ship material with this pack, is that also possible to get later on by buying that particular item individually? or are those two ship materials only available in this pack?

"Owning the Reman playable species will unlock two Reman ship materials which are usable on all Romulan ships you own."

So my question is, if you buy the species later in Zen store do you still get two reman ship materials?

Last edited by darkfader1988; 04-18-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Career Officer
# 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
Nice. I hope there will be a challenge in getting these digital objects beyond the means of buying them straight off 'the shelf'?
...and 119? That is mighty steep for an 'addon'/'update' A thousand danish kroner for an expansion?!?
Expansions usually costs ->20?, no? Is there something I have missed out on?
The expansion and all the content (IE the ability to play Romulans, etc.) is 100% free. This Legacy pack is just extra ships and other items that I assume will also be made available on the Cryptic C-Store once the expansion launches.

The advantage to buying the Legacy (or Starter Pack)? You get all these items at a discount over what they'll cost when added to the C-Store.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 215
The Master keys, Mini Doff pack, Boff, and Uniform are in the high $40, low $50 dollar range. These are not things I want. Think I'll pass on this and just buy the C-Store ships separately.
Captain
# 216
04-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
So low price and high price are the only two options? nothing in the middle? Srsly wtf????
The third option is buy them individually as wanted from the C-Store when LoR launches.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Community Moderator
# 217 Thread Merge
04-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
A thread merge is more likely.
You called it

EDIT: Merge Redux
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 04-18-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Career Officer
# 218
04-18-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm so glad I had already decided not to bother playing the Romulan faction as I knew it would be a money grab. Thanks for proving me right.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 219
04-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
The expansion and all the content (IE the ability to play Romulans, etc.) is 100% free. This Legacy pack is just extra ships and other items that I assume will also be made available on the Cryptic C-Store once the expansion launches.

The advantage to buying the Legacy (or Starter Pack)? You get all these items at a discount over what they'll cost when added to the C-Store.
Bingo! Romulans even have free ships at each rank.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 220
04-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjgee View Post
I'm so glad I had already decided not to bother playing the Romulan faction as I knew it would be a money grab. Thanks for proving me right.
How are C-Store items a money grab? You can fly your free T1 through T5 ship or you can buy C-Store ships for each Tier. It's always been the same for Feds or KDF.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Closed Thread