Lt. Commander
# 221
04-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Caveat Emptor

Definition of 'Caveat Emptor'
A Latin phrase for "let the buyer beware." The term is primarily used in real property transactions. Essentially it proclaims that the buyer must perform their due diligence when purchasing an item or service.

In other words, consumers need to know their rights and be vigilant in avoiding scams. For example in the private purchase of a used car, caveat emptor places an onus on the buyer to make sure the car is worth the purchase price. This is because once the transaction is complete the buyer will not receive a warranty or return option from the seller.

Looks like I get to save some more money, but I'm gonna guess that cryptic have already calculated that many existing players wont pay this much, they're aiming at new players without the advantage of in game knowledge.
HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Captain
# 222
04-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
How are C-Store items a money grab? You can fly your free T1 through T5 ship or you can buy C-Store ships for each Tier. It's always been the same for Feds or KDF.
If there is one constant to this forum it's not letting the facts get in the way of a good whine.

The other constant would be a lot of responses in these threads from people that clearly didn't even read the article they are responding to.

So, business as usual for a Thursday. :-)
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Survivor of Romulus
# 223
04-18-2013, 09:27 AM
I really cannot dump 100 pounds into something I have no info on. Might just go for the starter pack and buy what I want later on with the stocked up dilithium I have...

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Starfleet Veteran
# 224
04-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giarana View Post
they're aiming at new players without the advantage of in game knowledge.
More like the people who are already buying every ship that comes out. There's more than a few of them, and every new ship they complain that there are less ships than ship slots, they want to keep all 72 of their ships in their active inventory even though 68 of them have never left spacedock and 2 more only made a quick lap around orbit before going back.
Republic Veteran
# 225
04-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
If there is one constant to this forum it's not letting the facts get in the way of a good whine.

The other constant would be a lot of responses in these threads from people that clearly didn't even read the article they are responding to.

and it's still early in the day.

Rihannsu
# 226
04-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post

Pretty much.
Career Officer
# 227
04-18-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giarana View Post
Caveat Emptor

Definition of 'Caveat Emptor'
A Latin phrase for "let the buyer beware." The term is primarily used in real property transactions. Essentially it proclaims that the buyer must perform their due diligence when purchasing an item or service.

In other words, consumers need to know their rights and be vigilant in avoiding scams. For example in the private purchase of a used car, caveat emptor places an onus on the buyer to make sure the car is worth the purchase price. This is because once the transaction is complete the buyer will not receive a warranty or return option from the seller.

Looks like I get to save some more money, but I'm gonna guess that cryptic have already calculated that many existing players wont pay this much, they're aiming at new players without the advantage of in game knowledge.
While we don't have exact stats, we can guess at how the ships will operate based on Class and Size. Futhermore, some of those ship consoles are pretty darn powerful. That T5 Dhelan has a power that WILL knock your target's weapons offline. The D'Deridex sounds like it has a free gravity well/Tyken's rift built into it (like how the Galaxy Dreadnaught has a free Beam Overload built into it). The T4 D'Deridex has a Kar'Fi Phase Shift console that can be put onto ANY Romulan ship. The T3 Valdore has the half of the 1000 Day Ship console: It vampirizes shields (and can be put onto ANY ship).
Lieutenant
# 228
04-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Come on guys $125 ???

How about $40 for the legacy

Really the price is totally nuts you could buy several games for that

please rethink
Lt. Commander
# 229
04-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Good I wont play romulan at all.
Captain
# 230
04-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by covenanter View Post
Come on guys $125 ???

How about $40 for the legacy

Really the price is totally nuts you could buy several games for that

please rethink
It's a $181.00 worth of C-Store items on sale for $125.00. You can buy them all on sale or you can buy them individually when LoR launches. Your choice.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Closed Thread