Captain
# 231
04-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by this1isavailable View Post
Good I wont play romulan at all.
The Pack is just for the C-Store items - just like Fed and KDF have. You still get free T1 through T5 ships, and free stock uniforms, when playing a Romulan.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 232
04-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Brandon, is there any reason we can't pay in pounds? We can sub in pounds, so why can't we buy this content in pounds?

If I try and do this in Euro's on either of my cards I'll get hit with conversion charges.
Career Officer
# 233
04-18-2013, 09:40 AM
question: will p2p'ers and lifetimers still get ship tokens as they level up, and will lifetime member be affected by these packs?
Rihannsu
# 234
04-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Ah you missed the larger context of why I brought that up. For years now the single biggest complaint about this game's c-store has been it offers a Pay to Win model. The biggest point posters use to shoot that down is that everything is available for zen and can be acquired for free.

This pack, however, is not available like that. It's a straight money transaction. It sets a bit of a precedent for that larger discussion.

[..]
Sadly I and several others I know already put several hundred into the store already in anticipation of the package given as you stated everything goes through the store and now this is not.

I hate with a deep passion the whole F2P model but yet I still support Cryptic and have spent big money on this game from day one! Hell I spent a couple hundred in the past several weeks. Now they go and pull this crap with the one thing I been waiting for years to do in this game!! Rage and angst does not even begin to cover my anger right now. All they had to do when they made the big announcement was tell us a cash only package will be offered but NO. Get you Zen points now mantra marched on.

What the hell is it with Cryptic and marketing fails? Why not provide detailed information to the community on development and marketing plans? It is not like it is the old days where secrecy was deemed a best practice for premium placement, buzz - etc... This is a Damn F2P company now; information is king and the dollar is god!

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Rihannsu
# 235
Quote:
D'ridthau Warbird Battle Cruiser
A variation of the mighty D'deridex Class with a Molecular Phase Inverter console that can be activated to shift your ship out of phase for a limited time. Unlocks at Tier 4.
HAH! Not quite a phasing cloak but....
Quote:
T'Varo Warbird Retrofit
The great look of the 2150s-era Warbird with power for the 25th century. Includes a Plasma Destabilizer console that launches a slow moving but devastating Destabilized Plasma Torpedo that deals extreme kinetic damage and heavy plasma damage over time.
this reminds me of what that Romulan guy shot at Kirk in "the Neutral Zone".
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by specter153 View Post
question: will p2p'ers and lifetimers still get ship tokens as they level up, and will lifetime member be affected by these packs?
The Packs are just C-Store items that will be available on launch day. Just as Feds have a C-Store TOS Connie, NX, or Oberth at T1, Roms will have a C-Store T1 ship, and so on.

That has nothing to do with the free T1 through T5 ships a Rom gets as they advance. The C-Store ships are just a little better - and come with Consoles.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 237
If you compare to the C-store, this is a good deal.
If you compare to the average Expansion pack, then this is robbery.
Highest expansionpack I ever bought was for 50 euro, nowdays its mostly 29-39 euro.

This expansionpack costs 125 dollar a.k.a 119 euro.. must be the worlds most expansive Expansion pack ever created for PC. Someone call Guinness World Records.

Though I am probably going to spend 119 euro on this.. because I can.. but overall this is a bad strategy for Perfect World. If they put down the price to 60-70 dollars, then they would get more sales.
Everything over 100 euro / dollar creates caution then instent buy.

Last edited by apulse; 04-18-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Career Officer
# 238
I see this as a C-Store discount pack and IMHO when you consider the cost of (4) t5 ships, 30 lock box keys. + the all other items, the price is indeed a discount.

Are they items we are all going to want? Maybe not, but I usually end up buying more ships than I should and this offer would save someone like me some $$$.

Will these ships be lame compared to other c-store ships? I doubt it. Will they be equal to lockbox ships? One cane hope but I don't expect that to be the case.

I'm a lifer and I don't think this is a bad deal.
Republic Veteran
# 239
04-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprometheus79 View Post
Brandon, is there any reason we can't pay in pounds? We can sub in pounds, so why can't we buy this content in pounds?

If I try and do this in Euro's on either of my cards I'll get hit with conversion charges.
a very good question.

this pack it's self seems very interesting. i'm tempted but the truth is I might only want 2 ships. so no ship with quad cannons? since the other 2 'factions' have them
Captain
# 240
04-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apulse View Post
If you compare to the C-store, this is a good deal.
If you compare to the average Expansion pack, then this is robbery.
Highest expansionpack I ever bought was for 50 euro, nowdays its mostly 29-39 euro.

This expansionpack costs 125 dollar a.k.a 119 euro.. must be the worlds most expansive Expansion pack ever created for PC.
It's a C-Store sale, not an expansion pack. You can buy the bundle for $125.00 or you can buy them individually as you want them for $181.00. Or you can not buy them at all and simply play your Romulan with the free ships and uniforms.
Closed Thread