Captain
# 201
04-18-2013, 01:41 AM
I would like further clarification on what's happening with the boff traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
The current trait revamp is not changing Bridge Officer trait choices, though if a Bridge Officer has a trait that was improved (such as Limited Telepathy or Acute Senses), they will benefit from the improvement.
The above quote is from the following post:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=18

1. Will boffs keep their current species traits or will they get the new species traits that the captains are getting? If boffs keep their current species traits, then this dual system will be confusing to new players. If boffs get the new species traits, then some boffs may wind up with only 2 or 3 traits. Will they get additional traits to maintain their number of traits at 4?

2. Creative, basic creative, and superior creative no longer seem useful for tac boffs, because they have limited healing abilities. Will tac boffs get a different trait instead?
Captain
# 202
04-18-2013, 11:13 AM
As a Betazoid engineer I don't have access to Grace under fire and as a Human Tactical I don't have access to Last ditch effort, have these been removed for now or is something wrong here?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 203
04-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
As a Betazoid engineer I don't have access to Grace under fire and as a Human Tactical I don't have access to Last ditch effort, have these been removed for now or is something wrong here?
The traits that enhance Captain-level abilities only show up in the list when you're filling in the level 40 or level 50 trait slot. I put a level requirement on them so that people didn't choose a trait that did nothing at level 10, 20, or 30.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 204
04-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
I would like further clarification on what's happening with the boff traits.

The above quote is from the following post:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=18

1. Will boffs keep their current species traits or will they get the new species traits that the captains are getting? If boffs keep their current species traits, then this dual system will be confusing to new players. If boffs get the new species traits, then some boffs may wind up with only 2 or 3 traits. Will they get additional traits to maintain their number of traits at 4?

2. Creative, basic creative, and superior creative no longer seem useful for tac boffs, because they have limited healing abilities. Will tac boffs get a different trait instead?
BOffs are keeping the exact same powers they have right now. If one of those powers got changed, they'll receive the benefit of that as well. In regards to creative, I'm planning to add a damage increase back to the trait since there are a number of tactical bridge officers who have the trait, for whom the current version would do nothing.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 205
04-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwalk0769 View Post
I compared the bundled traits on Tribble with my existing traits on Holodeck and noticed that the trait Techie on Tribble, unlike the current ability on Holodeck, does not include a subsystem repair ability in the description.

I hope all our current abilities our traits grant transfer over to the new bundled traits.
Techie is identical on Holodeck and on Tribble. It gives +10 Starship Hull Repair skill.
Career Officer
# 206
04-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
BOffs are keeping the exact same powers they have right now. If one of those powers got changed, they'll receive the benefit of that as well. In regards to creative, I'm planning to add a damage increase back to the trait since there are a number of tactical bridge officers who have the trait, for whom the current version would do nothing.
Could you make the "efficient" trait a possible trait for aliengen boffs? It's kind of grating that only Saurians or Letheans can have it (and the Lib. Borg).
Career Officer
# 207
04-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Could you make the "efficient" trait a possible trait for aliengen boffs? It's kind of grating that only Saurians or Letheans can have it (and the Lib. Borg).
The Problem isn't really that efficient only shows up on Saurians/Letheans. The Problem is that there aren't more traits to enhance space effectiveness that can show up on any boff.
Captain
# 208
04-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
The traits that enhance Captain-level abilities only show up in the list when you're filling in the level 40 or level 50 trait slot. I put a level requirement on them so that people didn't choose a trait that did nothing at level 10, 20, or 30.
My apologies, I should have been more clear, my fault, both of these characters are level 50
Career Officer
# 209
04-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
My apologies, I should have been more clear, my fault, both of these characters are level 50
What hawk means is that as you select traits, you fill up the Level 10, 20, etc Slots before you get to the slots that allow you to select the Captain-power enhancing abilities.

IMO, it would be better to display the Locked Out Traits with a blurb on it saying "Level X required" rather than not display it all until you meet the prerequisite.
Captain
# 210
04-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
What hawk means is that as you select traits, you fill up the Level 10, 20, etc Slots before you get to the slots that allow you to select the Captain-power enhancing abilities.
I get it now, thanks

Quote:
IMO, it would be better to display the Locked Out Traits with a blurb on it saying "Level X required" rather than not display it all until you meet the prerequisite.
Agreed