Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,567
# 381
04-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
your opinion is in the extreme minority; players those mmos outnumber sto players by about 50:1, and the majority of sto players play one or more of those games

you are trying to puff up your personal opinion by claiming that it is the opinion of an unspecified multitude. this is something that political extremists, fringe lobbyists, and PR hacks do to make their biased views appear more valid.

it corroborates my observation that you said how many people you see and not how many posters.

Yet you claim yours to be a really specific magnitude without any proof? Yeah... right.

Then show proof what you say has any basis of truth. If you have some. Which I doubt.

And again, name calling, implying that I am some sort of fringe lobbyist. How mature of you.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 382
04-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodrim View Post
Qualitative arguments on "value" are inherently relativistic. The person to whom you responded is making a qualitative, relativistic argument about value. While decrying relativism as a "last gasp" argumentative tactic.
wrong

amount of content, graphical quality, marginal control and number of bugs are all quantitative. subjective quantities are quantitative not quantitative. subjective is not a synonym for qualitative. you are using the verbiage of dialectics but doing so wrongly.

in plain english, sto is less, lower quality, more expensive, and it holds the game back from its full potential.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,456
# 383
04-18-2013, 11:30 AM
lol @ all the LTS whining and moaning because they don't get moar free stuff. Lets face it, for those of you who have been playing since beta and all the other things you like to brag about - you've been milking the LTS for far too long now. Stop turning up your nose at silver players, some of us have paid a lot more than the price of LTS in zen over the years!

As for the actual package, I don't want every C-store ship and a lot of junk so I'll pass, and selectively buy the things I want/need after they've been reviewed and tested and I've read feedback on the forums.

However, I will buy the starter pack to show my support. It seems like a reasonably good deal, $20 for a T1 and a T5 ship with a title, works for me.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8
# 384
04-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, I think the pack is great, if you look at the pricing of the FED and KDF ships, the Price for the ships alone makes it worth while. Al-tho i wish us Lifers would get a discount on this pack, i do have to say i will prob buy it just because im a STO addict.

Remember people, you are not the ones making this game, yes you play it, I personally like what PW is doing with STO by far the best MMO i have played in a long time. if you don't like what PW is doing, go play Minecraft or Pokemon.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,456
# 385
04-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcuda View Post
Well, I think the pack is great, if you look at the pricing of the FED and KDF ships, the Price for the ships alone makes it worth while. Al-tho i wish us Lifers would get a discount on this pack
Why? Why should LTS get a discount? I don't get it at all. You've never had a discount on C-store items before, or on C-store bundles, or any other promotion they happen to be running.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 144
# 386 Zen for subscription services?
04-18-2013, 11:33 AM
I was wondering why can't we use zen to purchase the legacy starter pack?
I bought a bunch of zen a little while ago and I'm now kicking myself because I've already spent my self imposed entertainment budget. It would be really nice to spend the money I've already put in the game towards the legacy pack. Instead of just 125$ could give the option to buy it for 12500 zen. Cryptic offers almost all their other starter packs and ship packs for zen, with the exception of the steam starter pack (which I got for $12.50 when steam had a sale, easily the best game purchase I ever made and then some ).

It would also be convenient to consolidate the payment process as buying zen is just a few clicks of a button (The less time you give people to think about the purchase the higher amount of impulse buys ).

On an unrelated note, now that Romulans and Feds get a starter pack isn't it time for the Klingons to get an awesome pack as well?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 265
# 387
04-18-2013, 11:33 AM
If I'm reading this right these are preorders of what's to come for Romulans in the C-store. IF that's the case I'm fine with it because I've paid well over $124 for my current KDF and Fed C-store unlocks.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,032
# 388
04-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
wrong

amount of content, graphical quality, marginal control and number of bugs are all quantitative. subjective quantities are quantitative not quantitative. subjective is not a synonym for qualitative. you are using the verbiage of dialectics but doing so wrongly.

in plain english, sto is less, lower quality, more expensive, and it holds the game back from its full potential.
"amount of content, graphical quality, marginal control and number of bugs are all quantitative"

Cool. Please give us the number of bugs in each of the products you are comparing.

Also the numeric evaluation of the graphical quality of same and how it is calculated.

And also the numbers for amount of content.

Oh wait - you don't have those numbers? Then your analysis is just estimates and hypotheticals. So glad you don't do *my* company's books.

"subjective quantities are quantitative not quantitative"

ROFL.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 389
04-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Yet you claim yours to be a really specific magnitude without any proof? Yeah... right.

Then show proof what you say has any basis of truth. If you have some. Which I doubt.

And again, name calling, implying that I am some sort of fringe lobbyist. How mature of you.
when I was in elementary school, I got a time-out for calling another boy a lobbyist. "TEACHER TEACHER, ETHAN CALLED ME A LOBBYIST, HE'S CALLING NAMES!"

no, really. do you believe me? or do you think it's not name-calling after all, merely a valid comparison?

proof? so you don't believe that the mmos made in irvine, seoul and bellevue have many times sto's playerbase? or are you just going through the motions of debate when in reality you are willing to say absolutely anything to defend PWE?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,950
# 390
04-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Because most people's Zen comes from Dilithium grinding, and the Packs are already discounted. Allowing them to be purchased with Zen would be like giving someone a double-discount - and Cryptic does want to make some money on the Packs.

You can always buy the individual items from the C-Store with Zen once LoR launches.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see a KDF Starter Pack getting released soon too.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 AM.