Lieutenant
Icarus

We strive for a sense of realism in games.

We fly too close to the sun as a matter of course.

We hope to come out the other side unscathed, and the stories we tell afterwards are supposed to be epic.

Is flying into a planet any less. (well actually it is)

Whiteout of sensor in a planets atmosphere was an interesting effect. I've experienced it often when playing crystalline entity missions. I never felt disadvantaged by it. It was something to avoid, true, but it was something that I felt was intrinsic to the mission. You fly to close to the sun, you get burnt.

You still had target lock, you could still ?see? people, you just had to deal with the whiteout of your sensors.

This was not a bad thing. It added to the uniqueness of the mission.

I fly a beam cruiser. I circle the CE, and pick off targets of opportunity. I've had this effect regularly. This is not a bad thing. You've apparently taken it out. With the latest patch. I'd like it reinstated in the interest of storytelling, and dramatic license.

This might add a few more tactics to the game as well. Please don't delete atmosphere flare completely. And please reinstate it in the missions it makes sense.

Yours hopefully

Slightlyjaded
Career Officer
# 2
04-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Somebody didn't read today's patch notes.
Captain
# 3
04-18-2013, 12:13 PM
They are not getting rid of the atmosphere burn, they are just moving the Entity to a higher orbit.
Captain
# 4
04-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrisra View Post
I fly a beam cruiser.
I couldn't get past that part. Your fleetmate has a unique opportunity in May to switch to a Mogai or a Bird of Prey. They should strongly consider it and play the game with far more tactical advantages. At least that or get a JHAS.
Ensign
# 5
04-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
I couldn't get past that part. Your fleetmate has a unique opportunity in May to switch to a Mogai or a Bird of Prey. They should strongly consider it and play the game with far more tactical advantages. At least that or get a JHAS.
I'm the fleetmate with no posting privileges. I actually have a JHAS I use it occasionally, but but my "beam cruiser is a JH dreadnaught. When flying fleet missions my priority is to attract as much damage as possible freeing up our DPS veterans to do what they do best. If I fly a Pug I rank top 3 for DPS every time even with my beam cruiser. Yes the JHAS is a nice toy, but I'm a team player, and enjoy the role I play.

I'm also a recent enrollment having only joined the game a few weeks ago. I'm enjoying figuring out the game, and the quirks. I'm sure the JHAS I've got will get a workout in future, but for now I'm enjoying what I've got.

As allways enjoying the game

Malice
Lieutenant
# 6
04-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyjaded1 View Post
I'm the fleetmate with no posting privileges. I actually have a JHAS I use it occasionally, but but my "beam cruiser is a JH dreadnaught. When flying fleet missions my priority is to attract as much damage as possible freeing up our DPS veterans to do what they do best. If I fly a Pug I rank top 3 for DPS every time even with my beam cruiser. Yes the JHAS is a nice toy, but I'm a team player, and enjoy the role I play.

I'm also a recent enrollment having only joined the game a few weeks ago. I'm enjoying figuring out the game, and the quirks. I'm sure the JHAS I've got will get a workout in future, but for now I'm enjoying what I've got.

Malice
and a very welcome member of our fleet Malice
Captain
# 7
04-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyjaded1 View Post

Malice
Wait you have a JHAS and you're not a "DPS Veteran"?

Why not?
Ensign
# 8
04-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Wait you have a JHAS and you're not a "DPS Veteran"?

Why not?
Started playing recently, and

A) don't have the equipment to really use it and

B) don't have the experience to use it properly.

I'll get there eventually.

Malice