Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
This thread is for any feedback regarding Romulan ships and the Singularity Mechanic. Feel free to comment on turn rate, speed, power levels, boff layouts, the singularity mechanic, singularity powers, ship comparisons, anything related to these ships!

This content is only available to players in the Legacy of Romulus Closed beta.
Lieutenant
# 2
04-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Edit: Wrong thread
Whoops, wrong thread.
Commander
# 3
04-18-2013, 04:08 PM
I feel like at least the singularity mechanic is poorly explained. There's a little tooltip that says something like "fighting enemy ships causes a power up in your singularity", but I've not noticed that to be the case, and I'm not entirely sure what result it would have even if it did occur. I do occasionally click the button and get the energy wave, though, which is about as far as it goes.

On a totally unrelated note, the D'Deridex cruiser in the ship purchase screen has a turn rate of two.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
On a totally unrelated note, the D'Deridex cruiser in the ship purchase screen has a turn rate of two.
TOO SLOW -_- should be base of 8+ to match NPC versions lol...its not a freaking carrier haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 5
04-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Is the T'liss supposed to have a -10 to shields and aux, and a -5 to engine power?
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
04-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Errmm is that wrong the T5 Deridex Refit got a Turnrate of 2??
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
04-18-2013, 05:26 PM
To answer a couple questions:

-The D'deridex has a base turn rate of 5.5, which is still low, but comparable to the Bortas. I'll check into why it might be displaying so low on the store. Some of the D'deridex's Singularity abilities can help to compensate for the low turn rate, and there will be more details coming on that (as well as the Refit and Retrofit versions of the D'deridex) soon.

-The lower power levels for Warbirds are intentional. Warbirds currently start with a base of 40 power to all subsystems, plus a ship-specific bonus (in the case of the T'liss, +5 Engines and +10 Weapon Power). This is to help counterbalance the power of the Singularity abilities that these ships have access to. We are still iterating on this and welcome player feedback. There are blogs coming to describe some of this further.
Commander
# 8
04-18-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure if this rightly goes here, but any time I get a new Romulan BOFF, all my other ones suddenly get dropped from their previous assignments. Very annoying.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
04-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
I'm not sure if this rightly goes here, but any time I get a new Romulan BOFF, all my other ones suddenly get dropped from their previous assignments. Very annoying.
That sounds like you might be experiencing a bug. I would recommend reporting it here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/fo...play.php?f=229
Captain
# 10
04-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
To answer a couple questions:

-The D'deridex has a base turn rate of 5.5, which is still low, but comparable to the Bortas. I'll check into why it might be displaying so low on the store. Some of the D'deridex's Singularity abilities can help to compensate for the low turn rate, and there will be more details coming on that (as well as the Refit and Retrofit versions of the D'deridex) soon.

-The lower power levels for Warbirds are intentional. Warbirds currently start with a base of 40 power to all subsystems, plus a ship-specific bonus (in the case of the T'liss, +5 Engines and +10 Weapon Power). This is to help counterbalance the power of the Singularity abilities that these ships have access to. We are still iterating on this and welcome player feedback. There are blogs coming to describe some of this further.
Ships with turn rates below 7 or 9 really are simply not fun to fly. I urge you to reconsider basing the design of a ship as highly desired and anticipated as the D'deridex on the recent KDF ship release that did not sell very well.

Or the Galaxy that is constantly complained about, and rightfully so, as far as boff arrangements are concerned.

Last edited by bareel; 04-18-2013 at 05:52 PM.