Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Captain
# 21
04-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i could not be more disappointed in the D'deridex. omfg. literally a galaxy R clone, the worst cruiser, and worst ship in the game. with the insane EPt skill change, it makes it even worse to have 3 ENS eng then EVER.

i'll be making a large post at some point soon going over each and every ship in detail.
Why on earth would anyone want a tertiary engineering ensign slot?

One certainly doesn't need to play the ship to know that's a bad idea. Would clearly be worlds better as a universal slot.

This is concerning, but at least the fix is incredibly simple.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
04-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Liking the Singularity effects.
The black hole that is created when a Romulan ships explodes, is it meant to not have a gravity well effect?

Fed: Eng (Five) Sci (Maelrock) Tac (Shen) Rom: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Cryptic Studios Team
# 23
04-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
Liking the Singularity effects.
The black hole that is created when a Romulan ships explodes, is it meant to not have a gravity well effect?
We're still going back and forth on that. Initially, we had a gravity effect on it and it was far too dangerous. This is still in a state of flux.
Republic Veteran
# 24
04-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienfrombeyond View Post
There doesn't seem to be a really science oriented ship, the closest being the C-Store Mogai with a Lt. Commander Sci slot and a Lt. Universal slot. Didn't see one with Commander Science. It's a shame too because the singularity abilities seem so tailor made for a Science-oriented vessel/captain, especially since Science captains get a unique trait to gain singularity charge more rapidly.

In addition, the 60 second cooldown on singularity abilities makes the T'Varo Light Warbird's Singularity Stabilizer console seems almost essential.
I don't see why its essential to be honest.

On a different note I'm loving the interior, like its been said before engineering is really awesome looking!
Captain
# 25
04-18-2013, 07:12 PM
The Warbird linup really lacks focus during leveling.
Dhelan and Mogai have 2 Science boff slots, though the Mogoai has just as many tac slots and a higher level tac seat only for you to get swapped to 2 engi once you reach the D'deridex and the Ha'pax continues that line by having higher ranked engi despite having an equal number of sci and engi seats. You really should either stick to one layout or you should give us 2 different lineups so we can actually choose if we want a sci or eng focus (and a third tac focused line would be appreciated). Also, past Subcommander, there really is no dedicated science vessel which is extremely dissapointing.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
04-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
We're still going back and forth on that. Initially, we had a gravity effect on it and it was far too dangerous. This is still in a state of flux.
Maybe you could still add it, but in the tutorial make it so it does no harm and give one of those tip popups to warn players what could happen in a real senario.

Could make the area that pulls you in smaller than a proper gravity well to balance it.
The idea being to suck you in if you are not paying attention, and then get smacked by the shockwave.

I understand why you might not want to go that far though

Fed: Eng (Five) Sci (Maelrock) Tac (Shen) Rom: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 27
04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
Also, past Subcommander, there really is no dedicated science vessel which is extremely dissapointing.
This is kind of what stood out the most to me, as I was planning on rolling a pair of Sci with LoR. From the currently available ships, there are two "options" so to speak.

4x Sci Consoles with a LCdr Sci...and a Turn of 5.
3x Sci Consoles with 2x Lt Sci...and a Turn of 16.

Well, technically - there's another option - you can grab a LCdr/Lt Sci and be left with a single En Eng. That's 14 Turn, but can't remember the number of Sci Consoles.

Have to wonder if there's going to be a Cmdr Sci...actual Sci Vessel for the Romulans down the road.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Career Officer
# 28
04-18-2013, 07:37 PM
I suppose their excuse is you can just use a dedicated science vessel of your ally, but then you miss out on the unique aspect of Romulan gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I don't see why its essential to be honest.
A one minute cooldown that can't be mitigated in any other way other than that console and you don't see why it's essential? If you built up charge but couldn't use the abilities until the cooldown was done it wouldn't be that necessary, but the fact that you wait a minute just to start building up means immediately finishing the cooldown on it is amazing.

Last edited by alienfrombeyond; 04-18-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 29
04-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienfrombeyond View Post
I suppose their excuse is you can just use a dedicated science vessel of your ally, but then you miss out on the unique aspect of Romulan gameplay.

A one minute cooldown that can't be mitigated in any other way other than that console and you don't see why it's essential? If you built up charge but couldn't use the abilities until the cooldown was done it wouldn't be that necessary, but the fact that you wait a minute just to start building up means immediately finishing the cooldown on it is amazing.
You act as if Romulan ships can't survive without their singularity abilities.
Career Officer
# 30
04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
You act as if Romulan ships can't survive without their singularity abilities.
Ultimately, it comes down to if the bonus from being able to use the Singularity power more often is significantly greater than the least valuable console slot you have. I can potentially see that happening with them, but I would really need to actually test them out more. Plasma Shockwave is nice and all, but I'm not sure if I find it more valuable than a Threat Console, Armor Console, or Energy Weapon console.