Republic Veteran
# 21
04-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
From what I've seen, there will be a way to create your own custom color themes, but it might require an addon file or some hackery like that. More details will be shared once UI has it up and running. If that isn't the case, then we'll consider adding in specific colored themes that have a stronger red.
Any chance that will lead to letting us customize the UI via xml?
Captain
# 22
04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Perhaps, if the ability to fully customize your UI is made available for public use, a community of UI creators will pop up....

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Lieutenant
# 23
04-05-2013, 04:57 AM
The UI system on Tribble is a pile of crap. It looks like it was designed by a 3 year old that can't keep the crayons in the lines. Please tell me this will not be going to the Holodeck EVER.

Is this what we get to expect from anything that PWE has their name in Anime Space
Empire Veteran
# 24
04-06-2013, 04:45 AM
Quote:
From what I've seen, there will be a way to create your own custom color themes, but it might require an addon file or some hackery like that. More details will be shared once UI has it up and running. If that isn't the case, then we'll consider adding in specific colored themes that have a stronger red.
I really really hope that happens. While I do respect the intent and amount of effort that has been expended, based on what I see so far... players need the ability to be able to customize it. I like the current holodeck UI and KDF colors far more than any of the themes I see on tribble right now. I'd rather stick with what we currently have on holodeck to be honest.
Commander
# 25
04-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Firstly thank you for answering.
Secondly I left some time to reply because I wanted to see if the color issue is affecting other players beside myself.It seems that it is so.

Personally I am sure I can modify an configuration file and not destroy it but in general if you do small mistake's in grammar, some parsers drop the file completely so extra cautions should be taken in such things.

A good solution was proposed by @antrenos in his reply :"one rather simple solution, is to create 2 new "themes" which emulate the look of the current FED and KDF UI:s." and color I add.

If that is not possible then a developer posting detailing the configuration file grammar and modding rules would be helpful.I am sure that many players from kdf faction will be able to make their own version of UI and post it so other people would be able to use it .
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
I refuse to be content :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
Commander
# 26
04-19-2013, 03:42 AM
I would like to tweak my UI color if it is possible by editing some files on client and it is not against TOS.

Anybody knows what are the files involved with the UI color scheme ?
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
I refuse to be content :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U