Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 51
04-18-2013, 08:21 PM
They gave STALKERS battle cloak.

Stalkers are already a poor choice for damage output, and they already had masked energy signatures that made them nearly invisible to the enemy and twice as hard to hit - why did they need battlecloaks?
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-19-2013, 06:53 AM
I wouldn't worry about those stalkers.

Right now by the looks of it ALL the romulan ships have a battlecloack.
Community Moderator
# 53
04-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Slightly off-topic... Will Scorpions be the only flyable fighters in the game with a battle cloak?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Empire Veteran
# 54
04-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Slightly off-topic... Will Scorpions be the only flyable fighters in the game with a battle cloak?
I have a feeling they will be the only one.

Captain
# 55
04-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Stalkers are terrible. I'm a KDF and a big hater on the feds getting our cool toys, but even I'm not upset about this one.

Those yellowstones are going to make the PvP crowd super angry though.
Captain
# 56
04-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Stalkers are terrible. I'm a KDF and a big hater on the feds getting our cool toys, but even I'm not upset about this one.

Those yellowstones are going to make the PvP crowd super angry though.
yea, they do look nice.
inertial dampers will be a new super resist.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Career Officer
# 57
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I have the elite mesh weavers for my recluses... they are a bit underwhelming.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
For Star Trek sake, "KDF is over", "End of KDF" and such titles of threads are becomming very old very fast. Give it a rest. The KDF survived much harder times, so it's not about to fall apart when it finally is shaping up to become a proper full faction.
I actually enjoy them. I feel it helps contribute to the STO game universe where the Empire is hanging on the ragged edge, trying to survive in a war against a multitude of honorless and strangely impotent foes.
Career Officer
# 59
04-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Giving stalkers battle cloak is just barely enough to get an Atrox pilot interested enough to cough up the dil and credits for them. Even then, I only want them for hanging out outside ESD with some cloaked fighters. I'm vain, I'll pay for pretty.

Stalkers aren't like Bird of Prey pets at all. The BoPs have teeth, so the battle cloak is nice for upping damage. Stalkers don't keep up with other pets for damage, the battle cloak isn't likely to bring their damage up to that of a Peregrine, let alone a Scorpion, for the duration of the alpha strike. Forget about its damage over time if you are trying to constantly pull them off to make them burst with their cloak.

Admittedly I do not have them yet and may possibly change my mind after actually getting to use them, but I have the advanced ones. If you can do anything other than giggle over them getting battle cloak rather then a proper torpedo or damage ability you don't understand how laughable Stalkers are in the first place. Just about any other ability would have had more true impact then a cloak.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Commander
# 60
04-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Is anyone close to tier 5 science in a Klingon Fleet?

We have to balance the terms of the next engagement.