Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
...and I'm ok with that.

Sure this BC is a Romulan Battlecloak, and provides a turn rate bonus and speed bonus while cloaked.

Even so, that's fine to me. I highly enjoy playing my Klingon toons, and seeing this on Romulan ships is alright.

There's gonna be lots and lots of Feddies who go Romulan knowing about their BCs, hop in a Romulan ship with one and...quickly discover it isn't the 'mega-ultra-super-OP 'I-win' button' they seem to think it is.

So, let the Romulan ships have cloaks and battlecloaks, that's fine. As we KDF players realized a long time ago: Cloaking is a useful and strategic thing to have, particularly a BC, but it isn't as good as many seem to think.

Besides, there's still a ton of anti-cloaking stuff out there. I might even get the Nebula ships so I can make a snooper.

Oh yes, I wonder how long it'll take before the whining begins for Federation cloaking ships to gain that speed and turn-rate bonus.

Captain
# 2
04-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Oh yes, I wonder how long it'll take before the whining begins for Federation cloaking ships to gain that speed and turn-rate bonus.
Your post was going so well, and then you needed to start attacking the Feds.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 3
04-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Actually, I think it will be klingon players that will complain. It's not like someone flying a Galaxy-X would expect any improvement
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Doubt any KDF will be put out by it all. We Klingons got oir first cloaks from the RSE so it makes sense they would have a more prevelant use of them.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Captain
# 5
04-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
I might even get the Nebula ships so I can make a snooper.
Don't waste the resources. A 9 turn rate on a science ship is frustrating no matter how much fun the cloak detection grid is to fire up.

Quote:
The DPS boost will always be superior as long as Cryptic is making the game's mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
There's gonna be lots and lots of Feddies who go Romulan knowing about their BCs, hop in a Romulan ship with one and...quickly discover it isn't the 'mega-ultra-super-OP 'I-win' button' they seem to think it is.
"Lots and lots of Feddies" could just click that klingon thingy on charater creator and make a klingon and try the bc's. It is not like: "Oh! we feds that actually live in another planet cannot try the bcs that all those real klingons can use".

"Lots and lots of Feddies" have klingon toons. Just like most klingos have feds chars.

Now stop the fantasy of believing that u are actually from a different planet than the rest of us, nerds, playing this game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
04-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
...and I'm ok with that.

Sure this BC is a Romulan Battlecloak, and provides a turn rate bonus and speed bonus while cloaked.

Even so, that's fine to me. I highly enjoy playing my Klingon toons, and seeing this on Romulan ships is alright.

So, let the Romulan ships have cloaks and battlecloaks, that's fine. As we KDF players realized a long time ago: Cloaking is a useful and strategic thing to have, particularly a BC, but it isn't as good as many seem to think.

Besides, there's still a ton of anti-cloaking stuff out there. I might even get the Nebula ships so I can make a snooper.

I was just ever so slightly agitated...now I'm actually glad it's the Roms getting the BC and not the Feds.
I seriously thought Cryptic was going to cave-in to the Fed demands of a BC.
I do NOT want to use ARC to play STO

"Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'."
Republic Veteran
# 8
04-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirtdd View Post

Now stop the fantasy of believing that u are actually from a different planet than the rest of us, nerds, playing this game.
this is so true.
Captain
# 9
04-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
I was just ever so slightly agitated...now I'm actually glad it's the Roms getting the BC and not the Feds.
I seriously thought Cryptic was going to cave-in to the Fed demands of a BC.
They did...thats why there are Fedroms coming soon.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Doubt any KDF will be put out by it all. We Klingons got oir first cloaks from the RSE so it makes sense they would have a more prevelant use of them.
Exactly - Romulans supplied and taught the KDF how to use cloaking tech - some 50-100 years after they developed it.

It is just a logical thing to say that the Romulans have superior knowledge about cloaks and their use.

Edit: Mimey2 - you should correct your post to say that "all" Romulan Warbirds will have a battle cloak- it also appears from what was said that the inherent trait of romulans + the Romulan Boffs will allow a significant reduction in time between cloaking - decloaking and re-cloaking.

Of course I expect many new Federomulans to go boom in the first little while as they learn its not always best to battle cloak in combat, however, the big D will have 2x the hull of a Bop so it would be almost impossible to take her out while she's cloaking.

From the Blog:

Quote:
Romulans are well-known as being the masters of cloaking technology. All Romulan Warbirds come equipped with a Romulan Battle Cloaking device, allowing them to enter and exit cloaking even while in combat. (Note that not all small craft come with these; see below.)

Last edited by number1romulan; 04-19-2013 at 03:10 PM.