Cryptic Studios Team
This thread will cover the episodes "Stepping In" through "Tradecraft". Please leave all bugs, feedback, comments, and concerns here.

This content is only available to players in the Legacy of Romulus Closed beta.
Career Officer
# 2
04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
The Mission "Memory Lane' Says it rewards a Field Generator Console (+ Shield HP). It actually rewards a Shield Emitter Amplifier Console (+ Shield Regen).
Commander
# 3
04-19-2013, 10:39 AM
I gotta say, I chose the Federation, and I liked how the missions were arranged. It was much better than I expected; it was still a cohesively Romulan story.
Lieutenant
# 4
04-19-2013, 11:13 AM
I thought this was a great mission set overall. Here are a few things I noticed:

Smash and Grab:
-Transporting between the frieghters 1 and 2 led to the bridge officers staying behind on the first one, while I was transported.
-Another bug just noticed, a federation phaser was placed into one of the bridge officer's hands during the cutscene following the actions after transport.

Tradecraft:
This was the only thing I noticed was the text for changing Weapons to Ship Parts had an extra weapon after so it would read Weapons weapon or Ship Parts weapon. Here is the screenshot I took at the time: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...7C03FD7179613/

Last edited by ajddominion; 04-19-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 5
04-19-2013, 12:28 PM
I think when you first choose your ally there is a big in your face moment about that choice for a bit, it a tad overwhelming, and it feels like you are going to become a "fed" for a while until you get over to Eta Eridani.

You get introduced to a Fed Captain that you have a mission with, are given a bunch of Mark IV Rares in Phaser flavor, you are given a Fed BOFF, and when you go to get your ship you open the panel and all you see are Fed ships. It really creates a feel for a while that you are more a Fed than a Romulan.

I'd suggest that you need to visit your allies home base to be able to buy their ships/gear, that you not offer directly a allied BOFF at all, if we want them we can go get them, and that the tech offered be more generic, like shields, armor, consoles.

Also, if the freighter rescue mission could be made to look a bit less like the Shmar mission, that might be awesome. Different backdrop and/or music probably would do a world of difference.

Awesome work guys.
Career Officer
# 6
04-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Mission: "Tradecraft"

Problem:

When examining the data files and checking the information against our own database none of the information provided indicates which "change the text" option is the proper one. It's complete guess work. I would recommend having somebody revisit this section and find a way to indicate which selection is the proper one.
Ensign
# 7 Spelling Correction Needed
04-19-2013, 03:47 PM
In the mission briefing, Satra states "Also, the gases in the debris field will cause fluxuations in our shields, to compisate while inside we won't be able to go to full impulse."

"Compisate" should be compensate.

Thanks!
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
04-19-2013, 04:33 PM
dont like the fact when u hit lvl 10 u are given phasers if u pick fed. i no ppl like them but i would prefair a choice phasers or plasma i see ur reason for it but a choice would be better then just giving us a rare phaser phaser set
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Career Officer
# 9
04-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Where is D'Nak's helmet? I found the painting, but the helmet on the bridge was not to be seen. Is it an appearance piece?
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
04-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
I think when you first choose your ally there is a big in your face moment about that choice for a bit, it a tad overwhelming, and it feels like you are going to become a "fed" for a while until you get over to Eta Eridani.

You get introduced to a Fed Captain that you have a mission with, are given a bunch of Mark IV Rares in Phaser flavor, you are given a Fed BOFF, and when you go to get your ship you open the panel and all you see are Fed ships. It really creates a feel for a while that you are more a Fed than a Romulan.

I'd suggest that you need to visit your allies home base to be able to buy their ships/gear, that you not offer directly a allied BOFF at all, if we want them we can go get them, and that the tech offered be more generic, like shields, armor, consoles.

Also, if the freighter rescue mission could be made to look a bit less like the Shmar mission, that might be awesome. Different backdrop and/or music probably would do a world of difference.

Awesome work guys.
This I have to agree with. I was Surprise when I saw those Fed ground phaser, ship beam phaser and the canon phaser. It doesn't make you feel like you are Romulan at all. I thought the whole purpose of the alliance is Fed were rather interesting in Romulan tech not the other way round.

And what's with the Fed BOFF as a reward. Please no fed BOFF as rewards, since am reporting back to republic fleet not starfleet.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"