Captain
# 61
04-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
No less irresponsible, either. I only use such features if they in turn are password-protected and encrypt the stored data with that passphrase. And mostly I don't even use them; I use Lastpass instead.

Only you play on that computer; but you won't be the only one who checks that option off. Others who do so won't be the only one using their computer, and when their roommate/sister/boyfriend/neighbor/fratmate uses their account, they'll be contributing to the length of the support queue.

Further, since that data will not be in any meaningful way protected, it will be accessible to malware. Gold sellers employ programmers to create malware. The support floods when they have a big strike make the above look like small beer.
So? Thats no reason for it to not be an option. Thats the risk that is taken by everyone who uses a "remember this password" function. But its still an option, and Ive not read of there being any major problems with it in any other software.
Community Moderator
# 62
04-18-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
So? Thats no reason for it to not be an option. Thats the risk that is taken by everyone who uses a "remember this password" function. But its still an option, and Ive not read of there being any major problems with it in any other software.
I do security for a living, so I've read different things than you've read.

The problem with this is, it creates risk for Cryptic, not just for you; if it was just you affected, they could say "let them do what they want", but it will cost them money, and thereby affect support queue times for all customers, not just those using the option.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Starfleet Veteran
# 63
04-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
In your opinion.

I agree the light is a bit iffy at the moment, but it's an early version and I don't think it'll look the same after release. Personally I think it looks a lot better on tribble than it does on holo. Stop preaching your opinion as fact!
How about having them standing on a planet at night with their ship orbiting overhead. That might look better. I don't know if it would look good but Cryptic could try making it look like they just finished transporting. They would be finishing beam down so there would still be a little transporter effect linking them to the ship.