Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 171
04-19-2013, 12:49 PM
The auxiliary powered dual heavy cannons from the vesta class starship offers a nice solution to the main problem with science vessels. Has Cryptic considered adding other auxiliary powered weapons that would be usable on science vessels and only science vessels?

(Also, several Ask Cryptics ago someone asked if the IDIC Tribble would be making a comeback with the May release. Is this still a possibility?)
Career Officer
# 172
04-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandercorvus View Post
Soooo...You think an incoming communication through an open Comm. channel shouldn't alert the enemies monitoring the area?
HOW does that make sense?
Seeing as the NPC's can't attack you while you're cloaked, this is the only way to simulate them finding you through monitoring for such things as unauthorized communications.
I think the bug is quite brilliant, in that regard.

If you had asked them if they're going to fix the bug to where your cloak only drops when you're receiving a dialog box from any other source other than your BOff's, I'd have been right with you, but I disagree that receiving any kind of dialog box at all should not uncloak you, since an unauthorized subspace communication signal WOULD be detected by your enemies AND it's stopping point WOULD then be fired upon.

What do you think about this alleged "bug", Mr. Stahl?

I don't think you understand how radio communication, and thusly subspace radio communication works. The signal is sent out in every direction or directed to a certain sector, however it is available for view by anyone in the area. Your decoder on your ship we theoretically have, would then decode and allow you to view the communication but besides letting someone know you were still in the sector it wouldn't have a stopping point as you posit.

As such, it is a bug, and it is a very annoying one in several PVE missions.
Career Officer
# 173
04-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Is there any plan to make a dual monitor setup sometime in future it would make the game so much better if we had the ability to move some of interface to a 2nd screen
Empire Veteran
# 174
04-19-2013, 02:38 PM
When will we see saucer separation on the Galaxy-X (Dreadnought Cruiser) or a fleet version of the ship?

Will there be liberated Borg romulans for Lifetime Subscribers?
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Rihannsu
# 175
04-19-2013, 02:41 PM
With the recent decision to not allow Romulans to use the T5 ships of their ally could we have some T5 hybrid ships instead? T5 Ships featuring design elements and abilities from both sides of their respective alliances flyable by both?

Klingon and Romulan ships already share several design elements, the real interesting ones would be combining Starfleet/Romulan starship design.

Then of course there's the abilities, I'm sure we can all come up with ideas of which Federation/Klingon and Romulan powers could be mashed up in interesting ways.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )
Lt. Commander
# 176
04-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Will we get more faction uniqueness?
Faction specific Reputation trees?
Will it be possible to keep the old hud?
Rihannsu
# 177
04-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Will Rommies get a free retrofit ship at VA like Feds and KDF?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Lieutenant
# 178 transfer of Rom Char
04-19-2013, 04:04 PM
hello I am wondering, although im sure its been asked, after the Beta Testing will those who have a rom char on it be allowed to transfer their char over to the Holodeck server or will cryptic be kind and do it for us and allow up to keep all that we have done as a reward and thanks for being a Beta Tester and transfer it for us?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 179
04-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks to everyone who submitted their questions for the April Ask Cryptic! I am going to ship these questions over to Daniel so he can pull some of them out and respond. The answers will appear in an upcoming "Ask Cryptic" Web Feature that should be released before the end of the month!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Closed Thread