Republic Veteran
During the Derelict mission aboard the borg cube, it would be a good opportunity to introduce the player to the use of the Remodulator. It is a disconnect that these earlier borgs do not adapt versus borgs introduced later in the game.

Keep gameplay consistent throughout the game, makes it easier for everyone involved, especially new(bie) players.
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Why it's not going to matter never has never will.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 3
04-20-2013, 03:01 PM
The moment I boarded a Borg cube, I opened my inventory, threw remodulators onto my boffs and myself, and then... nothing. No need for them. Was surprised, to say the least, but if these Borg are the same as the Khitomer Crisis-style Borg, then it makes sense to not need to remodulate.
Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
Republic Veteran
# 4
04-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
During the Derelict mission aboard the borg cube, it would be a good opportunity to introduce the player to the use of the Remodulator. It is a disconnect that these earlier borgs do not adapt versus borgs introduced later in the game.

Keep gameplay consistent throughout the game, makes it easier for everyone involved, especially new(bie) players.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonia View Post
The moment I boarded a Borg cube, I opened my inventory, threw remodulators onto my boffs and myself, and then... nothing. No need for them. Was surprised, to say the least, but if these Borg are the same as the Khitomer Crisis-style Borg, then it makes sense to not need to remodulate.
I did the same thing. Not needing to remodulate was a disconnect.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-20-2013, 03:11 PM
I go the impression that they were implying that the centre of the Borg cube being "cut out" was the reason for the lack of Borg adaptation. However, from the shows this wouldn't have be the case, as the shields are an inherent part of the individual Borg drones even when they're not connected to the Collective, as seen on Voyager.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 04-20-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
04-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Yeah, was odd thinking you need Remodulators and don't. Will throw off new players later on going "why don't they get hurt".

BTW, wonder why they are using New Borg? Thought this was supposed to take place before Vega, which is when the New Borg supposed to start appearing?
Empire Veteran
# 7
04-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I go the impression that they were implying that the centre of the Borg cube being "cut out" was the reason for the lack of Borg adaptation. However, from the shows this wouldn't have be the case, as the shields are an inherent part of the individual Borg drones even when they're not connected to the Collective, as seen on Voyager.
You know I never really got that, why did they disconnect Seven's shield, wouldn't it have been better to keep it operational? I mean yeah okay I get how if she could never get hurt by enemy small arms fire it would loose some of the drama but still....
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 8
04-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Yeah, was odd thinking you need Remodulators and don't. Will throw off new players later on going "why don't they get hurt".

BTW, wonder why they are using New Borg? Thought this was supposed to take place before Vega, which is when the New Borg supposed to start appearing?
The tutorial starts 2 weeks before Vega. Since it mentions several days passing between the Suliban Helix and getting Hiven on Gasko? station the cube mission should happen after Vega, so those are probably Fed tutorial Borg that got away. And it won't throw off new players. They will learn how to use remodulators at the exactly same time as Feds and KDF.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
# 9
04-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
However, from the shows this wouldn't have be the case, as the shields are an inherent part of the individual Borg drones even when they're not connected to the Collective, as seen on Voyager.
Why it would not be the case?

Voyager is full of bull**** and you dont want to bring that up or I will bring up Borg ships had no shields and how Transphasic Torpedoes should be oneshooting then because that was on Voyager right?

Adaptation comes from the Collective analyzing the frequency and adapting the personal shields to block it but a Drone is NOT the Collective, the Vinculum was gone meaning they just working on auto pilot anyway and so lack the ability to adapt.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Republic Veteran
# 10
04-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post

It starts before Vega, however, by time you are in the Borg mission you have already found New Romulus, which is well after Vega.