Lt. Commander
# 51
04-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Poop but im joing Fed side, i see no reason to go KDF other then get more insults and sh*t about overpowered consoles etc (PvP wise)

More then enouhg reason to go Fed, I see absolutely no reason to go KDF. Sorry but thats just the state of the game right now.

I predict Death of KDF. They shouldnt add Romulans but in fact replace them with Romulans.
Now funnily enough, this is also why I'll never play on my Federation characters.
All I ever hear about the Defense Force from Starfleet members is just downright ridicule.
It goes from insults, to silly remarks, to improbable statements like the one above.

As mention, I've played with the Imperial Empire for quite some time and I've hardly ever
heard any talk of overpowered consoles. Honestly, this sounds more like a small dissident
forum opinion which has been taken as a stereotype for all players within the Defense Force.

But for some equal backfire of banter opposite ways: "Starfleet players I've often found to
be a bunch of ragtag hooligans who can't use proper grammar to save their lives and when
the fat targ pups haven't had enough to suckle, they whine like a Ferengi removed from
their precious latinum. If that isn't enough, all they care about is maxing out their ship specs."

/Sarcastic & Argumentative Tellarite
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
There are no secrets except the secrets that keep themselves.
Empire Veteran
# 52
04-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Poop but im joing Fed side, i see no reason to go KDF other then get more insults and sh*t about overpowered consoles etc (PvP wise)
Rom ships have battle cloak, rom boffs can get subterfuge and operative traits on the same boff (I have around 13s cd on my cloak right now as a result), with a character trait and certain singularity core you can also charge it to level 4-5 in a few seconds pretty easily.

So what am I getting at? Well, Quantum Absorption at level 5 is like RSP/TSS on crack, and lasts 30 seconds, you got lulzy crit chance and damage boost, plus the added decloak bonus, and AMS if you really want to be a... well, you know. All Romulan ships will be able to re-cloak with ease. It's not like feds don't have annoying crap too. Won't even mention those elite Danubes that'll be running around everywhere eventually.
Captain
# 53
04-20-2013, 03:36 PM
I agree the Feds did not sell themselves well here. Agreed that Sugihara was a clown and T'Nae was a Solokian racist pig.

The ambassador at the flotilla was the only reason I was able to feel like my character was making the right choice in the end: the promise and ability to deliver on long-term logistical support for New Romulus (while still attacking the Tal Shiar). Had I been writing a story, it would've definitely been a very last-minute decision on the part of my captain--an uneasy one, but a decision made with an eye towards the world her children and grandchildren would grow up in.

I would say that there should be more to make both sides look attractive in the end.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daroska View Post
Now funnily enough, this is also why I'll never play on my Federation characters.
All I ever hear about the Defense Force from Starfleet members is just downright ridicule.
It goes from insults, to silly remarks, to improbable statements like the one above.

As mention, I've played with the Imperial Empire for quite some time and I've hardly ever
heard any talk of overpowered consoles. Honestly, this sounds more like a small dissident
forum opinion which has been taken as a stereotype for all players within the Defense Force.

But for some equal backfire of banter opposite ways: "Starfleet players I've often found to
be a bunch of ragtag hooligans who can't use proper grammar to save their lives and when
the fat targ pups haven't had enough to suckle, they whine like a Ferengi removed from
their precious latinum. If that isn't enough, all they care about is maxing out their ship specs."

/Sarcastic & Argumentative Tellarite
i have a different KDF experience. All the consoles I want would cost me $25 a pop to buy a ship I'll never fly.

But the Feds... they can get some of the same consoles from lockboxes or just off the exchange. As KDF there arent may fed consoles I would ever use.

So to sum up. My fed captain has 3 KDF consoles I use all the time. To get the same consoles on my Klingon would cost me $75 real dollars. If there are bad ass KDF consoles, chances are they are showing up in a lockbox near you.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Survivor of Romulus
# 55
04-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Funny, I can edit my diplomatic boff, she's far from "completely uneditable", I can change her body, face and uniform (within the Klingon choices). Also fun fact: Officially we are at war with the Klingon Empire. Running exchange programs with them would be high treason.
I misread the post, I see what you're saying now. I guess Al meant in the spirit of the exchange program seen in the shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
Calling Worf's brother Kurn "The Klingon"? What's wrong with you?

He gave us some good lines too. "I shall try some of your burned replicated bird meat." when talking about Picard's turkey.
I couldn't for the life of me remember who it was, I knew he had ties to Worf. It's been a long day.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Republic Veteran
# 56
04-20-2013, 04:05 PM
My Rom will ally with the KDF, why becasue the KDF have the fun consoles, the Federation meh.

The KDF consoles and the Romulan cores I can make some interesting builds.