Lt. Commander
# 41
04-20-2013, 03:10 PM
I can't find the "Official" tutorial feedback post so I'm putting it here. Please make the Tutorial repeatable like an episode. The celebration cut scene is too good not to repeat. Thanks.
Captain
# 42
04-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestormsong View Post
Tradecraft

Nice with a mission that utilizes the ship interior, but you need to add info on how to enter your ship - I do not believe that a new player knows how to do this at this point?

I got a tooltip that explained it. Did you turn off your tutorial messages?
Captain
# 43
04-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Final battle of Tradecraft... Damn that's a lot of ships! But the big bad boss died basically as collateral damage in the massive opening exchange. Kind of anti-climactic. I think you'd get more storytelling bang for your buck if you made the fight somewhat smaller (why would the Tal Shiar bring more than 4 or 5 ships, one of them a D'deridex, to apprehend 2 criminals?) but then made the boss significantly tougher so that your little fleet had to actually pound on it for a bit.
I had that same problem too. Not sure when the lead ship when down, but it was pretty fast.

Honestly, I don't know that you need to alter the battle (I love the epicness of it), but maybe make it a two parter. Where the fleets fight it out, and then after the main Tal Shiar fleet is destroyed the Lead ship enters the fray and you have to battle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestormsong View Post
resting fight than I think was intended.

Tradecraft

Nice with a mission that utilizes the ship interior, but you need to add info on how to enter your ship - I do not believe that a new player knows how to do this at this point?
I could be remembering this wrong, but I do not believe this was the first time we did the ship interior. I seem to remember needing to be in my ready room at least once before.

I would also like to note, In Tradecraft I found a small graphical error. When Charva is in the brig, it seems like a piece of uniform is floating in the air next to her. Looks kind of like a piece of a cape piece. which is kind of odd since Charva doesn't wear a cape.
Lieutenant
# 44
04-21-2013, 04:48 AM
Good missions, a bit easy, and really too easy when there are allied npcs, since they can handle it without your help. That's what I tried to figure out, you can sit and do nothing, the allies will complete the task for you. Very frustrating.

I can easily imagine a player reading Haverson telling him he's a great fighter even if he has been blown up 3-4 times. I'd be quite frustrated if I were this player. You see the NPCs playing the mission for you and then congratulating you.

I remember having a lot of fun during the first federation episodes, they were really more difficult, I had to respawn a couple of times per episode since i was a beginner but it felt really more rewarding. Here there are only basic NPCs you can headshot with your lvl 1 free weapons all along the arc. I miss the boss fights and mini boss fights.

Last edited by dieutoutpuissant; 04-21-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Captain
# 45
04-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Lots of spelling and grammatical errors, too many to note here. A little proof read should sort those out!

I chuckled a little when K'Men wouldn't let me in on his planes! (sic), in "An Inside Job"

Gameplay is quite smooth, but I find it a little hard to follow that in the cutscenes the Boff Dialogue is written at the bottom in big letters, but my character responses are written in a speech bubble over my head. I'm used to my dialogue being at the bottom, this was particularly annoying in "Trade Craft"

For some reason, there was no music on Drozana Station, which made it more creepy. You'd think they would play music in a bar no?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Republic Veteran
# 46
04-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Like the other story arcs, I liked this one a lot. My complaints are, again, too many typos. Whoever is responsible for spell checking, needs to recheck the text in the story arcs. It's distracting during the missions.

The lighting in the Romulan Flotilla is TOO DARK. I had a hard time seeing where I was going, and seeing consoles and pillars and such. I'd recommend increasing the lighting on the Flotilla considerably.

I would've liked to have more interactions between the different delegates of the Federation and the Klingons, before making a decision on which side to ally with. Subcommander Nadel even tells you to ask questions of each rep before making a decision, but there were no questions to ask.

Also, I'd like the Federation delegate to be of a recognizable race, instead of a random alien generated one. In fact, a Vulcan representative of the Federation would be even more compelling, seeing as how D'Tan and the Romulan Republic want to work towards reunification at some point.

Otherwise, this story arc blends in nicely with the other two. There is no break in the transition from the first story arc, to this one, to the next one. Superbly done.
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
04-21-2013, 10:22 AM
I don't believe the ship interior rewards for "Memory Lane" are active. The village painting is already in your ready room from the beginning, and I don't see the helmet anywhere.

Also there are no options to place things like trophies in the Ready Room or Lounge (or anywhere else)

Raptr profile
Lieutenant
# 48
04-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Found a bit of a typo in Stepping In and some issues in other missions in this arc so far. (Tradecraft in progress.)

Stepping In:
"We've stop their salvaging operations sir, we need to report what we've seen here."
I think that should be stopped.

Smash & Grab:
Throughout this mission I kept saying to myself that my character was an idiot for believing Charva so easily, especially after getting false intel from her in the previous mission.

If the Romulan Republic are supposed to be good guys, then attacking an unknown convoy (that didn't match the intel) without even an attempt at communications just didn't feel right. (In my case I decided, instead of attacking by ambush, I decloaked and let the Cardassians make the first move. AKA I didn't fire first. But in the end it still feels more like an act of piracy then anything else. Had I the option, I would have tried a more diplomatic solution at first, though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work since those ships apparently were True Way ships.)

In Tradecraft I found the following issue:
"There is no evidence showing that D'Tan was collecting information regarding [Enemy Faction]'s Water Reclaimation."

I think I also got an extra dialog box after closing the one above that said Federation instead of Enemy Faction. (In my case the Klingons are the enemy faction, which showed up properly on other dialog boxes.)

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned, but the rewards do not appear to scale to your level. Also the Memory Lane helmet/painting seem to have issues, as previously mentioned.

Overall, the missions so far have been interesting, but I'm not totally satisfied how quickly things escalated to violence in Memory lane without the other teams giving me a chance to explain myself. (Of course, I know this is an MMO and thus combat is the basis of the game.) Smash & Grab was the mission that I disliked the most so far, especially since in this instance I picked the Federation to ally with.
Starfleet Veteran
# 49
04-21-2013, 05:26 PM
-=Smash and Grab(FED)=-
-An unknown Bolian female in starfleet uniform face was shown during the text desscibing the contents of the fourth cargo hold on the first transport.
-I was able to beam to the bridge of the second transport without activating the first transport's self-destruct.
-An unknown Bolian female in starfleet uniform was shown for the display asking whether I wished to change between each transport ship.
-=Tradecraft (FED)=-
When Decrypted the files everything felt like guessing.my I suggest that the files you review so just dispair from the list.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
Survivor of Romulus
# 50
04-22-2013, 04:15 PM
really liked this arc...however the Xp reward for completing Tradecraft needs to be high enough to get the character to lvl 16 to continue the next mission.as it was, just doing the story mission i came up 1k xp short of lvl 16...and doing patrols or the low rewarding exploration missions sucks..especially when having patrols to do later on is beneficial. As this is fed side.

I would also go so far to say that DSEs ships need their xp rates raised as well...particularly the gorn/klink/orion ones 1-15 xp per ship is not that great.

If the doffs were given at lvl 11 like when the doffing is unlocked it would be less of a mess, instead of this random lvl between 11 and 20 business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p