Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 111
04-20-2013, 09:40 PM
I look at it this way, the KDF will gain more population through Romulans joining and not loose as many players as the Federation will.

Plus remember a lot of players don't play the KDF due to the Red UI and now with the choice to choose didn't colours may also help the KDF population.

Plus there is only one pre-T5 Federation ship that has a half decent console. I can think of several KDF ships that have good consoles I use on a regular basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 801
# 112
04-21-2013, 12:35 AM
It'll be really interesting to see where the number lay after the excitement of a new faction wears off.

There are a lot of people that have been saying they've been waiting 3 years to finally get to play as a Romulan, and that hardcore group most likely won't go KDF. Remember Romulans are deceitful honourless dogs and Klingons are Barbaric Neanderthals. If people choose to go with the long established history between Romulans and Klingons over the STO storyline, then people will go Fed.

I've seen people in this thread talking about people should go KDF alliance because of the KDF consoles and that FED consoles are bound to certain ships. Actually very few of the lower tier ship consoles are actually bound to a ship type so that logic doesn't really apply.

In the end the only things that will really be a factor for player population are if Cryptic creates content for all three factions equally and a players personal interest.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,616
# 113
04-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
It'll be really interesting to see where the number lay after the excitement of a new faction wears off.

There are a lot of people that have been saying they've been waiting 3 years to finally get to play as a Romulan, and that hardcore group most likely won't go KDF. Remember Romulans are deceitful honourless dogs and Klingons are Barbaric Neanderthals. If people choose to go with the long established history between Romulans and Klingons over the STO storyline, then people will go Fed.

I've seen people in this thread talking about people should go KDF alliance because of the KDF consoles and that FED consoles are bound to certain ships. Actually very few of the lower tier ship consoles are actually bound to a ship type so that logic doesn't really apply.

In the end the only things that will really be a factor for player population are if Cryptic creates content for all three factions equally and a players personal interest.
Thats the point, since you will only have access to lower tier ships then kdf is your best bet since they have more low tiered ships than the feds. I did a breakdown a while ago. I may even update it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=386491
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 801
# 114
04-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Thats the point, since you will only have access to lower tier ships then kdf is your best bet since they have more low tiered ships than the feds. I did a breakdown a while ago. I may even update it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=386491
Yeah, but if you're going to play a Romulan then why would you want a KDF or FED ship to begin with, and as far as special ability consoles how much of your list gets zeroed out because they are cloaks/cloak modifying, now available cross faction or the singularity core abilities negate needing them?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,616
# 115
04-21-2013, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Yeah, but if you're going to play a Romulan then why would you want a KDF or FED ship to begin with, and as far as special ability consoles how much of your list gets zeroed out because they are cloaks/cloak modifying, now available cross faction or the singularity core abilities negate needing them?
Well its more about available choices for me. The kdf simply has more options for the levels where I could actualy use one of their ships.

And since all the cstore ships after ra have bound consoles the kdf also hase more available console options for me should I choose to buy a ship.

Plus, Plasmonic leech, Only always on console available, also the only one I fine I use on a regular basis. And I think one of the coming rom ships has an always on shield stealing console ability.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 86
# 116
04-21-2013, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Well its more about available choices for me. The kdf simply has more options for the levels where I could actualy use one of their ships.

And since all the cstore ships after ra have bound consoles the kdf also hase more available console options for me should I choose to buy a ship.

Plus, Plasmonic leech, Only always on console available, also the only one I fine I use on a regular basis. And I think one of the coming rom ships has an always on shield stealing console ability.
No doubt the leech will be put in a lock-box soon enough. There was a big KDF outcry with just the rumor of that awhile back because of the buff Feds would get with Maco shield.

well that is not only null and void - but the opposite happened the KDF got the op combo of Maco shields and Plasmonic leech.

Its time for Fed side to steal the leech tech - call section 31
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,616
# 117
04-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1romulan View Post
No doubt the leech will be put in a lock-box soon enough. There was a big KDF outcry with just the rumor of that awhile back because of the buff Feds would get with Maco shield.

well that is not only null and void - but the opposite happened the KDF got the op combo of Maco shields and Plasmonic leech.

Its time for Fed side to steal the leech tech - call section 31
You noticed how quiet it after it happened? Alot of those "the sky is falling" posters suddenly evaporated. I think they were hoping no one noticed.

It also isn't just about the consoles. I prefer disruptor weapons. And the kdf fleets get elite disruptor weapons.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,925
# 118
04-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1romulan View Post
Its time for Fed side to steal the leech tech - call section 31
yeah, they're always around to annoy you when you don't want them, but when you actually need S31 for something, there are none to be found...
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,616
# 119
04-21-2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
yeah, they're always around to annoy you when you don't want them, but when you actually need S31 for something, there are none to be found...
So true. they are like that family member who only show up when they need money. Or someone to travel back in time and save the universe.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 86
# 120
04-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
You noticed how quiet it after it happened? Alot of those "the sky is falling" posters suddenly evaporated. I think they were hoping no one noticed.

It also isn't just about the consoles. I prefer disruptor weapons. And the kdf fleets get elite disruptor weapons.
Yes I remember the threads were so angry and violent about Feds getting Leech and the Maco shields that most had to be shut down.

The KDF posters were getting out the pitch forks and marching toward Cryptic.

They said it would be GAME BREAKING - Super OP - unfair advantage - on and on.

Then poof they got Adapted Maco and kept the Leech and all talk about it being OP and game breaking came to a screeching halt - dead silence -hoping no-one would notice that they now had what they were saying was unfair and OP.

Don't worry - before the next lock-box us Federomulans will be making the topic a #1 priority - especially with the reduced power levels for Romualn ships! My Klingomulan will need something from the Fed side but what do they have?

Last edited by number1romulan; 04-21-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:41 AM.